OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Why do people keep talking about the shape? Am I blind or something? Someone point me towards where the "shape" isn't like the original. I mean is it not the same shoe with the you exception of the materials, colors and details like NA/JB branding?

Why do people keep talking about the shape? Am I blind or something? Someone point me towards where the "shape" isn't like the original. I mean is it not the same shoe with the you exception of the materials, colors and details like NA/JB branding?

Hard to describe so I suggest looking at side by side pics of '88s and newer retros of the same colorway. Toe boxes were sleeker, thinner elephant print, slightly higher ankle cuts, slope of the lace area to the toe box was more uniform and not banana-like. The list goes on man

Hard to describe so I suggest looking at side by side pics of '88s and newer retros of the same colorway. Toe boxes were sleeker, thinner elephant print, slightly higher ankle cuts, slope of the lace area to the toe box was more uniform and not banana-like. The list goes on man

Yeah okay I can see that. I agree the toe box is sleek on the OG's and the elephant print on the toe is thinner. The other stuff though. I guess I just don't see it.

These labeled as a QS Vamp? Looking to double up if not

Nah it's not a QS it's a GR

how's the blue?. the shade of blue looks navy in that exclucity video above

The blue is darker I wouldn't say navy but its close definitely darker than past drops

I've noticed the shape looks more off than the 2011. These even Look bad shape wise compared to the CM 3s

Shape is terrible by comparison lol
think he's asking if stores will mark them as QS so only 1 pair per customer is possible. happened wit the maroons

I was previously into these, and don't mind the shape or red, or blue hue.  However, after wearing my fire reds this weekend, I realized that while 3s look nice, they're actually not that comfortable compared to 4s, which are my favorite.
forreal?
I think the 3s are among the most comfortable Jordans and the 4s are pretty bad. The 16 White Cement is pretty good, but the older ones are pretty terrible.

I can understand the "do I really need those" questions though. I´m at a point where I´m really just putting shoeboxes on my shelves. Have not worn my Maroon 6s for example and it´s been a year already.

So I got to hold these in hand

And honestly not to beat a dead horse here

But the damn shape is awful

Now don't get me wrong I've long accepted the fact I'll never get like that 01 retro shape

But the shape on these are not even as good as the what 2014's which is crazy

And I'm not just speaking toe box even the ankle area is just bad to me

And for 220 box plus tax I'm passing can't do it

Also stop thinking this is limited it's not

Also many may pass as like what 2 weeks later spacejams drop for the same price(also not limited)
Thanks for the heads up. Still copping though.

Outlet is to far from me to save a couple dollars

..and your not saving anything at the Outlets really. The outlet near me had metallic Vs a few weeks after RD. They were priced at 219.99? :smh: Unless it's a retro that sits, recently released retros go for msrp. (The Jordan 4 dunk from above was priced at 129 recently at the outlets. That was a deal, imo.)

..and your not saving anything at the Outlets really. The outlet near me had metallic Vs a few weeks after RD. They were priced at 219.99? :smh: Unless it's a retro that sits, recently released retros go for msrp. (The Jordan 4 dunk from above was priced at 129 recently at the outlets. That was a deal, imo.)

Yeah, we know Nike is greedy.. trying to squeeze every penny even at outlets. Only thing I've seen significantly marked down is some team Js or whatever folks don't even want. The Footactions in my area have had dunk from above 4 & 5 and a couple 2s for $99.. finally grabbed "wing it" 2 for $80 with reward coupon. But the point is, Nike is selling their own mercy and still won't price it like that.

IF they happen to hit discount I may grab a 2nd, but def picking up a pair on RD.

Something just looks off with these, whether it'd be the shape, shade of blue, red liner, light elephant print color, or all. As far as Nike Air retros go, I think sell just like the Metallic 5's and Maroon 6's did. People in my local groups have been selling DS metallic 5's for under retail (ended up grabbing a worn 1x pair for $150) and Maroon 6's hit outlets, so there's no need for me to grab these at 220 + tax right on release day anyway.

These will be everywhere guys like the Aquas last year. My DSG is getting 69 pairs
I didn't think DSG got that many pair.  I'm familiar with this DSG b/c I bought my French Blue and Flu Game 12's from there.

Last edited:
Wow based off vamps claim and seeing current pics and since jordan 16s, storm blue 1 and 45 spacejams dropping,

The temptation to not cop these tb 3 are strong.....time to change avy?....lets see

dunk from aboves are the most slept on 4's ever

Because they were ooo-gleee
Of course to each their own opinion, however, I think they're actually quite nice.  Look good, unique, and quality is quite good.  If they were a limited release they would have sold out and everyone would love them ;-).

On a diff note, I think JB has finally found their price and volume stats.  At these new prices people are being much more selective.  And with the volume of release and volume of each release, people are paying more attention to spending, even though for whom money is not an issue; there's just so much people are willing spend collecting shoes.  

Here we have an OG Jordan 3 that people are talking about passing on; amazing!

Of course to each their own opinion, however, I think they're actually quite nice.  Look good, unique, and quality is quite good.  If they were a limited release they would have sold out and everyone would love them ;-).

On a diff note, I think JB has finally found their price and volume stats.  At these new prices people are being much more selective.  And with the volume of release and volume of each release, people are paying more attention to spending, even though for whom money is not an issue; there's just so much people are willing spend collecting shoes.  

Here we have an OG Jordan 3 that people are talking about passing on; amazing!
Well said my friend. Very well said. I have been waiting for these and will be getting them. I love (most) blue Jordans. These and militaries are of grail status to me. The NA makes it even better because it bring me back to 4th grade when I wanted Js and the parents were like "hell no".

Back
Top Bottom