OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

What if he is sending/saying all of these random change-ups because there has already been a final tracklist, album art, etc

I think we've all noticed artists (big ones at least) trying to get creative with their album releases lately.. **** , Ye had video projectors on random *** walls prior to his Yeezus album

Curious to see what tomorrow brings, either way I'm excited to be seeing him perform it live albeit in a theater

I don't mind Kanye cooking all the way to the last second

When he re-worked and added things to MDBTF it came out dope

Heard the first half of the album tonight...

it has a gospel feel to it, but not overly preachy. just really soulful and the beats were 
nthat.gif
like they got that knock to them. def head nodders...

ultra light beams is dope. like a mix of dark fantasy & two words with the choir...

wasn't a fan of chance the rapper until i heard him on that 2nd song. his verse was very well done.

i feel like the future was on it too.

Ebro is def right about how there is something from all his albums on Pablo...

just my opinion tho...

Last edited:
I miss the skits and how they would segue way into the song. "This brotha has been eating every day.. can you believe that? Eating every day"

Heard the first half of the album tonight...

it has a gospel feel to it, but not overly preachy. just really soulful and the beats were 
nthat.gif
like they got that knock to them. def head nodders...

ultra light beams is dope. like a mix of dark fantasy & two words with the choir...

wasn't a fan of chance the rapper until i heard him on that 2nd song. his verse was very well done.

i feel like the future was on it too.

Ebro is def right about how there is something from all his albums on Pablo...

just my opinion tho...

The mods at this forum have listened to an unfinished version: https://forum.sectioneighty.com/no-leaks-my-thoughts-on-this-album.t52400/ never been to that forum before but it sounds legit.

In the thread they say a lot of the songs are carried by arrangement - they develop and hit highs and lows. Wolves builds over a longer period of time and sounds more epic. Great uses of samples. Lots of guests but a lot of times their voices are used as "instruments."

I've been pretty unsure about how this album was gonna be but reading through that got me a little hyped.

Last edited:
I personally like Graduation the best. My least favorite is 808s. 808s is still a great album, there are just some trash records on it.

What if he is sending/saying all of these random change-ups because there has already been a final tracklist, album art, etc

I think we've all noticed artists (big ones at least) trying to get creative with their album releases lately.. **** , Ye had video projectors on random *** walls prior to his Yeezus album

Curious to see what tomorrow brings, either way I'm excited to be seeing him perform it live albeit in a theater

I said the same a few pages back. Ye had TLOP probably set from the start (well, maybe not the start but earlier than 2 days ago) and knew changing it a few times in between would generate even more anticipation.

so what time is it supposed to drop today...? figured it'd be out at midnight or whatever.

Top 5 greatest hip hop catalogs i would say so, Top 5 most impactful i would say.... top 5 rapper NO, and that's because i think lyrics are an immense part of rap & he admittedly has had significant help writing... doesn't take away from his artistry at all because he does so many other things when shaping the music & albums.

but when i'm ranking Rap, lyrical ability is high on my list and his isn't on par with others

Back
Top Bottom