Oklahoma City Thunder vs San Antonio Spurs - OKC WINS in 6, Congrats!

Originally Posted by FlipNLu

If kiwi is in foul trouble who is second?
jacksontat1_medium.jpeg

cappin jack
pimp.gif

Yeah, nothing wrong with what Parker said. If anything, he basically called out all the sorry PGs Russ hasn't had to really guard in the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Personally, I wouldn't assume that just because Ibaka and Perkins were very effective on the Lakers' bigs they can shut down Duncan with no help. Duncan has the whole arsenal working right now. The face up 17 foot bank shot, running hooks, free throw line jumper. Those are tools that neither Bynum or Gasol have. Plus, the Spurs are better at creating space for their guys to work than the Lakers are. And lastly, Duncan is a lot mentally tougher than either Gasol or Bynum. If they play him straight up the whole time, Duncan will get his.

they didnt double dirk and they didnt double the laker bigs why would they double duncan. put perkins on TD and call it a day. fine let TD get his, TD at this stage of his career is not going to beat OKC.

the spurs didnt have the season they had because of TD and running the offense through TD and pop wont start now.

OKC in 6

Yup

I don't think anyone said what TP said was "wrong".

But either way you slice it, telling another player "what he's in for" is fighting words and I think that's what people are pointing out.

Like dude said earlier...either he's trying to get in Russ' head or he's just really feeling himself. Anyone competitive is going to raise an eyebrow at a comment like that.

I'm going to go with the Spurs in this series.

As a Heat fan i think the Heat match up with the Spurs better then a OKC.

Originally Posted by Skip0011

I'm excited to see which 6th man makes more of an impact; harden or manu.

Imma go with Manu on this one. Not a slight to Harden, but I think Manu does a lot more for his team. 

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Now is when Durant and Westbrook need to come together and play the most intense defense they ever have. If Russy loses his man on box outs or back cuts like he did a lot against LA it'll be a long series.

CP said it, Ibaka and Perk really couldn't be better prepared to play against SA big men after facing Pau and Bynum.

Thunder in 7
I agree with all of the above. Who has been more clutch in the playoffs this year then Durant?
I expect a flop fest from Manu. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Skip0011

I'm excited to see which 6th man makes more of an impact; harden or manu.
I'm going with Harden on this one. Probably because I like Harden more though. Harden's actually one of my favorite players in the NBA so that was easy for me to pick and I am being biased of course.

I'm still calling it, the Thunder will win this series in 5 or 6 games.

I love how everyone is writing off the Spurs, despite the fact Spurs lead the season series 2-1, not to mention 18 game winning streak, haven't lost a game since April 9th and have the best bench in the L. But its cool after the Spurs beat OKC everyone gonna be saying Boston/Miami is gonna win the championship.
Spurs 2012 Champions is all i'm saying

I don't see how its OKC's "time" to win a championship. They are only 22-23 years old. 
laugh.gif
 Give them a couple more years and then it will be considered their "time". If its anybody's time, its Lebron's time. 
Just like Jon Barry said earlier today...when you look at the numbers, there is really no reason why anyone can think OKC will win this series. San Antonio pretty much owns them in every category. I think most people argument against the Spurs is them being "old". That should be thrown out the window at this point, though. 

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

I love how everyone is writing off the Spurs, despite the fact Spurs lead the season series 2-1, not to mention 18 game winning streak, haven't lost a game since April 9th and have the best bench in the L. But its cool after the Spurs beat OKC everyone gonna be saying Boston/Miami is gonna win the championship.
I'd guess a majority of people in this thread are saying the Spurs will win, a lot of them saying in 5 games too.

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

We're better than the Jazz and the Clippers though.

fan-tony-parker-haircut.jpg

526710_381044391933627_100000842076776_1015192_842271413_n.jpg

ap-201205231155429504066.3.jpg

ap-201205231155429254064.jpg

the matchup to watch. I don't think either can guard the other, but the Spurs help and recovery is better

Hey Sci you going to any of the WCF games in OKC? If you do, do you mind picking up a shirt for me if you are at the game?

