OG AJ XII's vs. Retro XII's vs. CDP XII's

Hey guys, i was interested in buying an OG pair of Taxis and/or playoffs. Do they have issues with cracking and am i better off just buying a pair of 04retros?? Maybe even CDPs?? If i get a pair of OGs the chances of me balling in them are remote, but i would like to ball in the 04's and CDPs...... howis the cushioning in all of these?? Thanks in advance.

OG XIIs are pretty sturdy. They don't crack. Out sole *might* detach, but can probably be glued back on.

Retro Playoffs are cut a little lower than OGs, and have plastic eyelets instead of metal. Some say the cushioning in the Retro playoffs is better than theOGs.
IIRC, they have painted midsoles as opposed to dyed/molded color on the OGs.

Don't know much about the CDP XIIs. You can probably assume they're inferior to previous versions though.

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

IMO - CDP and Retro 12 are equal.

OG 12s were heavier, and the zoom was far less responsive.

Agreed. To the thread starter, don't be fooled by all the "poor quality this, poor quality that". Most people that talk about "poorquality" don't know what they are talking about. They're just parroting info.

^

other way around, you wouldn't say your mother looks like you, but that you look like her, right?

to answer your question, the XII was the first implementation of zoom in a jordan, and it's the responsive type.

and yes, the 04 retros are lighter and more basketball-suited than the ogs (plastic eyelets vs metal eyelets, plus lighter materials)

i haven't touched the CDPs so i wouldn't know, but i think with any 04 joint, you're good to go. i still hoop my white/grays, nubucks, and taxilows on the reg.

i retired my og white/reds and taxis 'cause they always seemed to give me blisters.

I ball in my CDP XII's almost every day. I bought the pack for the XI's and don't wear them because theyr'e so uncomfortable. The XII's onthe otherhand are one of the (if not "the") most comfortable basketball shoes I've ever owned.

^wow... thats a strong statement. Someone said that you had to break those 11s in to feel the comfort, but a "uncomfortable" AJ11 is a huge turn offfor me since they are the basically the most comfortable shoe ever to me. But ill have to try on a pair of XIIs. thanks for the info.

I have og playoff 12's and they're stiffer than the retro's, not sure about the CDP yet, mine will be arriving this week sometime.

most these cats dont even have a pair of ogs so they cant help you , but i on the other hand ( check the avi ) . ogs are by far better in materials comfort anddurability . they are a bit heavyer , but thats because they are made better . the leather is real and has texture unlike the pleather retros and cdp . theones i have are in realy good condition 100% wearable with dried glue . i had the cdp version for about a day until i sold them due to my dissapointment . dontsettle for cheap imitations , buy og !!!! if you got any questions holla

Originally Posted by AIR23JORDANXIII

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

IMO - CDP and Retro 12 are equal.

OG 12s were heavier, and the zoom was far less responsive.

Agreed. To the thread starter, don't be fooled by all the "poor quality this, poor quality that". Most people that talk about "poor quality" don't know what they are talking about. They're just parroting info.

Agreed, although the materials aren't as good, the actual "feel" & responsiveness of the retros is far better than the OGs.
Don't get me wrong, the OG XIIs are still a great shoe, but for me, the 2004 retros are more comfortable ...my '04 "Melo" XIIs are the mostcomfortable pair of Jordans I own ...Period!

Obviously if you can afford it, I would say buy a pair of OGs for casual wear & get the retros for balling.

...just for the record, I have both the OG Taxis & Playoffs. ...I don't know anything about the CDPs though.

Originally Posted by MattyG13

I have og playoff 12's and they're stiffer than the retro's, not sure about the CDP yet, mine will be arriving this week sometime.

Please post your comments when you them.

To those who have retro XII's (or even OG's), is the cushioning anything like the retro X's??... i felt like the retro X's cushion was a bit tohard for me.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

To those who have retro XII's (or even OG's), is the cushioning anything like the retro X's??... i felt like the retro X's cushion was a bit to hard for me.

The cushioning on ANY XII will be more responsive and feel better than the retro X. The X is based on just a full length air-sole and that's exactly whythe retro's feel the way they do. The XII in all formats is a much more softer shoe in comparison and I'm sure this will be a noticeable upgrade foryou once you try a pair on for yourself.
smile.gif

Thanks for your help man. I really appreciate it..... i need some playoffs in a size 11 or 10.5 pretty badly.

I dont have the CDP's yet (Still looking for a size 12 or 12.5 PM me if you wanna help an NT'er out!) but I really like both my retro and OG 12's.

In terms of feel both are very comfortable. Biggest difference is that the leather on the OG's is a little thicker, and doesnt crease at all! The retrosare actually a little lighter, and have a little thinner leather, but they feel damn near the same.

OG's by a hair IMO

Originally Posted by andfattoo

To those who have retro XII's (or even OG's), is the cushioning anything like the retro X's??... i felt like the retro X's cushion was a bit to hard for me.

The XII's are more responsive. Little smoother of a shoe to wear casually or to play bball in.

Back
Top Bottom