OFFICIAL07-08 CLIPPERS NEWS/DISCUSSION THREAD

Why didn't Brevin Knight log any minutes last game... the one where Cassell had 35 points?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Knight got injured by Ben Wallace in that Chicago game so he DNP'd vs Indy. He should be ready to go @ Detroit.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14/CAT5​
AL THORNTON FOR ROY
SC TROJANS
MAYO-GIBSON-JEFFERSON

Thanks mjshoefanatic :smile:
smile.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Quote:
Point guard Brevin Knight did not play because of a sore lower back and Corey Maggette aggravated a bruised tailbone on a drive to the rim but continued to play.

"Corey has a tailbone bruise I have to be concerned about," trainer Jasen Powell said. "With Cuttino, it will probably be a couple games or a week. Brevin and Ruben are probably day to day."
www.latimes.com/sports/ba...&track=rss

Knight was out due to a sore lower back... dude has had a ton of injuries here and there... don't think he's ever played a full 82 games.. probably will miss a few more games here and there throughout the rest of the season

Corey has a tailbone bruise... hopefully he can play tomorrow, though the quote from the trainer is somewhat concerning...

Quote:
"He's older than dirt, but he gets it done," Kaman said.
:lol:
laugh.gif
Kaman... why you gotta talk about Sam I Am like that? lol

If the Clipps play like this the entire season, I hope Brand stays out as long as possible.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong​
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

corey maggette has really been surprising me this year, finally living up to what i expected of him coming out of duke.

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

Maggette likely out for two to three weeks

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
2:30 PM PST, November 19, 2007
Corey Maggette, the Clippers' leading scorer, will probably be sidelined for two to three weeks while recovering from a strained right hamstring, the team learned today.

Maggette, who sat out Saturday's loss to the Chicago Bulls, sustained the injury in Friday's loss to the Golden State Warriors.

The forward is averaging 19.8 points and 7.5 rebounds per game this season and was already playing with a bruised tailbone.

The Clippers are also considering resting swingman Cuttino Mobley until his strained right groin heals. Mobley played the last two games despite his injury, but he is clearly hindered by it and said he is only at about 70%.

Two other injured players -- Quinton Ross (knee) and Al Thornton (sprained ankle) -- will be game-time decisions for Wednesday's game against the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center.

The injuries come at a time when the Clippers (5-4) gear for their toughest stretch of the young season. After playing the Nuggets, they close out the month against the Suns, Hornets, Rockets and Denver again.

jonathan.abrams@latimes.com

Tank for OJ Mayo, Derrick Rose or Eric Gordon in full effect mode.
sick.gif
tired.gif

oh my god.
Its gonna be really tough to watch this season. What thell did we do to the basketball gods?
smh.gif

Looks like Thornton will finally get his chance to earn that ROY recognition at least for the next 2-3 weeks.
ohwell.gif

Knight got injured by Ben Wallace in that Chicago game so he DNP'd vs Indy. He should be ready to go @ Detroit.

Damn, Ben Wallace is on a streak, he's also responsible for taking down Kwame for a month.

Team's leading scorer, who has missed 4 games because of a hamstring strain, has responded to therapy and appears on track to return sooner than expected.

33952946.jpg

Corey Maggette, who is averaging 19.8 points a game, could return to the lineup Monday night against the Rockets.

Help is on the way. The Clippers, mired in a 2-6 slide, will probably have the services of leading scorer Corey Maggette for tonight's game against Houston.

Maggette, sidelined the last four games because of a strained right hamstring, was originally slated to miss two to three weeks. But he responded well to therapy, including laser treatment that penetrated the injured area.

"Last time, you heard it was supposed to be three weeks," Maggette said, speaking with reporters Sunday. "But everything is doing well and I had the opportunity to rest it and get some good strengthening from therapists and it's feeling good.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...eadlines-sports-nba-clippe&ctrack=1&cset=true

Originally Posted by 27th4theHood

pimp.gif
hopefully he's 100% tonight

dude, i sure hope so, we need the help, we just can't seem to pull it out at the end of games, corey's ability to get to the stripe will affect thegame a great deal for us. lets go go corey!
smokin.gif

27_clipno1_large.jpg

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cassell's injury not as bad as thought

The Clippers guard has a strained left calf muscle, not a pull or a tear, which means he should not miss as much time as initially feared.

By ART THOMPSON III
The Orange County Register

The Clippers guard has a strained left calf muscle, not a pull or a tear, which means he should not miss as much time as initially feared.

The Clippers have lost three consecutive games, and seven of their past nine, to spoil a 4-0 start.

But there was a sliver of good news Tuesday for the team. Starting point guard Sam Cassell's left calf muscle injury is not as serious as Coach Mike Dunleavy initially feared, and Cassell might be available Friday when the Clippers visit the Denver Nuggets.

After receiving treatment Tuesday from athletic trainer Jasen Powell, Cassell was examined by team physician Tony Daly, who called Cassell's status as day-to-day. Cassell will be re-evaluated later in the week.

If Cassell is unable to play, Dunleavy will have to turn to Brevin Knight or Dan Dickau, who are both nursing injuries. Knight played Monday for the first time since missing two games with a strained right groin muscle. Dickau has a mildly hyperextended right elbow.

