OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

I get that but it's a lot of big artist that put out bad projects and critics kill it. Seem like when it comes to Kanye folks are scared to be honest.

Yep. They are afraid to hurt their publication readers because like someone stated above, they know their audience is just as feeble and emotional as Kanye himself is.
That bridge by Cudi is dopee, wish he made more melodies like that in his own songs

Yeah i'm a fan of that record too. Cudi was like...perfect for that hook.

Take his verse off Wolves bruh and add back Vic and Sia. I can't even listen to Wolves right now the way it is :smh:

I don't mind leaving Frank Ocean on there but they really do need to bring back Sia and Vic even if its at the expense of Kanye himself lol.

As someone who thinks people who worship Kanye are strange as hell but respect Kanye's music

I'll give the album a 6.5/10, def some solid tracks but I highly doubt I don't delete half the album a year from now

That's exactly why I went ahead and downloaded the version that's out now. Just in case I don't like some of the changes.

I've been absent the few days, @illphillip
@tay1
@Maximus Meridius
@Gordonson
what did y'all think about the album?

I think that my man right here summed very similar thoughts to mine up well:

I'm not even sure how to phrase my reaction to the album. The production (beats and vocals) are amazing. But the structure and Kanye's writing are ******* all over the place.

Some of the album is just way too haphazard. I get Kanye likes to have different parts, hooks, breakdowns, etc. to songs to have them evolve... but it's gotta be done with a purpose. Some of these tracks just sound like he threw 1 1/2 half-finished verses and a few different hooks from different artists on a beat. No structure.

And the lyrics of course... The super-cringe lyrics are bad, sure. But it's harder to stomach when they're complete nonsense and/or are way out of tune with the vibe of the song. Kanye has always had bad lyrics but they'd usually go with the song and the rest of his verse. Now a lot of them are out of left field so it's bad on another level.

He'll probably do some tweaking before the "official" release but I doubt it'll be anything major. Maybe he'll tack on a new guest verse here and there. I doubt he'll do any heavy revisions other than to "Wolves," though he should. If he pasted in some better/more developed verses of his own in a few places, it would make a huge difference to the overall album.

But I overall found it to be an enjoyable listening experience because I held back on listening to anything he put out so I didn't know what to expect.

Interested in seeing what alterations he makes before it goes out officially.

Last edited:
I've been absent the few days, @illphillip
@tay1
@Maximus Meridius
@Gordonson
what did y'all think about the album?

Production is A1. And most of the features work great. The album is definitely better than Yeezus imo. Like I said the production is A!. That seems to be the unanimous agreement here. The lyrics are a little weak in some areas, but definitely not as bad as some are making it. Ultralight Beam, Father stretch my Hands part 1, Waves, FML, Real Friends, Wolves, No More Parties In LA, and Fade are the standouts. I'd give it an 4/5 or a B grade. I plan on writing somewhat of a review but the alterations made to the album will determine my final consensus on the album.

The album seems a bit thrown together and I believe it's like that due to the Tidal release. 18 tracks is definitely too many; It should be cut down to like 11 - 13. 11 - 13 tracks would make this a truly great album that can stand up to MBDTF. However, I believe we'll get a better version when the physical and itunes release comes out.

Last edited:
808s is my least favorite in his catelog, TLOP (right now) is penultimate. It's only been out for a few days but I can say that this is the second album by Kanye I didn't like off the first listen. Usually from the initial listen the music grabs you but this not so much. I'm afraid to say it NT pessimistic peanut gallery maybe right this time.

I think Kanye is too creative to ever fall off entirely but being father, husband, designer, and reality star is talking a toll on his music. It's all over the place just like his life right now.

I believe he can get back to that MBDTF level but he just needs to re-dedicate himself to the music. He listens to public criticism and if the consensus is that it's wack we will get the "old" Kanye back.

:lol: it's getting popular I guess. A couple regular *** chicks I know were talking about getting it done a month ago. IG thots will be advertising kits in no time

I've only heard of adult entertainers doing it because it looks better on camera.
Don't understand if it's become a hobby now :lol:

dude is ******* his life up on a large scale.
most have debt but not 53 milly
most have asked for money but not 1 billy
:lol:

Last edited:
This whole thread is hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

That Desiigner ***** will never take off. Sounds too much like future. I'm more upset that he even bit his adlibs, like we wasn't going to notice it [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Kanye has gone off the deep end, talking about he needs a billy from Zuckerburg. Man just tweeted that hedge fund managers and billionaires were calling him left and right. Stay away fam, they tryna exploit you worse than you thought Nike did.

This whole thread is hilarious [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

That Desiigner ***** will never take off. Sounds too much like future. I'm more upset that he even bit his adlibs, like we wasn't going to notice it [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Kanye has gone off the deep end, talking about he needs a billy from Zuckerburg. Man just tweeted that hedge fund managers and billionaires were calling him left and right. Stay away fam, they tryna exploit you worse than you thought Nike did.
This

Back
Top Bottom