OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Was able to stroll into finish line at 1230 and pick up a pair. Something looked slightly off on the right shoe upon first inspetion but couldnt quite put my finger on it. Broke them out of the box later that evening and SMDH! The right shoe is shorter, has a slight wobble and when you start looking at the spacing of everything, it's all ****ed up!
Thats crazy, i would def take them back for a better pair

Was able to stroll into finish line at 1230 and pick up a pair. Something looked slightly off on the right shoe upon first inspetion but couldnt quite put my finger on it. Broke them out of the box later that evening and SMDH! The right shoe is shorter, has a slight wobble and when you start looking at the spacing of everything, it's all ****ed up!

Take them back and move on, make sure you check your next pair

Yeah the entire "remastered" initiative was a scam by JB to increase prices. I hope they lose enough money that they have to lay off the people who supported this initiative. They blatantly lied to us to increase their own profit margins-absolutely disgusting business practices, I hope these retros rot on shelves.

The Maroons, 72-10s, WCs, BMs and SJs were all quality releases. But I agree that remastered thing didn't last too long. I couldn't believe how poor the TB3s were. How could they do that to such a fresh shoe? I was expecting at least '88s quality. Can't believe I paid the full $240. I didn't mind paying that for the WCs or the BMs since they're awesome. I don't think we'll see those again anytime soon.

04's better than the OGs IMO

Screenshot_20170820-033201.jpg

'04 and '05 XIIIs are some of the last quality retros before quality went down the drain. Really everything from '99-'05 was good. At least prices throughout '06-'08 were reasonable. $115 for IVs, $125 for 3s, $135 for Vs, $140 for 8s, $150 for XIIIs, unless they were an LS release that went for $10 more like the Cool Grey 3s or the Flips at $150. I think the CDPs were rock bottom. You had the 23 from the black red XIs coming off and all kinds of problems.

Now everything is $190 or $220 although that's right in line with inflation. Actually depending on method, $150 from '98 is $225 today. Sure you can argue about outdated tech and this and that but Jordans were never really cheap except for when most went for $150-160.

Retail is dying period, there is NO WAY to save it. In 5 years I'll be surprised to even see footstores in business. With 70% of shoes in FTL being Nike, of course they'll struggle in quarters when Nike doesn't meet expectations.

Brands are now strategizing and taking the big hits early, and direct to consumer shopping is on their highest priority right list now.

Yeah. E-commerce will kill B&Ms except for cars and luxury goods : Jewelry, luxury Swiss watches and the highest end clothing (think custom tailored suits and shirts and Hermès handbags) that will always have a boutique prescence. People complain about trade deals but really the Internet and automation are the biggest job killers imo. At the same time it finally lets people in the middle of nowhere have access to stuff they couldn't buy before. Everything has it's pros and cons.

If these hit $100-$120 like DamnDee wants them too, I'll be shocked. Don't even think the White/Red retro went that low.

Damn, guess it is true. Pretty soon JB gon be retroing the same shoe/cw every year.
I mean, unless I heard wrong, ain't the taxi 12s dropping again this year?

They are supposed to be for holiday season. But I don't think they are, I haven't heard any new news of them dropping this holiday. But knowing JB. If not this year, maybe next year.

Finally got to hold these in hand today. The red is so much better than the 2013 version. But they still remind me of the 2013 version just with 3m like various other members have mentioned. My '04s are still good so unless I find this on discount it's a no for me.

Back
Top Bottom