OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Kanye is struggle rapping this whole album. He forgot how to flow. The album has too many tracks and I don’t understand the numerous collabs. Yes I know he’s worked with multiple collaborators on his past albums, but this feels OD. Album feels like he’s trying hard to make a classic and it wasn’t happening naturally.

I could see this, but I’d let Ye tell it.

he’s the Quincy Jones of this shh, the collabs don’t really bother me, some are for sure throw always tho cough/Pop,WeekndLilBaby/cough

Same formula for the past few releases. The bigger the spectacle before the album releases, the weaker the album is going to be.

Some of the songs sound okay, but outside of a few of the guest appearances nothing on here does much for me. Back to Kings Disease 2 before CLB drops.

This album is dope, I think Kanye did a great job. The length is a problem for me but it’s not filler, I just have to digest it in segments. As for Drake, Views was the last album of his I liked, but it seems like most people think it was overly pop/commercial.

Also, I wouldn’t bite on the merch. The “engineered by balenciaga” is bait, it’s still manufactured by LA apparel or worse gilden.

Greatest album of all time

1630509627256.gif

You guys judge albums based on random things.

"he has too many collabs".. It's not about that. It's about what he can make the audience feel. He's the architect. Sometimes he needs an electrician, a painter, to get the vision right. Different artists bring something different to a song. On a basic level they have different voices. It's the same as having different instruments in a beat. You guys have a dated perspective on music. It's about serving the piece, not glorifying the artist as being the only person on a song.

There will never be an album like this.

You guys judge albums based on random things.

"he has too many collabs".. It's not about that. It's about what he can make the audience feel. He's the architect. Sometimes he needs an electrician, a painter, to get the vision right. Different artists bring something different to a song. On a basic level they have different voices. It's the same as having different instruments in a beat. You guys have a dated perspective on music. It's about serving the piece, not glorifying the artist as being the only person on a song.

There will never be an album like this.

This guy gets it

Kanye is struggle rapping this whole album. He forgot how to flow.

You guys will say this then say Big Pun has one of the best flows. "I literally didn't do diddly in Italy" bro come on. That's a vacation review.

Kanye flowed the way he need to flow on each song. That's it. You're judging the flow as if it's an isolated thing. It's part of the composition of the entire song.

You guys will say this then say Big Pun has one of the best flows. "I literally didn't do diddly in Italy" bro come on. That's a vacation review.

Kanye flowed the way he need to flow on each song. That's it. You're judging the flow as if it's an isolated thing. It's part of the composition of the entire song.
I praise just about everything on this album, but Ye as a rapper is sub-standard. Average at best. His flow ain't tight. If he cant fit all the syllables in the beat, he should try to figure out a different way to say what hes saying. But he doesnt. And I'm okay with it. Cuz Ye is beyond rap/rapping for me.

Back
Top Bottom