OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

Originally Posted by never wear them

The last pic is fire. A must cop now.
Purple heel cup FTW! 
laugh.gif
 The only thing holding me back on those is the triangle pattern.

took the words right out of my mouth...i like the material as stated before, sorta like the aways but purple heel cup looks a lot better...not so sure on the diamond pattern, one of those gotta see it in person deals.

Just picked up a pair of Homes @ Foot Action... I wasn't able to use the March Madness discount coupon but the Manager there was nice enough to use one of their own Key Code to match the $30 off. Now just gotta find some yellow laces... and bite off GZA
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

More from the other forum. Those PURPLE ones are supposedly released in November 2010 and those white/yellow ones I posted earlier are October 2010. Credit for the pics are to airkb8 obviously.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
purples will def be copped
POPs will be copped during the EA

Went to almost all the footlocker here in socal area and they are sold out of size 10 in the away and v-day colors.  People snatched all of them up during the EA.

Originally Posted by buffguy

Went to almost all the footlocker here in socal area and they are sold out of size 10 in the away and v-day colors.  People snatched all of them up during the EA.
try Footaction, just got back from there with a sz 11.5, with the $30 off from FL

Originally Posted by prayformojo

Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

I really don't think you're giving the shoe a fair chance. I had a similar problem at first but once broken in after 4 wearings it's a TOTALLY different shoe IMO. You can't just give up on a shoe after one wearing. What makes you think you can return a used pair of shoes? That's not fair to the retailer.

I said it before to no reply. Probably because I have a low post count. But y'all done bought all the Kobe's! Smh

Originally Posted by iUsedToLoveHER

try Footaction, just got back from there with a sz 11.5, with the $30 off from FL

Thanks. I might try that tomorrow. Hopefully the home aren't excluded

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

I really don't think you're giving the shoe a fair chance. I had a similar problem at first but once broken in after 4 wearings it's a TOTALLY different shoe IMO. You can't just give up on a shoe after one wearing. What makes you think you can return a used pair of shoes? That's not fair to the retailer.
I agree with the analysis that you may want to wear these 3-5 times before ultimately determining they are not for you. I had some discomfort/foot fasciatis(sp?) issues with these the first wear or two,but the way that they felt in terms of "connectivity" to the basketball floor was undeniable. Much better than the 4s in my opinion, which I believe do run slightly wider through the arch as well as the whole shoe. I think the 5 is more locked down than the 4 when fully laced, but I also think that it results in it being more responsive and being able to navigate easier/tighter around the court.  Honestly, I know this may sound ridiculous, but I felt like my traction and ability to cut/start/stop was slightly improved in the 5- moreso than any other hoops shoe I have tried recently.  After the second wear or so, my feet felt far less pain or discomfort than the first time around, and now that they are "broken-in" I have no issues. I have played in the DKs, BLs, just for reference purposes.  The ASGs may be next. As for the returning to owner/retailer, thats entirely up to who you bought them from I suppose. I don't know about hoops shoes, but my wife runs, and the place she buys her running shoes will allow returns within a reasonable time period if in fact the shoe is causing pain/discomfort/not working for you.  Every place is different though with their policies.  Can't hurt to try can it?

Originally Posted by iUsedToLoveHER

The Homes aren't excluded, the coupon works.  
happy.gif

Originally Posted by haza12d

iUsedToLoveHER wrote:

buffguy wrote:

happy.gif

I told you!
I went to a FA and the guy tried the coupon and it wouldn't work! =(

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

eek.gif

exactly... actually i broke in the dark nights today. at first they felt bad but by the 2nd half i was
pimp.gif

play a few more games in them, then make the decision.

so im gonna straight up tell the truth, those last pics of the pop looked a lot better, but my thing is they just look to much like the aways n i think the aways r way better, ima try to get my first pair of aways this weekend, if cant copp then i guess pop

Originally Posted by GZA73

iUsedToLoveHER wrote:

buffguy wrote:

happy.gif

I told you!
I went to a FA and the guy tried the coupon and it wouldn't work! =(
For me, they just ask to see my FL coupon and VIP card, then they just entered there own FA code, and I walked outta there with my Aways 109.75 
happy.gif

I guess it depends what FA you go to, I asked if the Homes were excluded, the girl there said she didnt think so.

This weekend might be too late to get them Aways... They have very limited sizes as of today. I know the Foot Locker, Foot Action, and Shiekhs in the Glendale Galleria did not have a size 11 when I went there earlier this evening. I jumped on my 2nd pair of Aways when I found out my buddy works for Sport Chalet and he gets 25% off anything and everything.
happy.gif

^Which Foot Action did you go iUsedTo?

This weekend might be too late to get them Aways...
yae man i feel you on that one but dont get that check til friday so just gonna hav to wait it out
ohwell.gif

Just picked up a pair of Homes @ Foot Action... I wasn't able to use the March Madness discount coupon but the Manager there was nice enough to use one of their own Key Code to match the $30 off. Now just gotta find some yellow laces... and bite off GZA
happy.gif

I used the yellow Bruce Lee laces.

Back
Top Bottom