OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

This album is 30% Yeezus, 30% 808
The rest a combination off the rest his albums

I love it.

IMO if I had listened to the album with the expectation that it was a rap/hip hop album I wouldn't like it so much. Thankfully I didn't. The production on the album is fluid from track to track. I do prefer the version of Wolves w/ Sia and Vic BUT the fact that Ye was able to get Frank Ocean on the track speaks volumes considering he's gone MIA since Channel Orange. The samples used are dope, especially the use of Bam Bam by Sister Nancy on Famous

Could the album have been better? Absolutely, there's a bunch of **** I would've done differently but you can see the direction he was going with the album. Ideally he would've just dropped a 16 track banger with Kendrick and Jay with Madlib and Qtip producing every little bit of it.

laugh.gif

IMO if I had listened to the album with the expectation that it was a rap/hip hop album I wouldn't like it so much. Thankfully I didn't. The production on the album is fluid from track to track. I do prefer the version of Wolves w/ Sia and Vic BUT the fact that Ye was able to get Frank Ocean on the track speaks volumes considering he's gone MIA since Channel Orange. The samples used are dope, especially the use of Bam Bam by Sister Nancy on Famous

Could the album have been better? Absolutely, there's a bunch of **** I would've done differently but you can see the direction he was going with the album. Ideally he would've just dropped a 16 track banger with Kendrick and Jay with Madlib and Qtip producing every little bit of it.

I feel you especially on that last part.

People don't realize that Kanye got unlimited resources. If he wants the top artists and drop anthems/bangers from song 1 to 12 and make a conventional hiphip album classic. He can do this no problem.

It's harder to be original in hip-hop. Bringing the Gospel to the album was incredible. That just brings the Jesus walks / spiritual Kanye full circle from the first album

Omg... If you guys have the time, search The Life Of Pablo on iTunes and preview the first song :smh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AN ULTRALIGHT BEAM AINT WHAT IT SEAMS 

:rofl:

"A surprise for you on Valentine's Day! Here is my new album, The Life of Pablo.
I put my blood sweat and tears into this - it took me nearly half an hour to record it.
I think it is the greatest album of all time!"

Crine!

*And this album has the best version of Wolves yet.

Last edited:
Listened to it all the way through to Wolves from work to the way home and :x ... This **** is flames. Take away freestyle 4, facts, the skits and this album is :smokin ... I take back some of what I said. I'm feeling this.

I feel you especially on that last part.

People don't realize that Kanye got unlimited resources. If he wants the top artists and drop anthems/bangers from song 1 to 12 and make a conventional hiphip album classic. He can do this no problem.

It's harder to be original in hip-hop. Bringing the Gospel to the album was incredible. That just brings the Jesus walks / spiritual Kanye full circle from the first album

That all sounds good but the problem is this album is not good. It sounds like some of y'all are judging this as a instrumental album. Kanye does experiment with different sounds, he's not just making normal hip hop, he's an icon, a God or whatever :lol: but at the end of day he's still a rapper and as a rapper he's terrible on this album outside of 3 or 4 songs. There's no way you can excuse bad lyrics. The beats are good but there's no cohesion on here, some of the features don't mix and he's just saying random **** on here.

It's the same thing Wayne been doing but for whatever reason it's ok for Kanye to be a bad rapper for 2 albums. :lol:

i expected better from the so-called album of life.... 

kanye's petty *** raps ruin 80% of the album... it'd be one of my favorites with just the samples, features, and hooks 

so many fire hooks and samples 

felt like I was at a restaurant enjoying the free chips and salsa more than the **** I ordered 

You know the "bam bam be bamm" part? Anyone else wanna slap Swizz out of that part? His constant OH YEAHHHHS ruins it for me.

Not gonna lie, the album def grew on me. Take off famous, feedback, highlights, freestyle 4, and facts, and you got a pretty solid album. Life music, I like it.

And dudes saying kanye's lyrics are trash so the album is bad, I mean yall never ****** with a Gangstarr album? Or pretty much anything Wiz has ever put out? Or N.E.R.D.? Or half of these new artists putting out music today? There's a select group of dudes I expect to be nice with the lyrics nowadays and Kanye is not one of them. As long as he doesn't ruin the track with some cringeworthy **** I'll let it ride though because the sounds are on point.

kanye's petty *** raps ruin 80% of the album... it'd be one of my favorites with just the samples, features, and hooks 

so many fire hooks and samples 

felt like I was at a restaurant enjoying the free chips and salsa more than the **** I ordered 

:lol: I can feel that tho...I almost completely tune out what he's say during some songs. I think most of it is listenable regardless tho, and some tracks like ultralight beam, stretch your hands pt. 1 and no more parties are getting put on his all time playlist

Y'all ****** pick and choose when lyrics are important :lol:.

