[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* I'm guessing some of here will never admit to Dwight being far and away the best center in the NBA when he's injury-free.

Are we talking defensively or what ?

I don't see how he can be far and away the best center with 0 post game besides a putback, offensively Dwight should be ashamed of himself. The best center in the league can't score on the block consistently , that's a problem IMO.

Nevermind that he received D.P.O.Y. , but there no way in hell he's far and away better than Marc Gasol.

if bynum wasnt injury prone he'd have 3 more off seasons worth of work

and experience...everything he's learned has been in the 2-4 month windows he's

healthy ....people forget how hard rehabing is....dwight has so much time on his

hand in the offseason its not even funny

what you see as ordering people around, I see as keeping the peace by reminding people of alternatives. :wink:

you don't like people making suggestions to put you on ignore? then change the way you post. You're okay with people making suggestions of ignoring you? cool, but don't call those people out when they do it. If you're cool with it, be cool with it.

I don't really mind if people put me on ignore. I would not even notice it from my point of view. The only times I notice is when people take screen caps to SHOW ME that they put me on ignore. Like if they ignoring me, why are they still doing that? :lol:

It is just CP ordering around in general. He told me to stop talking about Lebron in the NBA finals thread at least twice. He tells me to stop whining when the Lakers are doing bad. This is just sports talk though. Then he gets mad when I tell him no and to mind his own business. I did it in an annoying way but that is simply to combat his own obnoxiousness. :lol:

Nevermind that he received D.P.O.Y. , but there no way in hell he's far and away better than Marc Gasol.
even in marcs best season ( this year) and dwights 'worst' his numbers still dwarf marcs...better %, more rebounds, more blocks, more points...

marc is the more skilled player, but its safe to say dwight is far and away better even still....numbers dont lie...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolma01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/howardw01.html#all_totals

Last edited:
even in marcs best season ( this year) and dwights 'worst' his numbers still dwarf marcs...better %, more rebounds, more blocks, more points...

marc is the more skilled player, but its safe to say dwight is far and away better even still....numbers dont lie...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolma01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/howardw01.html#aFall_totals
No, it's really not safe to say that foolishness. Numbers don't lie but they also don't mean much.

*sigh* I'm guessing some of here will never admit to Dwight being far and away the best center in the NBA when he's injury-free.

I don't see how he can be far and away the best center with 0 post game besides a putback, offensively Dwight should be ashamed of himself. The best center in the league can't score on the block consistently , that's a problem IMO.

you mean the award dwight won 3 years in a row?

anyways, people get so caught up on the way people score. "oh dwight has no post game" blah blah blah. with the "superior offensive skills" that marc has, he's never averaged over 15 points in 5 NBA seasons. excluding his rookie year, dwight has never averaged LESS than 15 points.

Dwight just had his "worst" season and still put up better overall numbers than any other center...

He is still hands down the best center in the league...people get caught up with his personality and the silly **** he does, plus they hear the media always talking bout somebody else is the next best center in the league

I don't really mind if people put me on ignore. I would not even notice it from my point of view. The only times I notice is when people take screen caps to SHOW ME that they put me on ignore. Like if they ignoring me, why are they still doing that? :lol:

It is just CP ordering around in general. He told me to stop talking about Lebron in the NBA finals thread at least twice. He tells me to stop whining when the Lakers are doing bad. This is just sports talk though. Then he gets mad when I tell him no and to mind his own business. I did it in an annoying way but that is simply to combat his own obnoxiousness. :lol:

Wow...that's crazy

you mean the award dwight won 3 years in a row?

anyways, people get so caught up on the way people score. "oh dwight has no post game" blah blah blah. with the "superior offensive skills" that marc has, he's never averaged over 15 points in 5 NBA seasons. excluding his rookie year, dwight has never averaged LESS than 15 points.

Oh wow fam , u dropping knowledge now I ain't eem know all that :rolleyes.

I never said Marc Gasol was better than D12 , I'm sure in your rush to defend the best 1 dimensional center in the game u didn't notice that.

I said D12 isn't far and away better, meaning he isn't head and shoulders above anybody let alone Marc Gasol.

He's a defensive monster I just don't think his defensive prowess is enough to overlook his other shortcomings like being a god awful passer outta double teams (huge for bigs) , garbage freethrow %, and extreme lack of offensive versatility ( putbacks, dunks that's it ).

Yeah he's the best big but not leaps and bounds is all I'm saying, and that really says more about the quality bigs in the league than how good D12 is.

Any potential trades for draft night? Lakers should pick up ricky ledo in mid first round by sending whoever is expendable.

My providence homerism wants a laker friar.

Any potential trades for draft night? Lakers should pick up ricky ledo in mid first round by sending whoever is expendable.

My providence homerism wants a laker friar.

hes my sleeper of the draft. would love for us to get him and have kobe groom him. he has all the tools and potential

you're speaking of his "offensive shortcomings" and even with those he scores more than marc gasol, so what are you arguing? isn't that a testament to how dominant dwight can be, when his only offense is dunks and finishing around the rim and he's able to produce more than marc who has decent range for a C and is skilled on the low post?

Given what Dwight has accomplished offensively up to this point (averaging 20+ points when not a rookie/injured like hell), I would GLADLY take what he offers on offense coupled with his unmatched ability on the defensive end. Let's not pretend that there is a more complete player than Dwight out there who's available for the Lakers; the fact is that Dwight is the best center in the NBA, and whatever nitpicking someone may want to do is simply that. There is no chance you take another center TODAY over Dwight and expect that player to be better than him at the start of this coming season. Arguing potential is not the point here; we want the best option NOW, while we're still a competitive team (yes, in spite of last season's terrible outcome we still are a competitive team when we're not suffering catastrophic injuries).

The 2014 and 2015 free agency period will give the Lakers the personnel necessary to building around Dwight if he chooses to stay. I'm certain that the Lakers brass now is reminding Dwight of that fact, as well as our pedigree as a constant competitor for a title. Along with his affection for LA, I don't understand what more can be asked of him. Let him have his pageantry and feel that he's at the center of the free agency buzz, it's his right. He'll come home to us in the end.

The 2014 and 2015 free agency period will give the Lakers the personnel necessary to building around Dwight if he chooses to stay. I'm certain that the Lakers brass now is reminding Dwight of that fact, as well as our pedigree as a constant competitor for a title. Along with his affection for LA, I don't understand what more can be asked of him. Let him have his pageantry and feel that he's at the center of the free agency buzz, it's his right. He'll come home to us in the end.

it basically comes down to whether he's willing to wait and see what happens in LA, or join something already tangible in houston. nonetheless, i'm excited

I hope Dwight comes back because we all know he's a beast on the block when healthy and is the most dominant defensive presence in the league since Hakeem

Didn't the lebron Stan get warned for this stuff already. Anyhow he's not even worth entertaining. If my favorite team, or if I was a Stan of an individual man and my man won the title id be too happy celebrating that then arguing with fans of other teams but that's just me.

When the lakers won in 2010, the celtics, suns, and cavs fans were the last of my worries. I won't lie, seeing Doo be Doo make post after post that he ate his words on and seeing outtacontrol commit e suicide that summer were comedy but enjoying seeing my team win the title was much more enjoyable than that.

[quote name="DarthSka"]Xtapolapacetl: *warned*[/quote]Didn't heed it.

Smile & wave.

Or just wave & PM me your excuses & disgust & feigned confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom