OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

My pair came in today . I noticed no size tag on the tongue . I can't recall a retro 3 in recent memory that didn't have one .

OG Starting 5:
Man, Jordan Brand really needs to retro those Playoff 2s already...............quit giving us these lame Retro 2 colorways that aren't the Chicago 2s, and just give us that Red/Black Playoff 2s that we all desire.
Tell me about it bro...It's been a long time coming for the Chicago 2s, which I believe last released in 2010 if I'm not mistaken. Chicago 2s are not as fan friendly as 1s, 3s, 4s, 5s etc and I don't know why because the silhouette is among the most unique of all the AJ game shoes yet its simplicity in design and styling is what makes it an instant classic. Not to mention the OG's from '87 were made in Italy.

Last edited:
Went to my local mall today (Fox Hills Mall) FNL, FTL, CHAMPS and FOOTACTION all had the TB3's still on display. I can see why people would complain about them. The pairs on display at Champs and FNL had some cracking already!

Still gives me bad memories about my 6s, only had the a few months and the cracked/peeled so hard. My Nike Air 4s are cracking too:smh:
son you beat those things up tho

I'm gonna have to go back and look at the tru blue paint on the midsole of my 3s since browsing this thread and seeing this debacle of paint debauchery. I already looked and inspected the elephant print because I didn't want the really light skinned, beady eyed, shaqs from Walmart lookin fufu *** elephant print and I inspected the Nike air logo right along with the elephant print. Didn't want the cut of ep touching the 'R' from the air. This was a big issue with the bm 5s. The "A I R" was literally in a slant on the 5 out of 6 pairs I inspected at my local when they dropped. Pull y'alls pairs out and look if you didn't already, you might be in for a crooked *** surprise

What up NT,

I have been lurking around this post for a while and I must say I'm scratching my head at all of the post about the quality of these True Blues. I'm thinking to myself that the shoe game has gotten so messed up that cats are out here with magnifying glasses trying to find flaws in their shoes. There is just way too much hype. I feel like people of finding reasons not to like this shoe because it was widely released and not limited. That's silly to me.

I'm going to take you back. This is me lacing up the ORIGINAL true blue's back in '88 (or '89, I forget). 

View media item 2243903

Back then nobody cared about release quantities. As a matter of fact, J's sat on the shelf just like the other sneakers. If you were lucky to get a pair you were fresh and people would "ride your jock" all day.  Those were the good ol' days.

The point I'm trying to make it that it's silly harping over things like what the elephant print looks like, or what the leather feels like, or how these will sit on the shelf, or how much you paid. This is a dope shoe... period. They originals were not perfect nor are these. Just rock them!

And by the way, the OG true blues came out around this time in '88. I got them for Christmas!

Original G [emoji]128074[/emoji][emoji]128076[/emoji]:pimp: :smokin

Going to be a fun morning. My NDC pair was 'Out for Delivery' yesterday, but I saw the UPS guy in the afternoon and he had nothing for me. Fast forward to now, just checked NDC for the UPS tracking, said it was delivered at 8pm and left at the front door. Funny cus I walked out at exactly 8pm and ain't seen no UPS guy or the box. So now idk where it went and NDC customer support don't get on till 8am.

Really debating on exchanging my pair at Niketown or just returning them. I paid half of it with gift cards I got for free. Only catch is I have to drive to LA to do that which is about 45 min away from me.

Going to be a fun morning. My NDC pair was 'Out for Delivery' yesterday, but I saw the UPS guy in the afternoon and he had nothing for me. Fast forward to now, just checked NDC for the UPS tracking, said it was delivered at 8pm and left at the front door. Funny cus I walked out at exactly 8pm and ain't seen no UPS guy or the box. So now idk where it went and NDC customer support don't get on till 8am.

Wish you the best. We've all been there in that situation. A punch to the gut feeling.

My pair came in today . I noticed no size tag on the tongue . I can't recall a retro 3 in recent memory that didn't have one .

Yeah. They put it in the side. I like the no label on the back of the tongue. Much cleaner looking aesthetically.

Was y'alls box size sticker on the lid or the box? I got a size sticker-on-the-box pair but the top line of text on the tag is barely visible bc of the lid falling over it. I think it's supposed to be on the lid but I'm coo with what I got for $165

Last edited:
Weird. My estimated delivery date got pushed up from Friday, to Thursday, to Wednesday. I checked UPS tracking # just now and it's "On truck out for delivery" at 1:44 AM. I'm confused cause obviously UPS trucks don't operate at this time. Maybe it's already been sorted at the hub and already loaded on the truck waiting for delivery later today?

Last edited:
^ i think they are on their way to be delivered in the morning

i got lucky with my pair. The Shoe Palace I called said they didn't have enough raffle winners, I guess ppl slept, so I told them my size & luckily they had it. Picked them up Friday with ease [emoji]128526[/emoji] I initially wanted to sell but after seeing them in person... easy keep [emoji]128293[/emoji]

yea but previous didnt have the orange tongue.
the OG one and by that i mean the 1st one had orange tongue, or am i wrong??
i kinda like these better then 2011.

my pair from ndc came in yesterday and they're pretty flawless imo.

hadn't bought a pair of jays since 95' prior to these. extremely satisfied with my purchase.

I have been reading this thread for a while now and I copped 2 pair myself and I don't understand why some people are not into these J's.

Mine are straight fire - no flaws and I might even triple up since Nike.com still has them in stock.

Something tells me people are mad that they don't have the money to spend on these and therefore are saying that they are trash.

These will break in nicely.

Stop freaking out over "stiff leather" folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom