OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Whens the last time Quik has been relevant [emoji]128580[/emoji]

https://tunelinks.com/a/1668/Rosecrans__EP_

Came out yesterday

street gospel and smell my finger are my joints...as I get older I appreciate old west coast music more and more they were actually talking about real life ****\

I be at work and in my car jammin to free especially the following

Last edited:
Never understood the need to even discuss "relevancy". He's got an opinion and that's cool cause everybody has one. Moving on

Never understood the need to even discuss "relevancy". He's got an opinion and that's cool cause everybody has one. Moving on
"relevancy" can be relevant when people say "See! You know it's true because _____ said it!"

Well, who the hell is _____?

Last edited:
**** being relevant in Quik's case he musically shouldn't be criticizing anybody considering he musically hasn't been good in years... say what you want about TLOP but that rosecrans project ain't exactly firing up the streets :lol:

"relevancy" can be relevant when people say "See! You know it's true because _____ said it!"

But since there's no one person who has the say so on whether an album is good or not. So Quik saying it sucks ain't gon make it suck.

Kanye ain't put out a good project in years either. :lol: Y'all dudes get so bent outta shape when somebody doesn't praise Kanye.

Quik is one of the best producers/rappers ever. One of the West pioneers. He can have his opinion. :lol:

But since there's no one person who has the say so on whether an album is good or not. So Quik saying it sucks ain't gon make it suck.
I see what you're saying about "relevance" specifically, I think you're taking the definition of that word too literally.

For example, if someone says "kanye sucks, because DJ Quik said so. Quik made a great album in 1996 so he's an expert on what is and isn't good music" then whether or not DJ Quik is still relevant would be part of the discussion on if his opinion should hold more weight than another person's.

It's kind of how legends like Oscar Robertson say "Steph Curry isn't good." Well Oscar played in an era where people dribbled with one hand. So while he has an opinion, just like the rest of us, whether or not it's informed should be taken into consideration.

Another example: Bill Wennington said the 95-96 Bulls would wash the 2015-16 Warriors. Who the hell is Bill Wennington to talk? But if Michael said it... 

Switching topics, I honestly think if Sean puts an album out with "r&b" sampled songs, such as "Play No Games", he will skyrocket to the top

Back
Top Bottom