OG Sneakerheads vs Noobs

Weren't you the one saying how the Gamma 11's were a fail for JB and beating your point to death in the Jordan thread though?
nerd.gif
Don't really see how that's relevant to the discussion at all but yes....it was a flop (never said fail). And again, since most NTers like to filter out some information to make their point more relevant, I said that it was a flop compared to what we've been getting for the holiday release...not a flop in general. You're joking yourself if you think those stupid Gammas stand up to the Playoffs, Concords, Cool Greys, and Space Jams. Straight delusional if you think this shoe can even be held in the same category.

I'll say it again to avoid being misquoted, again....even though I'm sure it will happen because that's how NT works. Leave out a part of someone's post so that your argument seems more legit. lololol.

THE GAMMA 11 WAS NOT A FAILURE OF A RELEASE. THE SHOE SOLD VERY WELL. IT'S JUST A FLOP COMPARED TO WHAT THEY'VE BEEN RELEASING IN SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE PRIOR YEARS. 

Did you join Nike to talk about pumps?
Nah, I joined NT to...talk Nikes, 
laugh.gif
. That was years ago, though. Now that I'm older, I just don't get as excited over shoes as I used to. The time and effort people (myself included) could be utilized more effectively elsewhere.

Plus, Jordan Brand is making most of their shoes out of plastic. Whenever they decide to use decent materials, you gotta break your back to try to get them. I just don't have the wherewithal for the whole thing any more.

Last edited:
Don't really see how that's relevant to the discussion at all but yes....it was a flop (never said fail). And again, since most NTers like to filter out some information to make their point more relevant, I said that it was a flop compared to what we've been getting for the holiday release...not a flop in general. You're joking yourself if you think those stupid Gammas stand up to the Playoffs, Concords, Cool Greys, and Space Jams. Straight delusional if you think this shoe can even be held in the same category.

I'll say it again to avoid being misquoted, again....even though I'm sure it will happen because that's how NT works. Leave out a part of someone's post so that your argument seems more legit. lololol.

THE GAMMA 11 WAS NOT A FAILURE OF A RELEASE. THE SHOE SOLD VERY WELL. IT'S JUST A FLOP COMPARED TO WHAT THEY'VE BEEN RELEASING IN SEVERAL CONSECUTIVE PRIOR YEARS. 

How the hell is a shoe that sells out instantly a flop?

These kids look at the beginning of sneaker collecting as being 3 years ago???
Psssshhh
IMO if u weren't stackin boxes at least in the 90's you're a "new jack"...LOL.

Weren't you the one saying how the Gamma 11's were a fail for JB and beating your point to death in the Jordan thread though?
nerd.gif
The Gamma 11's and 12's sold, but IMHO they are pure trash ... I can careless about others opinion about the kicks, that's just mines!
Did you join Nike to talk about pumps?
I initially joined NT to talk about kicks (When you actually had to apply to become a member), over time I slowly started posting less in the Jordan Forum and strickly in General. At this point I don't think NT is just to talk about Nike's or J's but to talk with people that at one point share the same mutual interest as me. Not because of sneakers .... 

Just saying!

Agreed. Nobody owes anyone respect because they been buying clothes longer than someone else. Buying shoe is not a culture, it's not a "thing", not a gang, not a club, it's BUYING SHOES. I buy a lot of underwear..... Am I an underwear head? I buy groceries..... Am I a grocery head?

Lol

People need to get over themselves and find something real to "be apart of".

This'll rustle dem jimmies but it's the truth
Yeah but you're the one that agreed with the post that said you shouldn't buy jordans if you can't hit a midrange jumper. You then said it's like buying track shoes if you can't run.

How the hell is a shoe that sells out instantly a flop?
All JB retro's sell out instantly. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to understand what's going on in the discussion. If they released those garbage Joker 3's this XMAS instead of when they dropped initially, they would have sold out instantly as well. That wouldn't be a flop as a holiday release? A lot of us would have laughed if they tried that. But it would still sell out, instantly. So stop with that asinine argument.

It's funny that no matter how many times I say it it still goes right over some of your heads. The shoe was a flop as a xmas holiday release, not a flop in general. I said multiple times that the shoe sold well, but was a flop compared to what we've been getting on holidays. I wonder who the next genius will be to filter out that part of the statement. There have been like 20 so far.

That shoe should have been a meaningless drop like April 7th or whatever....just another JB retro release. I wouldn't have called it a flop if they released it as such, even though I don't like the shoe.  But not a holiday release. It's getting to the point where they'll give us anything.

Last edited:
Yeah but you're the one that agreed with the post that said you shouldn't buy jordans if you can't hit a midrange jumper. You then said it's like buying track shoes if you can't run.
Buying shoes is buying shoes, you don't need a reason to buy it. Anybody can spend the money, but buying athletic footwear and not being athletic is a bit of a joke to me, but hey, your now money. Sue me, or move on.

Lol at "keep hating", I don't listen to people who speak like drayah, thanks.

