OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Vincent Kennedy McMahon called his son Shane a "son of a *****" last week
****** know who Vince Mcmahon is. You aint had to drop the Kennedy in there.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Obviously plenty of rappers refer to women as ******* and lots of men do the same in real life. Some of the dumbest of these dudes might even refer to their girlfriend as "my *****."

I honestly can't think of one instance,however, where someone, rapper or otherwise, referred to their wife as a ***** outside of an emotional spousal altercation or its immediate aftermath. I'm sure it happens but it's certainly not typical. And this dude Kanye is doing it? For what purpose? Seriously, where is this dude's mind at? I'm not one to get too uptight about vulgarity but this man is showing complete disrespect to his own wife bro.

SMH

Watch the Throne has a song called that's my *****. So you're a little late to the fake outrage party.

Obviously plenty of rappers refer to women as ******* and lots of men do the same in real life. Some of the dumbest of these dudes might even refer to their girlfriend as "my *****."

I honestly can't think of one instance,however, where someone, rapper or otherwise, referred to their wife as a ***** outside of an emotional spousal altercation or its immediate aftermath. I'm sure it happens but it's certainly not typical. And this dude Kanye is doing it? For what purpose? Seriously, where is this dude's mind at? I'm not one to get too uptight about vulgarity but this man is showing complete disrespect to his own wife bro.

SMH

Watch the Throne has a song called that's my *****. So you're a little late to the fake outrage party.

Fake outrage party? I said that I find the line, among a number of others, distasteful and that I can't ever recall hearing a married man casually call his wife a *****. Outside of Otis, Primetime, and The Joy, I haven't listened to Watch the Throne probably since the week it came out, but your "rebuttal" to my point is to basically tell me, "No, it's really OK and actually super common because Kanye did it on this one song before"? OK bro :lol:

If overgrown, 40 year old men calling their wives ******* is what's hot to you, by all means, do you. It just ain't for me...

I agree wholeheartedly, but with that said, fine, don't make anymore CDs. At least make the music accessible for the people who want to buy it without having to stream from some janky streaming service. And if Ye can't do that then the flood gates will be open for bootleggery, which is fine by me. I would rather support an artist, but if they are going to try to push another agenda (streaming through Tidal) then have at it, I will still get the music regardless with or without giving up my monies.

This pretty much sums it up for me. I haven't tried any of the streaming services because I pretty much just buy the music I want and leave it at that. Paying "x" amount of dollars each month to have access to unlimited music just isn't for me, I'd rather allocate that $15 or so to purchase music I know I want as opposed to listening or sampling new artists or genres with the streaming service. But even if I were to go streaming, the lack of content across all platforms is what would most likely make me not pay a dime after the initial trial. Apple music would probably be my go to, but if I want to listen to Kanye from now on then I gotta pay extra for Tidal? I don't know what his angle is with his actions lately but I hope he releases his music to other providers such as Apple and Spotify in the near future, because I do like supporting the artists (just not in the sense of leasing the music), especially when that is the only option available.

Last edited:
Fake outrage party? I said that I find the line, among a number of others, distasteful and that I can't ever recall hearing a married man casually call his wife a *****. Outside of Otis, Primetime, and The Joy, I haven't listened to Watch the Throne probably since the week it came out, but your "rebuttal" to my point is to basically tell me, "No, it's really OK and actually super common because Kanye did it on this one song before"? OK bro :lol:

If overgrown, 40 year old men calling their wives ******* is what's hot to you, by all means, do you. It just ain't for me...

No my rebuttal was to let you know that a married man (Hov) already did it. Maybe you should play that song and understand what "context" is.

Nobody said it's hot or anything. Or whether I agree, I think it's funny you aren't in Yo Gottis thread talking about snap chat me that ***** is distasteful. Or do we need to grab J Cole or Kendrick distasteful bars up too?

If you're looking for consistent "tasteful" bars from Kanye after 2007 you picked the wrong rapper to follow

I wouldnt call mine one but why does it matter? Dudes been calling they women *****es since forever. Ain't nothing new about it

No my rebuttal was to let you know that a married man (Hov) already did it. Maybe you should play that song and understand what "context" is.

Nobody said it's hot or anything. Or whether I agree, I think it's funny you aren't in Yo Gottis thread talking about snap chat me that ***** is distasteful. Or do we need to grab J Cole or Kendrick distasteful bars up too?

If you're looking for consistent "tasteful" bars from Kanye after 2007 you picked the wrong rapper to follow

I just re-listened to That's My ***** and both Jay and Kanye seem to be talking in general, impersonal terms on there. Obviously, given their relationships, though, it could be reasonably deduced that they were, indeed, talking about Kim and Beyonce, which I think is distasteful. You came up with this one debatable example from the same rapper and his close collaborator but painted the issue as a "problem with men in general." OK. At any rate, I don't like the song, I don't like Watch the Throne, and I haven't liked Jay-Z since The Black Album. So it's really beside the point here.

As far as other rappers' content, I'm not really sure what you're referencing. I haven't even posted on here for more than a year. The Kanye album just came out and is a topic of discussion that I chose to comment on. I'm not sure what that has to do with a Yo Gotti song I've never even heard.

Everyone has different things they find objectionable and for different reasons. I find a number of Kanye's lines on this album personally distasteful. You're taking issue with me finding something personally offensive by basically saying, "B-b-b-but other people do it too!" :lol:

Put the cape away fam.

I just re-listened to That's My ***** and both Jay and Kanye seem to be talking in general, impersonal terms on there. Obviously, given their relationships, though, it could be reasonably deduced that they were, indeed, talking about Kim and Beyonce, which I think is distasteful. You came up with this one debatable example from the same rapper and his close collaborator but painted the issue as a "problem with men in general." OK. At any rate, I don't like the song, I don't like Watch the Throne, and I haven't liked Jay-Z since The Black Album. So it's really beside the point here.

As far as other rappers' content, I'm not really sure what you're referencing. I haven't even posted on here for more than a year. The Kanye album just came out and is a topic of discussion that I chose to comment on. I'm not sure what that has to do with a Yo Gotti song I've never even heard.

Everyone has different things they find objectionable and for different reasons. I find a number of Kanye's lines on this album personally distasteful. You're taking issue with me finding something personally offensive by basically saying, "B-b-b-but other people do it too!" :lol:

Put the cape away fam.

There is no cap for Kanye, but there are people who are blind to what others do or let artist get away with things and attack kanye for what he does

Basically he is saying that you're calling out Kanye for practices done by every married rapper from Snoop to Ice Cube to T.I. , 2 Chainz to the even more recent rappers J Cole and Kendrick Lamar... all 8 rappers are married and all 8 use the word B++++ in the form of talking about their own and other women. Its crazy because you calling out distasteful lyrics like 90% of rap is not distasteful and misogynistic... thats laughable unless all you listen to is Lecrae... in that case i understand lol

Last edited:

Put the cape away fam.

There is no cap for Kanye, but there are people who are blind to what others do or let artist get away with things and attack kanye for what he does

Basically he is saying that you're calling out Kanye for practices done by every married rapper from Snoop to Ice Cube to T.I. , 2 Chainz to the even more recent rappers J Cole and Kendrick Lamar... all 8 rappers are married and all 8 use the word B++++ in the form of talking about their own and other women. Its crazy because you calling out distasteful lyrics like 90% of rap is not distasteful and misogynistic... thats laughable unless all you listen to is Lecrae... in that case i understand lol

1. Fam, this is the Kanye thread. I don't know what all these other rappers are and are not saying in all of their songs. If I heard any of them call their wife a *****, I would find that distasteful. Matter of fact, please feel free to identify all the songs where married rappers unequivocally refer to their wives as ******* and I will tell you that I find their doing so in extremely poor taste, as well.

2. As I stated above, people find different things distasteful for different reasons. I don't know how much more clear this reality can be communicated. It's not like you have to make a choice in life between finding everything offensive or nothing offensive. I don't understand how this is so hard to grasp...

any updates on the hoodies and ts from the theater viewing of yeezy season 3?

i want to know too

They estimated 4-6 weeks for shipping them to us.

Coming up on week 4, and still no download link for the digital album. |I

received my shirt two weeks ago...

what [emoji]9785[/emoji]️[emoji]9785[/emoji]️[emoji]9785[/emoji]️

You in houston? I'm in Austin and still nothing. :frown: :smh:

Which courier delivered your stuff?

Lowlights/Highlights grew on me heavy. Too early to tell but this could be a top 10 Kanye track for me. 

-If he combined Lowlights and Highlights into one single song. Lowlights as the intro, leading and building up to Highlights. 

-The chords are beautiful. Wish he made them a bit more musical and bold in the song. Starts off sad and sweet, then builds into something bright and happy. 

This dudes piano rendition really brings out the beauty in the song structure/chords:

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 5m5 minutes ago

excited to see my family and finish the final mixes of the Life of Pablo and keep working on Turbo Grafx 16 and Season 4 ….

any updates on the hoodies and ts from the theater viewing of yeezy season 3?

i want to know too

They estimated 4-6 weeks for shipping them to us.

Coming up on week 4, and still no download link for the digital album. |I

received my shirt two weeks ago...

what [emoji]9785[/emoji]️[emoji]9785[/emoji]️[emoji]9785[/emoji]️

You in houston? I'm in Austin and still nothing. :frown: :smh:

Which courier delivered your stuff?

LA, FedEx

It's been almost a month. We ever getting a final version of the album?

Ain't no final version ***. This is it.

Yeah that ship sailed long time ago lol. Especially since he's not selling it anywhere.

KANYE WEST ‏@kanyewest 5m5 minutes ago

excited to see my family and finish the final mixes of the Life of Pablo and keep working on Turbo Grafx 16 and Season 4 ….

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom