OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Yes I'm serious what groundbreaking content and sound took over the industry after Yeezus? It's been almost nothing but trap beats with a few different artists using different stuff (K. Dot, Cole on the main stream). He wasn't rapping about **** on Yeezus sans being God and other self absorbed stuff like he usually does.

Real Friends is the only track I like thus far

I bet he wishes he had some real friends right about now.

goddamn seriously. i just read the recent tweets. the tweets are so pretentious you wonder if its all a joke...some massive troll move. i mean dude is tweeting his feels away, and i feel like rhymefest is right. all he has is yesmen and stans, who cliffhang off his nuts and will never say no, or slap, or talk some sense into him (i say this cuz he still ranting about nonsense so clearly no1 is telling him to stop). and kim is the biggest one. but she's a world class tool, and is gonna stand by him no matter what. and since she isn't an entertainer or performer in any way, except existing, kanye won't take her seriously if she ever did speak up.

dude says he wants to run Hermes. dude has been going on about how he's a godsend to life, and his music is the best, and that any criticism is ******** and/or rooted in racism.. like get over yourself. dude acts like he's an intellectual who can significantly contribute to social and political issues that face us today. he wants to help create school curriculums...like cmon a yeezy certified education wouldn't even get you a GED. talkin bout he needs big time investment from sillicon valley elite, all mad that some engage in philanthropy in africa. you rich as hell, why complain about africa ?

at this point ye trolling harder than shkreli. at least shkreli entertaining with that goon video trying to clap at clan.

i sorta hope my fav rappers keep some distance from dude, he seems like a real problem.

tidal is booty. never tried it, don't need to. at 20 cash a month the general public is not gonna see that as a great investment when comcast and time warner charge tuition for basic internet service, and spotify is free on desktop version. and the avg listener isn't gonna experience next level sound quality with a pair of beats headphones, and an iphone. and what, they expect people to stream higher bandwidth music on a phone? :smh: tmobile is boomin cuz cell phone service is expensive, big data plans don't grow on trees tf. besides, i know how to internet, ill get my music one way or another.

tidal will fail eventually imo. could be wrong, idk. but kanye a certified lame for pushing that tidal nonsense harder than jehova's witness on a sat morning. no1 got time for that. either make music for people to enjoy or go sit down somewhere. but nah dude struggling to release a full album, and now he has to patch it like a video game, word to reddit.

:lol: :smh: talkin about he's gonna win 100 grammys before he dies. man focus on the music. good music. nas never won a grammy.

and yet nas won.

Last edited:
Anyone using TIDAL for the first time don't use the HIFI get the regular 9.99 and rock out.. If you get charged before 30 days hit up apple they will ALWAYS give  you a refund.. If you sign up just for Yeezy... Watch Money & Violence and thank me later 
laugh.gif

First Kanye album that probably won't sonically change the landscape of hip hop / pop music. Every one of his previous albums had a huge impact on the sound and content of music, this one isn't really breaking any new ground. It's a good album, but I think we can all say he peaked with MBDTF, w/ Yeezus being a radical sound that was polarizing. This is the first time I've not been blown away by a Kanye album. 
Agree with all of this!

However, I still feel it shows growth within Kanye's own music. I feel the beats and synths are a nod back to his soulful roots, in a much more complex evolved way. The beats show more depth and skill, and incorporate different artists using different talents. What I appreciate this album for, is how good the totality of it is. 

Came into it with lowered expectations and somehow I'm still 
mean.gif
 at how it's pretty much all going into the Recycle Bin

He's always good some catchy songs but I didn't hear much if any 

My opinion has changed from my first listen it's a solid 7 in my book. There are some really beautiful songs on here. Two are top 10 Ye songs imo. Some songs are forgettable. Fade is trash. So is freestyle 4.

I know Ye has one more classic left in him. I just know it.

30 Hours is the song that makes me want to play the album over and over.

Gotta say...not a religious guy, by any stretch, so all the gospel **** is a miss to me. Like..I have a hard time listening to it.

I think dude is keeping it TIdal exclusive becuase he said in an older tweet he said Tidal is funding some of his creative ideas.
So Jay is scratching his back and vice versa ( i know he own a portion too, but J is majority owner and the optics of Tidal's success ultimately fall back on him)

Last edited:
goddamn seriously. i just read the recent tweets. the tweets are so pretentious you wonder if its all a joke...some massive troll move. i mean dude is tweeting his feels away, and i feel like rhymefest is right. all he has is yesmen and stans, who cliffhang off his nuts and will never say no, or slap, or talk some sense into him (i say this cuz he still ranting about nonsense so clearly no1 is telling him to stop). and kim is the biggest one. but she's a world class tool, and is gonna stand by him no matter what. and since she isn't an entertainer or performer in any way, except existing, kanye won't take her seriously if she ever did speak up.

dude says he wants to run Hermes. dude has been going on about how he's a godsend to life, and his music is the best, and that any criticism is ******** and/or rooted in racism.. like get over yourself. dude acts like he's an intellectual who can significantly contribute to social and political issues that face us today. he wants to help create school curriculums...like cmon a yeezy certified education wouldn't even get you a GED. talkin bout he needs big time investment from sillicon valley elite, all mad that some engage in philanthropy in africa. you rich as hell, why complain about africa ?

at this point ye trolling harder than shkreli. at least shkreli entertaining with that goon video trying to clap at clan.

i sorta hope my fav rappers keep some distance from dude, he seems like a real problem.

tidal is booty. never tried it, don't need to. at 20 cash a month the general public is not gonna see that as a great investment when comcast and time warner charge tuition for basic internet service, and spotify is free on desktop version. and the avg listener isn't gonna experience next level sound quality with a pair of beats headphones, and an iphone. and what, they expect people to stream higher bandwidth music on a phone? :smh: tmobile is boomin cuz cell phone service is expensive, big data plans don't grow on trees tf. besides, i know how to internet, ill get my music one way or another.

tidal will fail eventually imo. could be wrong, idk. but kanye a certified lame for pushing that tidal nonsense harder than jehova's witness on a sat morning. no1 got time for that. either make music for people to enjoy or go sit down somewhere. but nah dude struggling to release a full album, and now he has to patch it like a video game, word to reddit.

:lol: :smh: talkin about he's gonna win 100 grammys before he dies. man focus on the music. good music. nas never won a grammy.

and yet nas won.

Hasnt used tidal but criticizes it. Seems legit.

I think dude is keeping it TIdal exclusive becuase he said in an older tweet he said Tidal is funding some of his creative ideas.
So Jay is scratching his back and vice versa ( i know he own a portion too, but J is majority owner and the optics of Tidal's success ultimately fall back on him)

It forsure has to do with Jay cutting a fat check and with him being co-owner

I give TLOP 7.5/10 but Im drunk rite now and this shiiii is 15/10. Next time you bump it ( not in whip) grab some sips. you will know what im talkin bout

Back
Top Bottom