Lol at the gammas being any type of disappointment of Nike. By far the dumbest thing I've heard thus far.

Last edited:
As an OG head, I feel Nike should throw me (and all of the other OG heads) a bone for special releases.

WE are the ones that helped build the culture back at the beginning of the retro era in the early 2000s. WE bought every release back then. WE posted our collections on the sneaker boards. WE helped grow the culture by introducing new people to it.

How any times have I walked through the mall with some heat and broke the necks of hundreds of dudes? The very moment their neck snapped an urge to own sneakers started to grow inside them. How much revenue did I generate for Nike that day? What about the thousands that viewed our collection pics online and got sneaker boners and at the very moment gave up collecting comic books and wearing Osiris shoes and wanted to collect sneakers?

I don't want much. I don't want free shoes. I just want the marketing executives of Nike to reach out to me and give me the OPTION to purchase high demand shoes on release date. Because I know said execs are reading this from the comfort of their mansions that I in some capacity helped pay for.

Nah, b. We didn't make this hobby by doing that - we dug its grave. The noobs just threw the dirt back on top of us. Our intentions were good, but ultimately places like NT (and how public it was) were hugely instrumental to the death of the hobby. It became paint by numbers. I see a couple of dudes in this thread from the Polo thread - contrast the sneaker situation with that of vintage gear. 9/10 dudes even in the Polo thread don't even know how much somebody should actually pay for a Stadium rugby. ...That's because gear heads never supplied the outsiders with enough rope to eventually hang us with. That was intentional. Those heads protected their culture from the vultures. Sneakerheads didn't - we invited those who eventually pillaged us to our table in the first place.

Lol when people say 2005 was "back in the day" or "the easy days". 04-05 was when everything hit the fan

Yeah - that's the other point. Most of the dudes who claim they are OG are noobs themselves.The heydey definitely ended in the early 2000s.

i never understood why ppl wanted jordans when they cant even hit a mid range jumper lol excuse my ignorance but when u rock jordans, i hope u can ball or at least make 3 jumpers in a row. these r JORDANS, he played basketball. if u dont like basketball, u have no business buying these shoes. let someone who loves the game get them, damn.

Should you play Polo to wear RAlph Lauren?

Last edited:
Agreed. Nobody owes anyone respect because they been buying clothes longer than someone else. Buying shoe is not a culture, it's not a "thing", not a gang, not a club, it's BUYING SHOES. I buy a lot of underwear..... Am I an underwear head? I buy groceries..... Am I a grocery head?

Lol

People need to get over themselves and find something real to "be apart of".

This'll rustle dem jimmies but it's the truth
Its only dumb because you'll eat anything JB feeds you. Of course the shoe sold out. They could release pink and green 11s and they'd sell out instantly. Gotta run out and grab those watermelon joints, right?

You contradicted yourself twice in this thread already. First you said that it's like buying track shoes if you can't run. Then you said the quote above soon after...."it's just buying shoes and that people need to get over themselves." Now you're flip flopping again saying that buying athletic footwear and not being athletic is a bit of a joke to you. 

LOLOL....so which is it guy? Oh and lol at you calling retro Jordans athletic footwear. Joints are casual sneakers. Sure you can ball in them, but you can also ball equally good in a pair of skechers. 

Talk about stupid ....

People that buy athletic footwear but aren't athletic - now that's stupid.

Jordan sneaker became more than just a basketball sneaker when Spike and MJ teamed up. Shoes were being worn on red carpets and became fashion statements. 

Now a day buying a retro Jordan shoe for basketball IMHO is stupid as there are way better options.  

In addition, why is buying a comfortable sneaker like an airmax even if you don't run stupid? LMAO 

Last edited:
Althletic sneakers to me = Flyknit, Hyper___, Lunar___

Non athletic sneakers to me = Retro Jordans, Air Max

Talk about stupid ....

People that buy athletic footwear but aren't athletic - now that's stupid.

Jordan sneaker became more than just a basketball sneaker when Spike and MJ teamed up. Shoes were being worn on red carpets and became fashion statements. 

Now a day buying a retro Jordan shoe for basketball IMHO is stupid as there are way better options.  

In addition, why is buying a comfortable sneaker like an airmax even if you don't run stupid? LMAO 
Exactly....retro Jordans can be balled in....but much better and cheaper options from Kobe, KD, Under Armour, Nike, and Adidas are available. Jordan retros are better used as a casual sneaker. I wonder how blaster would respond, considering how he's said the opposite of himself twice now....yet is calling other arguments dumb. lol.

The term sneakerhead really isn't corny, it's just that a lot of you want to disassociate yourselves from these new dudes.

Well put bruh..The term sneaker head will never die in my book..We had to work hard for that title back in the days.. Damn near worked my *** off for the og foams back in 97...only cat in high school with em. I would see very FEW with j's and air maxes. We would pass each other through the hall and nod like this man knows wassup..

Kid needs to go to dictionary.com to learn the definition of the words he uses.
I hardly agree with you, but I'm on you with this one.

The word he is using is incorrect. The Gamma's did not FLOP.

However, the content is 100% true IMHO. The Gamma's to be a holiday release is pure ******* .......

Joint are hideous - release them on any day that another classic Jordan is being retro with OG colorways and give everyone an option to have either or and Gammas would sit. Just saying!

But I can understand - the times are changing ... if kids like their rainbow J's hot pink foams etc .. then is on them. I'm good on that!

Last edited:
you need to stop filtering out key parts of posts to better fit your argument. selective hearing much champ?

There is no selective hearing, your post don't make any sense.

If I call your sister ugly...there is no justification once I call her ugly. You can type a rambling wall of text all you want, but you still look silly continuously using the word flop. Words have definitions, you don't create your own for them.

However, the content is 100% true IMHO. The Gamma's to be a holiday release is pure ******* .......

Joint as hideous - release them on any day that another classic Jordan is being retro and give everyone an option to have either or and Gammas would sit. Just saying!
Exactly...any shoe dropped as the holiday release would sell like crazy. It's still a flop AS A HOLIDAY RELEASE. If they released any other time of year it would have been fine. But like I said, the Joker 3s would have sold like crazy also if they dropped them as a holiday release instead of their original release date. I would have called those a flop also as a holiday release. Again, gammas aren't a flop in general, just a flop as a holiday release. Every JB retro sells out instantly so that part is irrelevant, it's a constant....not a variable.

Joint are hideous - release them on any day that another classic Jordan is being retro with OG colorways and give everyone an option to have either or and Gammas would sit. Just saying!

But I can understand - the times are changing ... if kids like their rainbow J's hot pink foams etc .. then is on them. I'm good on that!

Right. "Flop" wasn't really the right word, but they certainly were undeserving of a holiday release, in an objective sense.

However... from Nike's perspective, that's an ultimate win. They cashed in big time without even having release one of their golden bullets from the chamber. ...Why "waste" a release of Columbias when you can keep the thirst growing and score just as much with a pseudo-variant CW release.

People think Nike is acting crazy - that's not the case. They are dancing beautifully, most people don't hear the music though.

Last edited:
:lol: people mad they see a dude with a gut rockin' some PEs or some crazy heat.

:lol:

Funny part? The dudes with the most heat tend to be the ones who haven't seen the inside of a gym, ever....(Mayor, Franalations, Clark Kent, Fat Joe, Greg Street, Chi McBride to name a few).

Face it, sneaker enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes. Ya'll sound silly AF right now.

What ya'll ball out in Bin IXs and Tokyo Vs? Word? We don't believe ya'll. :rofl:

Ya'll go for a run in Kid Robot AM 1s too?

FOH.

Last edited:
There is no selective hearing, your post don't make any sense.

If I call your sister ugly...there is no justification once I call her ugly. You can type a rambling wall of text all you want, but you still look silly continuously using the word flop. Words have definitions, you don't create your own for them.
There is def selective hearing going on with you. The gammas are not a flop in general, but a flop as a holiday release. I'm sure you still dont get it. They are at the highest level of hype right now and still selling for less than playoff 11s which have been out for a year. This time last year playoff 11s were going for 400 dollars and more. It wasnt till after the hype died down....about a month or so....when the value dropped and settled where it is now. The gammas will drop to 200-250 just like any other JB release, while the playoffs, cool greys, concords, and space jams will continue to hold their value...much higher than these trash gammas. I can readily find a pair of gammas  with a receipt for about 240 right now. No way you were doing that with playoffs this same time last year. I put a pair of playoffs up for 330 on craigslist and I was the lowest price by faaaaaar the first week after release. Greedy resellers were asking 400 and up.  I ended up selling them to an acquaintance for 280 and he was acting like he won the lottery.

You perceive success of a shoe too much on the surface, too much from the short term. You see it sell out instantly and that's all you know and understand. Perhaps you don't have the educational background to understand all of the elements, short and long term, that can be used to compare the levels of success of comparable products. The ability to hold value is directly related to how the public perceives the product. If you can't see that gammas are already failing in that category, compared to comparable products (past holiday releases) then maybe you should dig deeper....its not that hard to see.

Right. "Flop" wasn't really the right word, but they certainly were undeserving of a holiday release, in an objective sense.

However... from Nike's perspective, that's an ultimate win. They cashed in big time without even having release one of their golden bullets from the chamber. ...Why "waste" a release of Columbias when you can keep the thirst growing and score just as much with a pseudo-variant CW release.

People think Nike is acting crazy - that's not the case. They are dancing beautifully, most people don't hear the music though.
A lot of truth to this.

JB hype is ridiculous right now. ONe of the reasons I said we'd never see columbias. But actually, we will....when they hype starts to die down. When will that be? I bet they give us Space Jams again next year instead of Columbias. It will have been 4 years, and we already know that's long enough as is the case with Bred 1s (banned came out in 2009)

Back
Top Bottom