I think the Spurs will win, and if that happens, and if OKC can learn from it and studie what the spurs have done this year as far as coming together as a team, I think next year will be OKC's year.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't see how its OKC's "time" to win a championship. They are only 22-23 years old. 
laugh.gif
 Give them a couple more years and then it will be considered their "time". If its anybody's time, its Lebron's time. 

I think they are saying that because the contracts due with harden and blocka

when you have a finals mvp you can say what you want as long you back it up

i think timmy, diaw, blair, tiago, and bonner are going to put that front court to the test to me who controls points in the paint and rebounds are key

[h1]Kevin Durant is tired of hearing about the Spurs[/h1]
The Western Conference Finals, which tip off on Sunday, figures to be the best series of the playoffs so far. The Oklahoma City Thunder and San Antonio Spurs have been the two most impressive teams in the postseason by a wide margin, losing a whopping one game between them and seeming to have very few, if any, major weaknesses. It's the kind of series where predicting who will win is almost besides the point — really, it's best just to watch some great basketball and enjoy whatever happens.

In the meantime, though, we're all going to speculate about what might happen and how each team might attack the other. For the media, that means asking key players what they expect from the opposition. For some reason, Kevin Durant is tired of being asked these questions. From Darnell Mayberry for The Oklahoman (via SLAM):
Kevin Durant was just three minutes into his 10-minute session with reporters Wednesday when he grew a bit testy.

Of the first seven questions lobbed at him, Durant was forced to field five about the San Antonio Spurs. [...]

Once that fifth question came — a reasonable query about what he anticipates from the Spurs defensively against him — Durant tried to supply an answer but soon found himself swerving off script.

"I'm just going to play my game," Durant started. "I can't really think about how those guys are going to defend me. They're a tough defensive group. But every question is about how the Spurs are going to come and how the Spurs are going to play. But you got to ask me how we're going to come at them. We're a tough team as well. We come out and play hard. We have a lot of weapons as well. I know they're the No. 1 seed, they're a tough group and they haven't lost in a couple of months but I think that we bring another dimension to the table as well. And we can come out and compete."

The Spurs are the favorites in this series — they haven't lost since the second week of April and have looked flawless in their eight playoff games. Durant is right not to treat them like they're unbeatable, but it's also natural for the media to ask him and his Thunder teammates how they'll handle the challenge. The Spurs might not get quite as many questions about the Thunder as the Thunder have gotten about the Spurs, but they're being asked similar things. It's just what happens in a playoff series where both teams are really good.

More than anything, what Durant's doing is buying into an "us against the world" mentality that drives so many athletes. When basketball players feel disrespected, they gain a competitive advantage. Durant might be blowing this issue out of proportion, but it's also the sort of thing that athletes do all the time. What's interesting in this case is that, given the likely competitiveness of this series, the Thunder could become the favorite after one game. Durant might feel disrespected now, but he could also be the toast of the league in a week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/b...Iyz_c2yl.K1HDFqL7Ry8vLYF

1st Parker now durant???

Sunday cant come soon enough.
laugh.gif

This series will be absolutely critical for Westbrook. He HAS TO shutdown Parker. TP is the lifeline of the San Antonio Spurs and the pressure that Westbrook can bring will be the difference.

And then the Thunder goes as he goes on offense. When he's getting his (and he should b/c TP can't stay in front of him), the Thunder can't be beat. I'd love to see him in the post on Parker. Total mismatch.

I'm looking to see a big series from the kid...if not, Spurs in 6.

Originally Posted by AG 47

This series will be absolutely critical for Westbrook. He HAS TO shutdown Parker. TP is the lifeline of the San Antonio Spurs and the pressure that Westbrook can bring will be the difference.

And then the Thunder goes as he goes on offense. When he's getting his (and he should b/c TP can't stay in front of him), the Thunder can't be beat. I'd love to see him in the post on Parker. Total mismatch.

I'm looking to see a big series from the kid...if not, Spurs in 6.
Agreed. And I think he can if its a 1 on 1 situation. Parker, and the Spurs as a team move the ball really well. The situations where Russy can swat and swipe away at the ball might happen less as opposed to the series with LA.

^Yup. The Spurs are the best passing team in the league. But Westbrook can disrupt their offense if he can keep Tony Parker out of the lane. Obviously it will be a team effort when the pick and rolls come into play, but it starts with Russell. I think he can do it.

Either way, it should be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom