OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

So what time do the Bruce Lees drop online? What sites will they be available on? Are these going to be more limited than the DKs?

Originally Posted by changstae

ahh!! so should i cop DKs for 2 bills? cant find it for cheaper anywhere else..

Definitely wait. At least until the 20th.

Nike absolutely might have just done the early drop to build up expectations and then make it a GR once heads get talking. I'd say that's what's happening so far. It makes a lot of business sense to release these later this month. I know if it doesn't come out you still might have to drop 2 bills, but it's worth waiting for a few weeks to see if you could cop them for retail

180 on sneakerhead really isn't bad...I paid almost 170 for mine...retail+tax+shipping+tip.

It might be a wise choice to wait till the 20th, but if for some reason they don't drop on the 20th resell prices WILL go up.

Gamble you gotta take either way you go....

neverwearthem: haha man im stuck on that checkout screen with the tax right now...2 bills is steep. ZombieJesus spoke some truth. i might as well wait tili the 20th and try to save 50 bucks. can always cop for 2 bills later?

If the DKs are releasing again, why would anyone buy for over retail now?
So there is a high possibility the DKs are not being re-released?

Originally Posted by s dubl

180 on sneakerhead really isn't bad...I paid almost 170 for mine...retail+tax+shipping+tip.

It might be a wise choice to wait till the 20th, but if for some reason they don't drop on the 20th resell prices WILL go up.

Gamble you gotta take either way you go....

Yep

Originally Posted by traderchas

Originally Posted by marley

The fact that sneakerhead just got the DKs is kind of another clue to a Feb 20th release. They typically get stuff early, not late so I would say this is an early batch of the Feb 20th lot. Just my opinion.
Actually not entirely true....Kobe IV 4 rings hit sneakerhead few days after release
I still highly doubt DK will re-release on the 20th

it does not hurt to wait. the price will not go extremely more high than that 197 price tag on sneakerhead...

I really like those Kobe Pants that match the Bruce Lee's are they available on eastbay or nikestore? Champs..Footlockers..and Footactions never get Kobe clothes in NY state
frown.gif

I played in my DKs last night for the first time.  I had been regularly wearing the POP 4s and LBJ 6s for the past few months, but decided to take the plunge. My game is nowhere near impressive, explosive, or dominating, but I actually had a few moments last night. 
grin.gif
  Don't know that the shoes were entirely to thank, but they certainly felt good.  Here are a few initial impressions.

1.  I think they improved the cut in the ankle area, as the 5s dont dig when fully laced into any ankle area(bone) like the 4s tended to do for me.  Maybe I am isolated in that happening, but another buddy mentioned this to me as well about his.

2.  They feel more secure and "locked down" in the entire rearfoot, and actually more stable as I think some have alluded to.  The main difference to me from the 4s is, in addition to feeling "lower" due to the zoom, they feel more connected to your feet.  The shoe feels like an extension of your foot, versus, a shroud or covering that is protecting your foot.  The 4 did a good job of lowering the profile of everything, but I think the 5 has nearly perfected what the 4 set out to do.

3.  I was skeptical about the lacing/laces- thinner than the 4s and sorta short, but they actually worked fine and stayed in place throughout the entire evening of pick-up. 

Just a few points.  I look forward to wearing them again, and seeing if they continue to impress as much as the intitial outing.  Am curious if those who wear 4s are moving onto the 5s now for good and back and forth?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by traderchas

Originally Posted by marley

The fact that sneakerhead just got the DKs is kind of another clue to a Feb 20th release. They typically get stuff early, not late so I would say this is an early batch of the Feb 20th lot. Just my opinion.
Actually not entirely true....Kobe IV 4 rings hit sneakerhead few days after release
I still highly doubt DK will re-release on the 20th

it does not hurt to wait. the price will not go extremely more high than that 197 price tag on sneakerhead...

smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
I emailed them asking if they were going to get the dk's last month. Now I don't have the funds.
frown.gif

will try for the ASG on eastbay but won't be disappointed if I miss out, will just get the aways that I still need, couldn't care less about the BL, they are horrible IMO

^^^ Yup definitely feels like it's more secure in the ankle.  Broke in my Chaos V a couple of months ago and it only took a day for my feet to get adjusted to how the shoe feels.  Been switching back and forth with IV and V and the weight difference is actually noticeable, at least for me.

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

I played in my DKs last night for the first time.  I had been regularly wearing the POP 4s and LBJ 6s for the past few months, but decided to take the plunge. My game is nowhere near impressive, explosive, or dominating, but I actually had a few moments last night. 
grin.gif
  Don't know that the shoes were entirely to thank, but they certainly felt good.  Here are a few initial impressions.

1.  I think they improved the cut in the ankle area, as the 5s dont dig when fully laced into any ankle area(bone) like the 4s tended to do for me.  Maybe I am isolated in that happening, but another buddy mentioned this to me as well about his.

2.  They feel more secure and "locked down" in the entire rearfoot, and actually more stable as I think some have alluded to.  The main difference to me from the 4s is, in addition to feeling "lower" due to the zoom, they feel more connected to your feet.  The shoe feels like an extension of your foot, versus, a shroud or covering that is protecting your foot.  The 4 did a good job of lowering the profile of everything, but I think the 5 has nearly perfected what the 4 set out to do.

3.  I was skeptical about the lacing/laces- thinner than the 4s and sorta short, but they actually worked fine and stayed in place throughout the entire evening of pick-up. 

Just a few points.  I look forward to wearing them again, and seeing if they continue to impress as much as the intitial outing.  Am curious if those who wear 4s are moving onto the 5s now for good and back and forth?
Thanks for your well articulated observations, I couldn't agree more.
Even though the V's are lower, my ankle feels much more stable.  I found the IV's to dig into my ankle bone as well, which had the complete opposite effect of a low cut shoe (more range of motion).
I love my V's! Thinking of going through the hassle (I live in Canada) of ordering some id's

Originally Posted by Bogger

Is here someone who would sell me the Bruce Lee in US 11 or 11.5?
Please PN!

not a good start for you on your first post.....set up something in your signature. 

^ i asked myself the same but the black on the iD's is pretty underwhelming. going for the blackout GR's(?) for sure.

Originally Posted by jmizzo

Originally Posted by Bogger

Is here someone who would sell me the Bruce Lee in US 11 or 11.5?
Please PN!

not a good start for you on your first post.....set up something in your signature. 

what's wrong with disregarding the rules, not introducing yourself and mispelling?......that personifies NT.....
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom