OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

The label is supposed to be on the lid for these because otherwise the lid will cover the label to inconvenient the shoe store clerk when looking for stock at the back.

Look at your WC4 box the lid doesn't go in as deep.

Nike pair came in today. Debating on what pair to keep. Might be number 3 (Nike pair). Couple things I notice with my pairs. Size tag is on the lid of the Nike pair like others have stated, the Nike pair is laced tighter, the finishline pairs tongue feels softer and like real leather, the Nike pairs inside ankle support feels thinner.

View media item 2243581

My pair from Nike+ came today one of my shoes were flawed,back ep was messed up on the outer side of the shoe & the stitching was messed up plus alot of glue I guess to cover it but it look crazy so I'm exchanging em!

So i got these in today & let's just say I am pissed. Paint cracking right from the factory smh, I was looking forward to these all year too. Nike better have another sz 12 laying around to swap these out with

Don't understand the color complaints when there's literally about 4 different sets of comparison videos and pics in this thread alone showing that the color is the same.

Yeah i'm never one to complain about small quality issues, but this is just straight up unacceptable for a $220 sneaker
Yeah my pair has the paint flops from the product image page so I don't really care but the paint job on these has been terrible.. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

COME ON!!

Nike+ pair arrived today. I only own the 88s and the Fire Red 3s (2013).  Upon comparison, the first difference I notice is the tongue texture.  2016s don't feel as padded and plush as the 88s or Fire Reds.

As others have stated, these are a letdown from the WC4s from earlier this year.  If you can get these under retail, go for it.  But these aren't worth $220.  I didn't mind paying retail for the WC4s (those were good IMO).

I have another pair coming later this week (friend hooked me up with Swoosh).  Gonna inspect the two and keep the better pair.

Yeah i'm never one to complain about small quality issues, but this is just straight up unacceptable for a $220 sneaker

lol if they were 160 sold out and you had to pay 220-240 you wouldn't say that. Just 2 years ago reselling was rampant and ppl automatically just paid resale and the quality was trash. Now that Nike charges us that resale price even with the quality upgrade there's still a problem

As a person that has owned the 2001, 2009, 2011 and the 2016 as I'm sure most of us have, the 2016 is easily the worst of them all. I love the OG look but the materials and shape are horrible

Last edited:
As a person that has owned the 2001, 2009, 2011 and the 2016 as I'm sure most of us have, the 2016 is easily the worst of them all. I love the OG look but the materials and shape are horrible

With you... these shoes mean a lot to me man. I walked across my HS graduation stage in the 2001... but this shoe here is really bad. This might be the first shoe I return just cause they suck.

I'm not even a quality guy cause I know what it is.. but it's like they didn't even care with these.

Just got them in hand. Leather isn't the best we know already. Paint isn't like the cement 4's. These 3's will definitely crack sooner. They fit a lil tight but I wore then for a min and they fit fine now.

Best thing about the shoes is the comfort and the Nike Air of course

Nike needs to use this ortholite insole in every Jordan!!

View media item 2243649
Super thick and cushy. At least they give us that. Otherwise Jordan went backwards on quality compared to cement 4's.

Onto the Space Jams!

So I talked to Nike about my flawed pair posted above,

I got a 20% off code but I can't use it towards getting another pair since they're on SNKRS only? I asked about a straight up exchange and they said no because they're sold out on the regular site but still available on SNKRS. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me considering they're owned & made by the same company...

I really don't know what to do at this point. I want another pair, i've been looking forward to these all year. But idk if I can afford to be out $440 (for the 2 pairs) for the time being until the refund clears...

I got a 20% off code but I can't use it towards getting another pair since they're on SNKRS only? I asked about a straight up exchange and they said no because they're sold out on the regular site but still available on SNKRS. Kind of ridiculous if you ask me considering they're owned & made by the same company...

I really don't know what to do at this point. I want another pair, i've been looking forward to these all year. But idk if I can afford to be out $440 (for the 2 pairs) for the time being until the refund clears...

can you buy a pair at foot locker, swap it with your flawed one and refund it to foot locker

Nike pair came in today. Debating on what pair to keep. Might be number 3 (Nike pair). Couple things I notice with my pairs. Size tag is on the lid of the Nike pair like others have stated, the Nike pair is laced tighter, the finishline pairs tongue feels softer and like real leather, the Nike pairs inside ankle support feels thinner.

View media item 2243581

Pair number 1 (Far left) looks like 2 left shoes. Id go with Pair number 3 (far right)

can you buy a pair at foot locker, swap it with your flawed one and refund it to foot locker
he could, but he stated that he may not be able to swing the full price of both pairs while waiting for the refund to clear. if you got a niketown near you, just swap. im pretty sure most niketowns still have these sitting.

Still waiting on my last pair to arrive, UPS is slow as [emoji]128012[/emoji]. I'll pick the best pair and give the other up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom