OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Dont scare me like that man. We need to put a thread together of OG knowledge if what you say is true. Dam kids 
I've seen sneaker heads call French Blue 7's and Flip 3's OG colorways.  Remember when retros that were new colorways were called "Retro+"?  It's confusing with how many there are, including ones inspired by OG colorways.  To me, Metallic Blue 1's and True Blue 3's are more obscure colorways that I didn't realize were OG because I never saw anyone wear them in my youth.

There used to be a website with all of the Air Jordans documented.  Can't remember URL or name but it doesn't exist anymore because the guy running it said he didn't have time.  We need something like that again.

I think Adidas have carved a good lane for itself, but I also think a lot of their success is being able to move forward in the fashion and sneaker industry.

A lot of "fashion" consumers are looking for comfort, feel, aesthetics, and or functionality.

Jordans have been living off the Jordan legacy and it's collectibility.

Like one of the member posted, once the legacy of Jordan fades it's going to be tough for them.

I've seen sneaker heads call French Blue 7's and Flip 3's OG colorways.  Remember when retros that were new colorways were called "Retro+"?  It's confusing with how many there are, including ones inspired by OG colorways.  To me, Metallic Blue 1's and True Blue 3's are more obscure colorways that I didn't realize were OG because I never saw anyone wear them in my youth.

There used to be a website with all of the Air Jordans documented.  Can't remember URL or name but it doesn't exist anymore because the guy running it said he didn't have time.  We need something like that again.
1s have sooo many color ways. 2s only have 2 og colorways, in high-2 in low. most Jordans had 4 colorwars

What makes you think the TBs weren't sought after?

They may very well be the best colorway of the 3. If not #1, #2 for sure.
Man, you again?  I said "that" sought after.  And "best" is subjective, meaning it's an opinion and not necessarily one I disagree with.  Being "sought after" is something that can be measured in terms of sales.

Last edited:

Lol, I forcefed my son Js when he was younger. Now hes in high school and refuses to wear them haha
lmao....i told mine to get their own favorite players....now if they were really into bball and genuinely liked jordan, then i would cop for them.

Like a history of when Jordans released? I'm sure there's something online.

lmao....i told mine to get their own favorite players....now if they were really into bball and genuinely liked jordan, then i would cop for them.
haha, thats funny. Lebron 10 were tight tho. I wish I had some of those

Man, you again?  I said "that" sought after.  And "best" is subjective, meaning it's an opinion and not necessarily one I disagree with.  Being "sought after" is something that can be measured in terms of sales.
LOL @ you again, now  I can't have a conversation about a shoe with you. Got it.

I questioned it because I've known for a lot of people to be wanting this release to happen for a long time, that's all. You don't have to be angry with a post, it's okay.

Anyway, yeah, I personally have tons of Jordans that I pass on wearing just because the feel and comfort isn't there.

Or they're too bulky with certain things.

Tech fleece with Jordans look wild.

Yea, I'll never get the Adidas Yeezy hype either. Things are beyond horrible looking and there's no justification for the price besides Ye being attached to them.

Idc what anyone says. If these were limited with the exact same quality, there would hardly be any complaints.

From all I see, the new v2 are probably the comfiest shoes you'll ever wear

I don't have a pair yet but I thought the ultra boosts were amazing

The V2s are amazing in regards to comfort.

First I thought the NMDs were amazing, then the Ultra Boost, Yeezys top both easily.

V2s (because of the toebox) are a very close second to Ultra Boosts. The V2 toebox does stretch after some wear but is designed to keep the silhouette of the shoe firm so it feels more glove-like (if that makes sense).

Yea, I'll never get the Adidas Yeezy hype either. Things are beyond horrible looking and there's no justification for the price besides Ye being attached to them.

Idc what anyone says. If these were limited with the exact same quality, there would hardly be any complaints.

I actually like the way most of the Ultra Boost look. Yeezys, not so much.

The V2s are amazing in regards to comfort.

First I thought the NMDs were amazing, then the Ultra Boost, Yeezys top both easily.
I can see people feeling this way. Because I'm a big footer (size 12 and I feel like my foot itself is kind of tall), the V2 toebox is very snug on me (even though I went up a full size to 13). I like a roomier fit so Ultra Boosts do it better for me. For comparison, I go TTS on PK NMDs even though most size down.

You're a fool then. These are straight up bootleg. I wouldn't even buy these for 100 bucks out the door. Well, if they were limited I would bcuz I'd sell them to some fool for a great profit. The returns on these are justified. JB can put out good retros(last Metallic 5 release)but this one is far from it. FAR.

Like I said, IDC what anyone says. My pair are perfect so there's no complaints from me. I'm not much of a whiner anyways though...

I can see people feeling this way. Because I'm a big footer (size 12 and I feel like my foot itself is kind of tall), the V2 toebox is very snug on me (even though I went up a full size to 13). I like a roomier fit so Ultra Boosts do it better for me. For comparison, I go TTS on PK NMDs even though most size down.
Yeah, I can see it bugging you on that standpoint.

Just caved and copped from Finishline with $20 reward

If it has significant flaws and the shoebox damaged, it's going straight back for a refund

I don't think the complaints seen in most of these posts are about the TB3's as much as it is about the frustrations certain consumers have had with prior retro releases in general. People are fed up and they're just venting from what I see.

I don't think Nike gives consumers sub par quality as a whole. A lot of their newer models, whether it be for running, basketball, training, etc, are well crafted with very decent tech and materials.

It's just purchasing retros these days are hit or miss and Nike knows that for the most part. They don't have to invest a lot into the craftsmanship because the history and nostalgia of the shoe will sell itself. Honestly, they are more concerned with dumping resources into their newer flagship models. The XXXI's are about as well put together of a sneaker you'll find this year.

The Jordan Retro has become Nike's version of the Ford Focus if you will in being somewhat comparable to a take down model. They are produced in high volume, sell well with very little overhead needed and bring in a nice profit margin for pumping resources into newer technology.

Last edited:
Yep.

I'm a Nike/Jordan guy but I'm glad the Adidas thing is happening. Nike/JB were getting too cocky with everything. I'm glad I see a lot go on sale now.

Agreed. I'll always be a Nike/Jordan guy but the boost tech is taking over and hopefully it forces Nike/JB to step up.

I see there isn't a retro price increase this year...

I'm sorry are boost really more comfortable than prestos which were the original sock shoe?

The quality of air jordans is generally better the recent 2 years compared to what we received in the years 2008 - 2014. The leather on my 2012 AJ4, 2013 AJ5 and 2014 Aj6 are stiff and show partly ugly creasings. The so-called pleather quality.
JB is now paying more attention to details and materials.
It's just greedy business to sell intentionally altered lower quality models and release more accurate ones a few years later trying to get consumers buying them again soon.

I'm sorry are boost really more comfortable than prestos which were the original sock shoe?

Yes. No comparison and this is coming from someone who likes and wears Presto's. I'm referring to Ultra Boost's btw.

Last edited:
Would be nice if FNL let us use a discount on them

Would cop a second pair right now and be done with Jordan's til royals drop after than just waiting for some OG IIIs

Pretty much done with Jordan's aside from royals and select IIIs

Only shoe I've copped outside of the few Jordan 1s was the WC IV this year.

Back
Top Bottom