OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

If you can, return or sell those and buy beat2heats backtabs. They're flexible like factory tabs
Aw, shnap. I'll see if I can cancel the order(I doubt it). Never tried to restore anything before. Good looks for the heads up. 

I was reading on their(Spot On Resto) site that you needed to curve them before you used them. One plus was that you could order them already painted. Didn't know there was other sites that offered them.

Maybe I'll order a pair from them for my 01 BCs that need restoring too.

Last edited:
These new pics and vids have me reconsidering...the opposite direction from my original views. The elephant print looks like crap. I've never been a fan of the high contrast look. Thought they would have made them more like the OGs where the EP was a little more subtle. As someone mentioned, just makes them look "cheap". If the leather quality and cracking midsoles haven't been addressed in these "remastered" I'm passing. Disappointed because I was so looking forward to these.

Pics via sneakernews

View media item 2204562
View media item 2204564

Now these look good. That video must be of gradeschool or something [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm not feeling the shape our shade of blue. And tbh, the Nike air doesn't really add to these at all.

Aw, shnap. I'll see if I can cancel the order(I doubt it). Never tried to restore anything before. Good looks for the heads up. 

I was reading on their(Spot On Resto) site that you needed to curve them before you used them. One plus was that you could order them already painted. Didn't know there was other sites that offered them.

Maybe I'll order a pair from them for my 01 BCs that need restoring too.

Yea man I used them for the first time on my last 01 bc3s and I highly recommend them. If you want, shoot me a pm and I'll send you the link if you can't find them

These new pics and vids have me reconsidering...the opposite direction from my original views. The elephant print looks like crap. I've never been a fan of the high contrast look. Thought they would have made them more like the OGs where the EP was a little more subtle. As someone mentioned, just makes them look "cheap". If the leather quality and cracking midsoles haven't been addressed in these "remastered" I'm passing. Disappointed because I was so looking forward to these.

Pics via sneakernews
could be cause of the filters used but these are the best pics yet.

Been following this forum for a few months and been learning a lot about how the 85 OG True Blues differ from the 2001, 2009, and 2011s. Now that I see the official pics for the 2016 release, I'm definitely disappointed. I feel like all releases prior to the OG have been sub par. It appears the red liner is showing from the front which is unlike the OG, elephant print looks thicker it looks cheaper overall compared to the OGs. My personal opinion. 85s>2001>2011>2009>2016. Thanks for all the information you guys saved me $245.00. 

Last edited:
^ Tongue liners didn't roll over until the 00s. I don't think they're as bad as people think. Game time decision because I really don't need these.

Red jumpman cool but the red behind tongue oh nahhhhh B.... I never see the idea love for blue and red together, colors just don't work, the jumpman red was cool because it wasn't that noticeable to ruin the shoe but this new crap they got going is a disgrace to the true blues, I'm all the way OUT.

Jordan brand be WYLIN...

Red jumpman cool but the red behind tongue oh nahhhhh B.... I never see the idea love for blue and red together, colors just don't work, the jumpman red was cool because it wasn't that noticeable to ruin the shoe but this new crap they got going is a disgrace to the true blues, I'm all the way OUT.

Jordan brand be WYLIN...
It was red on the original 1988 version though, how is it a disgrace to the shoe? The only disgrace is that the lining is showing on the tongue.

^ Tongue liners didn't roll over until the 00s. I don't think they're as bad as people think. Game time decision because I really don't need these.
This. I'm still in for 2 pairs. Have a $100 Nike GC and I wonder if these will hit swoosh hmmmm

Elephant print on the toe looks good awful, like some damn fakes

I'm so disappointed. They really jacked these up. From the OG's to these, it's just a totally different shoe and it looks like they got hit by a truck.

They make the 1s nice, they made the Black Metallic's 5s nice, the Space Jam's look nice...but they make these like garbage. :smh:

Last edited:

Jordan brand be WYLIN...
It was red on the original 1988 version though, how is it a disgrace to the shoe? The only disgrace is that the lining is showing on the tongue.
He just wanted to jump on the "bash the shoe bandwagon"... but he has no idea what is talking about
mean.gif

I don't know fam', I had the 2011. Those had the blue lining but the red lining isn't enough reason to pass on these. The "True Blue" does look darker, but I doubt they'll do another remaster of these any time soon.
Thinking about doing the pre order for these. I know these will be widely available but I don't want to hassle on Black Friday.

This the kobe 9's and the db's are the only shoes i really want in November

I need 2 pair of these true blues

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom