OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

Still on the fence about these. Are these exact O.G.'s from the 80's or a re-retro of the pair that came out in the early 2000's and they just slapped NIKE AIR on the back and made behind the tounge red?

Still on the fence about these. Are these exact O.G.'s from the 80's or a re-retro of the pair that came out in the early 2000's and they just slapped NIKE AIR on the back and made behind the tounge red?
They the 2011's with the Red Liner like the OG's

But with Nike Air on the back

Didn't the 2011's retail for 150?

Has it really been a 60+ Increase in 5 years?
Yes retail was $150...and those were easy as cake to get...now all JB has to do is slap Nike Air on the back, have the same quality or even worse and everyone is screaming must cop when all you're getting is a nike air on the back

Or maybe people just wanna fresh pair 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Yes retail was $150...and those were easy as cake to get...now all JB has to do is slap Nike Air on the back, have the same quality or even worse and everyone is screaming must cop when all you're getting is a nike air on the back

I will agree with this right here, I copped my pair on a whim while at the mall back in '11. I just walked into foot action around 1 something and asked if they still had the 3s. Dude said they had 1 pair left I was like cool. Tried on the right side everything was cool and I dipped. When I was done with everything I went to my car and opened up the box and looked at the other shoe{not sure why I didn't do it at the store}. The left pair was scuffed up and creased. I called the store and let them know I wanted to return it, dude on the phone said he had a size 8 for himself that was crispy and would just trade with me. Went up there changed it out with dude' s pair gave him dap and dipped out.

WIth the prices and all the hassle we have to go through just for a pair it isn't worth it for me anymore. Especially when the material isn't the best. My blk/cmt 4s from 2012 are an eyesore.

I will agree with this right here, I copped my pair on a whim while at the mall back in '11. I just walked into foot action around 1 something and asked if they still had the 3s. Dude said they had 1 pair left I was like cool. Tried on the right side everything was cool and I dipped. When I was done with everything I went to my car and opened up the box and looked at the other shoe{not sure why I didn't do it at the store}. The left pair was scuffed up and creased. I called the store and let them know I wanted to return it, dude on the phone said he had a size 8 for himself that was crispy and would just trade with me. Went up there changed it out with dude' s pair gave him dap and dipped out.

WIth the prices and all the hassle we have to go through just for a pair it isn't worth it for me anymore. Especially when the material isn't the best. My blk/cmt 4s from 2012 are an eyesore.
I still remember when I first got onto Niketalk around 10+ years ago, people were drooling about the thought of classic retries stamped with the Nike Air on the back....but a lot of people speculated that JB would just shelve out half assembled products and hike up the prices....and booooooy they were right.

Not to say I'm hating or anything I've copped three of the NA releases this year....but 237 is a lot to be spending on some sneakers Nike Air or not....

WV4 were nice and all but I ended up just selling them for half the price cause like any other sneaker, they eventually are beaters.

Leather felt super stiff

Thats disappointing, especially since the Cyber Mondays had very soft leather. Its going to be hard not buying a pair, because this is my favorite 3 with Nike Air, but I feel like JB deliberately messed these up. They used a cheap grade leather compared to other 3s recently released, they used a tan shade for the elephant print, and made the cut it it higher on certain sections of the shoe, especially below the Nike Air Tab, and gave them a darker shade of blue. Why they did these things? Im not sure, but somebody screwed up.

Saw the Cyber 3s earlier at Finishline for the first time in person and felt the pleather it felt pretty good if these dont have that same type of pleather then smh

JB did this because the Nike Air alone is enough to get these sold imo
THANK YOU.  Someone that isn't scared to tell the truth.

".....but JB wouldn't do this, because they care about us..."

its been years since Jordan actually maybe cared about the consumer....

beginning in 2006 when the paint chipped off the IIIs and IVs, when people realized maybe Jordans aren't worth all the hype...

then into all the Countdown Packages when they sold a decent shoe with a trash shoe....

then into the 2010s with all the Nike Air hype....slowly hiking up the prices....

playing with the buyers with a low product count and $190 price tag..

realizing that they could stretch their profit margins by mass production and $220 price tag...

people thought $120 was a lot for an Air Jordan Retro which it was in 2004....

not its $220 plus tax, Jordan Brand is straight up robing you guys and everyone is more than happy to give them their money for a half finished shoe....

I'm not slandering you nor the brand.... I love the shoes but I'm not entirely sure whether $237 is worth a shoe that doesn't even resemble

the models from 2011.... wake up people

Last edited:
Not a hater but the way these 2016 "OG" true blues are
Makes me feel good about copping 2013 88s
2013 88 were also basically 2011 but they were white cements with the nike hang tang and shoe card, they would be pretty perfect if they had nike on the bottom, and of course shape, lining color, cement ep etc

These true blue 2016 should have the 2013 88 packaging with shoe card and nike tag

Last edited by a moderator:
Missed the raffle for these. Local hoh usually does them on the week of release, they raffled these a week early. Online or bust for me, damn...

Back
Top Bottom