Although the Clippers did not practice Tuesday, Knight and Dickau joined Cassell in receiving treatment from Powell and his staff.

Kaman doubles up

Center Chris Kaman is showing no signs of slowing down from his strong start this season. Kaman scored a team-high 22 points and grabbed 13 rebounds in Monday's loss, which marked his 10th points-rebounds double-double in 13 games.

Kaman outplayed Houston's 7-foot-6 center and perennial All-Star Yao Ming, who had 14 points and eight rebounds in 37 minutes.

Kaman had 14 double-doubles in 75 games last season and it took him 59 games to get his 10th double-double.

The All-Star ballots are out and Dunleavy said Kaman is a viable candidate.

"I think that if he continues to play the way he's played, he should be voted in," Dunleavy said.

Contact the writer: athompson@ocregister.com

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/cassell-kaman-double-1930611-games-clippers

wow injuries have been crazy this whole year. EB, Kaman, Maggette, Cat, Sam, Knight, Cassell, Ruben not to mention SL.
smh.gif

CLIPPERS REPORT
Recovering Brand gets edgy with losses
Antsy while watching the five-game losing streak, the power forward thinks the best-case scenario for his return is February.

By Jonathan Abrams, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
December 4, 2007
It was much easier for Elton Brand to watch, wait and heal while the Clippers were winning.

Now, with the team mired in a five-game losing streak, his task is harder.

34086628-03225716.jpg

On the edge

"When we were doing really well and 4-0 it was kind of easy," Brand said. "But now, it's definitely tougher."

Brand, recovering from a ruptured Achilles' tendon sustained during the off-season, is scheduled for a follow-up appointment with his surgeon, Dr. Craig Morgan,in Wilmington, Del., next Tuesday.

If the surgically repaired tendon checks out strength-wise, Morgan will attempt to establish a timetable for Brand to start performing light basketball-related drills.

In the meantime, Brand has added 10-12 pounds of muscle while lifting weights every day, but may taper off once he returns to the court. "I definitely still want to be quick, so we'll probably gauge it more when it's time to run," he said.

Brand, the Clippers' franchise forward who averaged 20.5 points last season, said he is optimistically hoping for a February return.

"I'm not trying to target an exact date," he said. "But it's a six-to-eight-month injury and that would be six months. That would be the closest timetable."

The rest of the Clippers' injury report:

Leading scorer Corey Maggette will be a game-time decision tonight after tweaking his strained right hamstring in Sunday's loss to the Indiana Pacers.

The injury caused Maggette to miss four games earlier this season and forced him to sit most of the fourth quarter on Sunday.

Also, rookie Al Thornton is doubtful for tonight and his sprained right ankle could cause him to miss an additional game or two.

Thornton said he aggravated the injury after landing on Maggette's shoe.

"It's very frustrating," said Thornton, lying on a bench near the Clippers' practice court while receiving treatment on the sore ankle. "I was in a nice little rhythm."

Thornton, who scored 10 points on four-for-six shooting against the Pacers, said he would accompany the team to Seattle and Sacramento in hopes of playing soon.

"Any injuries to key players on a team hurt and they put more pressure on you to perform at a high level," Coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We don't have a lot of room for mistakes and it's taken a toll on us so far."

When asked what would happen if center Chris Kaman, who has solidified the middle, was injured, Dunleavy responded:

"We'd be like the Miami Dolphins."

General Manager Elgin Baylor had a busy and basketball-packed Sunday.

First up, he attended the USC-Kansas game at the Galen Center. He made it to Staples Center shortly before halftime of the Pacers-Clippers game. He finished the day watching UCLA play host to Texas.

we won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
went to a little family thing so i didnt get to watch it but i see we had a nice comeback. Lhat

im joining the darkside of staples center......temporarily
devil.gif

CLIPPERSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Los Angeles Clippers waive forward Ruben Patterson
December 13, 2007

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Clippers waived forward Ruben Patterson on Thursday, hours after he helped them beat the Nets in New Jersey for the first time innearly 10 years.

Patterson and Tim Thomas led a 16-5 run that put the Clippers ahead for good in the third quarter of Wednesday night's 91-82 victory.

Patterson signed with the Clippers as a free agent Aug. 29. He made five starts in 20 games this season, averaging 5.1 points and 3.2 assists.

The Clippers have been beset by injuries. Elton Brand is still recovering from an offseason Achilles' injury, Sam Cassell has missed seven consecutivegames with a calf injury, and Quinton Ross sustained a lower back bruise when he fell in the third quarter Wednesday.

""I think he (Thornton) is ready for more minutes," Los Angeles coach Mike Dunleavy said. "He's had some great practices for us. Wejust feel like if he gets consistent minutes…we'll have to live with some mistakes but overall the benefit…the guy was our leading scorer during thepreseason." The 6-foot-8 rookie forward averaged 16.3 points in eight exhibition games. If his minutes increase to the 25-30 minute level, look out, hecan score in bunches."

So that's why Patterson was waived, to get more minutes for Thornton..

Back
Top Bottom