OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Yeezus is great

Still spin it to this day 
smokin.gif

Agreed. There's some corny lyrics here and there, but overall great album. Production delivers the whole way through.

HOV could've easily replaced those Kanye beats with some just blaze beats at the time, don't get it twisted

There's a reason why Kanye wrote big brother :lol:
Just blaze ain't Kanye....jay z still "riding kanyes #wave" as y'all like to say :lol: WTT[emoji]128064[/emoji]

He's was being generous :pimp:

Last edited:
Take away the Samsung sales, mchg still outsold yeezus :lol: please don't tell me I'm dealing with delusional people in here

Just blaze ain't Kanye....jay z still "riding kanyes #wave" as y'all like to say :lol: WTT[emoji]128064[/emoji]

He's was being generous :pimp:

HOV outshined Kanye on every song on WTT

last time I checked MCHG outsold ASSus

That Samsung deal saved that album

So the song with Justin Timberlake and "Tom Ford" didn't happen?

"**** withmeyouknowIgotit"?

"Picasso Baby" didn't get a Grammy nom for Best Video? And lose to JT/Jay Z "Suit And Tie"?

Ignorance is bliss :lol:

Kanye west the biggest rockstar out right now

Which means what exactly? Twitter beef?

Let's get a great album. Nothing else matters.

Last edited:
it's been years and somehow someway dudes are still upset and mentioning Yeezus... the sign of true trash is nobody thinking about the project & simply forgetting about it. Yeezus has been the polar opposite of that so it can't possibly be as trash as some of ya'll want it to be.

Do people even listen to words anymore? :lol:

One thing I will say, is BOTH albums were poor outings from otherwise great artists.

I'll Give ye credit his ability to cater to the youth has been one of the strongest features of his career, because if he hadn't he would have had a bunch of fans who started calling him trash for damn near no reason other than being tired of him being hot.

It has happened to damn near every artist but him, Jay, Wayne, EM, Jeezy, Ross etc etc.. it seems like these days Fans wait for a few media outlets to say this is old news and suddenly EVERYTHING the artist drops afterwards is trash.

Hell it's already starting with Future fans and he's literally been on this run a lil over a year.

Ye's ability to work with new artist and completely change sounds every album has allowed him to gain a new fanbase everytime the older fans decide enough is enough

Just blaze ain't Kanye....jay z still "riding kanyes #wave" as y'all like to say
laugh.gif
WTT[emoji]128064[/emoji]

He's was being generous
pimp.gif
HOV outshined Kanye on every song on WTT

last time I checked MCHG outsold ASSus
That Samsung deal saved that album
So the song with Justin Timberlake and "Tom Ford" didn't happen?

"**** withmeyouknowIgotit"?

"Picasso Baby" didn't get a Grammy nom for Best Video? And lose to JT/Jay Z "Suit And Tie"?

Ignorance is bliss
laugh.gif
Kanye west the biggest rockstar out right now
Which means what exactly? Twitter beef?

Let's get a great album. Nothing else matters.
We've talked about this ad nauseum, but New Slaves was nominated for best rap song and Yeezus was nominated for Best Rap Album as well. I get you're just listing Jay's accolades cuz of the topic, but Yeezus got award recognition as well.

And Jay didn't lose best video at the Grammy's, they don't recognize videos. Those were the VMAs you mean. Not making a big deal, just clearing it up since it's a discussion.

Also, the Grammy's were snubbing Kanye that year because of his behavior towards them. They didn't shut him out completely, but it was pretty well documented they were sending him a message. And he went off on them a few times because of it.

I think since we're talking about MCHG vs. Yeezus for the umpteen-millionth time in 3 years, we should also mention that Yeezus was by consensus better reviewed than MCHG. That's not saying Ye is a better rapper than Jay, he isn't, but MC was pretty transparent in what it was. Criticize Ye for trying something different and maybe striking out as far as your tastes go. But also acknowledge Jay yada yada'd and half-assed out an album just to have material to perform in a stadium/promo tour.

Metacritic scores for reference: (it aggregates reviews from across the internet and print into one average)

Yeezus has a metacritic score of 84

http://www.metacritic.com/music/yeezus/kanye-west

Magna Carta Holy Grail by comparison has a metacritic score of 60

http://www.metacritic.com/music/magna-carta-holy-grail/jay-z

Regardless of what people in here may like to think (and maybe reinvent history on) Yeezus was one of the best reviewed albums of 2013 and generally considered by most to be a revelation. Magna Carta was widely held to be a disappointment, and reviews show most people considered it mediocre to terrible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
At the end of the day, both albums were subpar.

Me personally, Jay should just call it a career. If that's the best he has to offer us, then he's done cuz the album was pure doo doo minus a few songs. Whereas with Kanye, the production was dope as always, the actual content just wasn't there for me. Album had no emotion like a Real Friends or Wolves has. Just seemed like one big rant to me in a way. When he's focused on music, he can clearly still deliver. IDK about Jay.

Last edited:
Yeezus was half assed. MCHG was half assed.

Most of Yeezus is Kanye rapping about nothing over Travis Scott like beats. Jay is actually spitting on some of MCHG but that **** was forgettable. Both albums are at the bottom of their catalogs.

that kid ian is an eye sore , like i seriously have a hard time looking at him 

his protege lucka or lucus or whatever is annoying too 

none of this contributes to anything i just had to say that . i don't get it 

that kid ian is an eye sore , like i seriously have a hard time looking at him 

his protege lucka or lucus or whatever is annoying too 

none of this contributes to anything i just had to say that . i don't get it 

Somebody needs to explain to me why this kid is famous. I've tried looking into it but he just seems like a weird *** kid with the IQ level of a brick that thinks of himself as a fashion icon because he wears those terrible *** Kanye clothes

Somebody needs to explain to me why this kid is famous. I've tried looking into it but he just seems like a weird *** kid with the IQ level of a brick that thinks of himself as a fashion icon because he wears those terrible *** Kanye clothes

This. Like all I see is he a fashion icon. How? I dont know

MCHG and Yeezus were both awful albums. I mean awful. I wish they didn't release. I love when that album is brought up to Kanye, he looks so regretful in every recent interview. Almost embarrassed.

Y'all giving Kanye too much credit for his Rocafella days. He wasn't producing their hit singles and it was usually a few songs off each album. Those beats were easily replaceable.

I'm still trying to figure out how Travis Scoot became popular. He's basically the accepted version of Soulja Boy. His look, raps, style, beats are all stolen. I guess because Kanye took him in, he's accepted. If Kanye took in Soulja Boy, people would love him too.

Last edited:
MCHG and Yeezus were both awful albums. I mean awful. I wish they didn't release. I love when that album is brought up to Kanye, he looks so regretful in every recent interview. Almost embarrassed.

Y'all giving Kanye too much credit for his Rocafella days. He wasn't producing their hit singles and it was usually a few songs off each album. Those beats were easily replaceable.

I'm still trying to figure out how Travis Scoot became popular. He's basically the accepted version of Soulja Boy. His look, raps, style, beats are all stolen. I guess because Kanye took him in, he's accepted. If Kanye took in Soulja Boy, people would love him too.

Ballerific no shot at u, u cool but why everyone always say Travis stole his style music wise. I always thought he influenced Ye with Yeezus & MTBDF

Back
Top Bottom