OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

To be fair... The Cudi as a pillar argument could be:

There's no 808s without Cudi (yes, T Pain was a bigger influence, but Cudi actually co-wrote most of the hits on that record.)

There's no Drake without 808s and heartbreaks.

There's no current generation of rappers without Drake.
Your bottom 3 points are huge in the grand scheme of things- you take those away and the musical landscape looks way different.

Hip-hop centered stations are also playing Cardi B 6 times an hour so I don't go off them. 808's was a direct reflection of Cudi's style and influence. The stylings of Drake, Travis Scott & Ye are all drawn from Cudi's style. He played a pivotal role in the game. His best work will likely always be his earlier offerings but his recent albums have been solid.
Just because someone was influenced by Cudi, that does not make Cudi the GOAT.

Not even sure how you come up to that conclusion.

I for sure respect the opinions but to not see Cudi as a major influence in the sound of the last 10 or so years is wild.
I mean ..i just said Kid Cudi was not that good and his best is behind him. That has nothing to do with influence or whatever.

That's just my opinions and Im sure Im not alone.

Just because someone was influenced by Cudi, that does not make Cudi the GOAT.

Not even sure how you come up to that conclusion.
I said Cudi is A GOAT...basically that he is one of the greatest to do what he does and I stand by that. Influence is all over music and he wasn't the first and won't be the last to influence others but my argument is that he is a key player in what music has been recently.

Your bottom 3 points are huge in the grand scheme of things- you take those away and the musical landscape looks way different.
It looks way different but would that necessarily mean it would be bad? For all we know we didnt need a 808 or heartbreak ... i prefer older Ye to be honest. If that the type of music that moves you so beat it.

Do you think Kodak or NBA Youngboy are great?

I said Cudi is A GOAT...basically that he is one of the greatest to do what he does and I stand by that. Influence is all over music and he wasn't the first and won't be the last to influence others but my argument is that he is a key player in what music has been recently.
And I cold-hearted stand by what I said. CUDI is not good IMO ...

It looks way different but would that necessarily mean it would be bad? For all we know we didnt need a 808 or heartbreak ... i prefer older Ye to be honest. If that the type of music that moves you so beat it.

Do you think Kodak or NBA Youngboy are great?
It's all hypothetical so I have no idea if it would have been bad or not but I do find music that I like in the current landscape- few and far between but I'm content.

Both of them are trash imo- can't listen to them but music is interpreted by everyone different so somebody is listening I guess.

Music serves different purposes and there's a time and place for different styles imo.

I don't always want to listen to Madvillain or American Gangster. Sometimes I wanna hear Man on the Moon or Astroworld. When the mood strikes, I'm here for Cudi's "ummm hmmms." But I also really only love AKNC, MOTM 1-2, and KSG from him.

That's just my taste and opinion though.

Last edited:
rzaqghzo3yh81.jpg

It's all hypothetical so I have no idea if it would have been bad or not but I do find music that I like in the current landscape- few and far between but I'm content.

Both of them are trash imo- can't listen to them but music is interpreted by everyone different so somebody is listening I guess.
Just like I think Cudi is not good, you think NBA Youngboy is not good ... however you think Cudi is GOAT because he is influences ... NBA Youngboy has better numbers than Cudi and is the #1 streamed rapper in YT ... so he is influencing and has numbers to back it up .. is he GOAT?

CUDI is good not great imo. Saying he is not good is like saying he has zero talent. He has some talent just not enough to carry him to say he is GOAT status.
I respect that .... to me he aint good now .. if he was good, it's all behind him.

However, I do understand there are people that still rock with him and like him so I can't knock that ... but like you stated, he aint nowhere near GOAT.

part 1 of the doc was great. it was basically bringing Last Call to life in video form. the confidence and the vision was there from day 1. the stuff with his mom was awesome footage, I knew they were close but didn't realize it was that tight

Back
Top Bottom