Ye can say only his name on every bar....and dudes will be in here talking about...OMG the production. He's a genius. The mood of the song. The structure. So innovative blah blah blah. Then go on to stay the state of hip hop is in terrible shape cuz dudes have terrible lyrics and rely on good production :lol:.

Lyrics matter somewhat in hip hop. And they should with Kanye. There was a time when his lyrics made sense and were about something...rather than saying blurting out random lines.

Last edited:
Y'all ****** pick and choose when lyrics are important
laugh.gif

Ye can say only his name on every bar....and dudes will be in here talking about...OMG the production. He's a genius. The mood of the song. The structure. So innovative blah blah blah. Then go on to stay the state of hip hop is in terrible shape cuz dudes have terrible lyrics and rely on good production
laugh.gif

Lyrics matter somewhat in hip hop. And they should with Kanye. There was a time when his lyrics made sense and were about something...rather than saying blurting out random lines.
but but but but he's over his writer's block though.

Not gonna lie, the album def grew on me. Take off famous, feedback, highlights, freestyle 4, and facts, and you got a pretty solid album. Life music, I like it.

And dudes saying kanye's lyrics are trash so the album is bad, I mean yall never ****** with a Gangstarr album? Or pretty much anything Wiz has ever put out? Or N.E.R.D.? Or half of these new artists putting out music today? There's a select group of dudes I expect to be nice with the lyrics nowadays and Kanye is not one of them. As long as he doesn't ruin the track with some cringeworthy **** I'll let it ride though because the sounds are on point.

I don't expect Kanye to sound Pusha T but I do expect him to sound how he normally does. The dude is now trash as far as rapping. Call it what it is. Like I said dudes are judging this as a instrumental album. Dudes are saying "Well lyrics aside it's a great album "Kanye is not nice but the sounds are on point". What? :lol:

For the last 3 years Kanye has basically been older Travis Scott. Kanye is one of my favorite artist ever but I can't excuse this ****. :lol:

Last edited:
He did mix in a lot of random bars when he would be in the middle of a certain subject. Lyrics are on par with the first 3 or MBDTF, but he has SOME bars in here. Overall, the delivery and production and NEWNESS of the sound is enough to make up for that. This album doesn't sound like anything else out, which is why Ye has won and will continue to win.

Maybe I just like hearing about his matted porsche taking 3 weeks to get done and then his assistant scratching it while backing out the driveway whcih he even tweeted himself, with pictures. 
laugh.gif

It's fairly well known that Jay is mute when it comes to his people. He just want that check.

https://www.shawncartersf.com/scholarship-fund/

The Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education. By removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet underserved youth and young adults. The SCSF provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation. The grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living. All Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.

We need to kill the idea that originality translates to quality

It does maybe it's not an instant impact, sometimes it's an instant homerun

Through Kanyes ORIGINALITY since 2003 it's created rap careers, saved careers , made it okay for the #1 rapper to actually not have gun/coke etc bars (see the most popular rappers today:Cole,Drake,Kendrick). So what originality influenced Kanye? Dudes like Common , De la , Tribe. Through their originality

808s changed the game, but what originality might've influenced it? Maybe The love below. You might not have liked it but it could've sparked ideas that brought us the quality of 808s

I don't expect Kanye to sound Pusha T but I do expect him to sound how he normally does. The dude is now trash as far as rapping. Call it what it is. Like I said dudes are judging this as a instrumental album. Dudes are saying "Well lyrics aside it's a great album "Kanye is not nice but the sounds are on point". What? :lol:

For the last 3 years Kanye has basically been older Travis Scott. Kanye is one of my favorite artist ever but I can't excuse this ****. :lol:

I mean if yall hate the lyrics so much that it ruins the album for you, that's your opinion and its cool. In the same way, some people hear the lyrics and either arent bothered or don't give a **** because they love the music.

Pusha T is my dude and hes definitely way more of a rapper's rapper than Kanye at this point, but I definitely haven't listened to darkest before dawn since it dropped. Lyrics alone don't make a dope album to me, its just a part of the whole.

I'm sure every member of slaughterhouse will kill Kanye lyrically but all their group albums are frisbees.

And going back to my previous point, them slaughterhouse dudes would definitely kill Guru on the mic, but Moment of Truth will still crush any group album they've ever put out.

I'm not saying I wouldn't prefer Kanye got back on his lyrics but some people still mess with the theme and the sound of the album despite the lyrics. And some of yall just hate the lyrics so much that you gotta hate on everybody else for not hating it too, which is pointless because it's all subjective at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom