OK EVERYONE now knows about Pacman. What about Nonito "Filipino Flash" Donaire???

Every Pacman thread I enter I hear "Fanboy this and fanboy that", "Only since Hatton", and "DLH is washed".
Its like people aren't allowed to root for a boxer for their own personal reasons.
So I want to make another thread about another Filipino boxer who is tearin up the IBF.
Boxing fans of ALL ethnicities enjoy.

Speaks English well? Thats probably because he's from San Leandro.

But that might be his undoing with popularity from his own countrymen. He'll never have as much popularity as Pac because he's Americanized and notstraight from the Philippines like Manny is.

Moved to San Leandro recently right? bc from what I know hes from Gen Santos.

Now I can say he is a Filipino Bay Area cat which is cool if he is FROM there,

which makes him a local to me.

He's born in the PI (Bohol) grew up in General Santos, migrated to NorCal around 10 or 11 years old with his older brother Glenn. Made it to the U.S.olympic trials, but lost to Brian Viloria.

Oh if you check out the boxing thread in this forum, he's pretty much appreciated there. So non-pinoys have heard of him... Come to think of it, i comeacross more none-pinoys who's heard of Nonito than the pinoys
laugh.gif

Met the dude @ a club in the Bay. Hes cool and he definetly Americanized like his lil bro (i think they grew up here). They both were in olympic trials for US.Nonito went up against Brian Viloria in close fight. Hes taller than i thought but super skinny.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Oh if you check out the boxing thread in this forum, he's pretty much appreciated there. So non-pinoys have heard of him... Come to think of it, i come across more none-pinoys who's heard of Nonito than the pinoys
laugh.gif
Yup,
laugh.gif

Nonito is definitely appreciated.

I love him for the simple fact he smacked some sense into Vic. Gave son a big slice of humble pie.

I love Vic, but son projects his swag like he's a P4P king or something.
laugh.gif

Nonito is that dude though.

Man when he knocked out Vic D I didn't stop laughing for 10 minutes. Refuses to get back into the ring w/Nonito.

Back
Top Bottom