• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
Bloomberg published an article about the development of the game

Basically, the game was supposed to be way bigger but they had to shrink the scope of the game. Staten basically made sure 343 got more time to polish what was released instead of having everything being a buggy mess

343 is ****ed in two major ways, the engine is a massive issue to the point they considered switching to Unreal (Bungie is having major issues with their engine too)

MS won't let 343 get too big with full-time devs. So they rely heavily on contractors. Problem is, MS has a company-wide policy that no contractor be employed for more than 18 months. So there is a ton of turnover

So when they got a bunch of people that figured stuff out about the engine, they have to leave and new inexperienced workers come in. And that causes issues.

This is why I give 343 a break. Dudes constantly want to whine and complain like 343 is just incompetent devs with all the time in the word to get something bone.

But they are real people, having to adjust to real work constraints.

Bloomberg published an article about the development of the game

Basically, the game was supposed to be way bigger but they had to shrink the scope of the game. Staten basically made sure 343 got more time to polish what was released instead of having everything being a buggy mess

343 is ****ed in two major ways, the engine is a massive issue to the point they considered switching to Unreal (Bungie is having major issues with their engine too)

MS won't let 343 get too big with full-time devs. So they rely heavily on contractors. Problem is, MS has a company-wide policy that no contractor be employed for more than 18 months. So there is a ton of turnover

So when they got a bunch of people that figured stuff out about the engine, they have to leave and new inexperienced workers come in. And that causes issues.

This is why I give 343 a break. Dudes constantly want to whine and complain like 343 is just incompetent devs with all the time in the word to get something bone.

But they are real people, having to adjust to real work constraints.

Why is there a 18 month turnover?

They getting people on work visas or something?

It sounds like it is just a Microsoft policy

The max length contract is 18 months.

Apprently they got sued for having people on indefinite contracts, so they are enforcing the time limit now...

Microsoft is ****ing 343 here.

IMG_20211129_233327.gif

Sounds like it is a Microsoft thing. 343 can't go against company policy
It’s a multi faceted issue. Big rooted issues at the MS / corporate level.. small issues with 343. Unfortunately 343’s face is the one all over this, so they’re taking the beating

Obviously with that info, 343 isn’t entirely fault. But it’s still their job to deliver something to be proud of, which I think despite the flukes we’re looking at (swat, slayer and what have you being missing and not coming until they unravel whatever is intertwined behind the curtains), they’ve done.

The reason campaign levels aren’t replayable I’m hearing is because it’s more of an open world concept.. you don’t really replay missions in GTA story either right?

It just sucks 343 is taking all the heat and they can’t directly throw those that should be thrown to the wolves, to the wolves.

Also, can we please fix the damn melees in this game ffs

The reason campaign levels aren’t replayable I’m hearing is because it’s more of an open world concept.. you don’t really replay missions in GTA story either right?
These levels have collectibles like Skulls etc that are relevant for gameplay and presumably achievements though. If you happen to miss something in the later end of the campaign, that means you have to replay the whole thing at this point.

343 gotta deal with a pain in the *** engine, yet they were still able to deliver a great game

The Coalition has the advantage of working with Unreal, yet they delivering underwhelming **** like Gears 5

Campaign is good so far but the open world feels a bit bland. At the end of the day I prefer more linear levels like the second mission, loved the visuals in that one.

It’s a multi faceted issue. Big rooted issues at the MS / corporate level.. small issues with 343. Unfortunately 343’s face is the one all over this, so they’re taking the beating

Obviously with that info, 343 isn’t entirely fault. But it’s still their job to deliver something to be proud of, which I think despite the flukes we’re looking at (swat, slayer and what have you being missing and not coming until they unravel whatever is intertwined behind the curtains), they’ve done.

You can replay levels in GTAV. It’s in the pause menu. Just select the mission and go.

Campaign is alright so far. I'm in the middle of level 3.

Not really blown away or severely disappointed 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom