Old People

The elderly in our country need to be reigned in a little bit. I understand that they have paid their dues but some things need to change in order to reflect the current times. A few points:

-social security, medicare and medicaid (along with welfare and other entitlements) are sucking our economy dry. 
-old people NEED to be required by law to retake the drivers test YEARLY. at this advanced age people are no more capable behind the wheel then a 12 year old

Originally Posted by afitch102

The elderly in our country need to be reigned in a little bit. I understand that they have paid their dues but some things need to change in order to reflect the current times. A few points:

-social security, medicare and medicaid (along with welfare and other entitlements) are sucking our economy dry. 
-old people NEED to be required by law to retake the drivers test YEARLY. at this advanced age people are no more capable behind the wheel then a 12 year old

Ehh... I don't know about that, although it wouldn't hurt to re-take the test (I think EVERYBODY should do it every other year or so)

But in my experience, elderly people are actually safer drivers than the younger crowd. Sure they are slow as hell, and take 20 minutes to reverse out the parking lot
laugh.gif
But they are safer drivers.

You giving the elderly a bad name. I probably see more drivers on the road who are way younger who drive worse.

How is social security sucking the economy dry?
Too bad young drivers are the main causes of traffic accidents so I don't see why you're targeting old people.
Everyone should have to retake their driver's test, not just old people.

-social security, medicare and medicaid (along with welfare and other entitlements) are sucking our economy dry............................................ But the elderly paid into social security, so we should just keep their money and say oh well get a job at 90 years old?

old people need their own side of everything.
the sidewalk
the street
the stairs
the supermarket
the bathroom
etc

They should be exterminated at 65.  That would help curb the world's overpopulation problem, more resources for the rest of us young people because you know, we actually matter and @%@#.

One day you will become old and younger people in your life will abuse you through financial, physical and emotional means and leave you to fester and rot.
And as an older member of Niketalk, just a friendly reminder: 

clint.jpg

Get off my lawn.
smokin.gif

Ok yea OLDER people are expensive and cost the country billions. Yes the higher life expectancy are leading to a HIGH overpopulation in the world. Its a moral issue more then a finical issue. No one wants to see their grandma put down on her age.

Old people do kinda make me mad drviin slow as hell but Ive never seen or heard of them get any accidents and lord knows they dont get speeding tickets

Where I live, old rich people driving benz's and bimmers make up a good percentage of the zipcode. When the speed limit is 55, they go 20-25 at the MOST. Then they fall asleep and swerve away from stop-signs at the last second. Then you have the old people who want to believe that they're younger than they really are and decide that they want to go 70 in a school zone.
roll.gif

Drivers above 65 should be required to take the test again every other year to ensure they're stable enough to drive, ESPECIALLY IF THEY TAKE MEDS that can effect they're senses. When old people drive to the pharmacy to pick up their meds, take them in the parking, and then drive, they turn into vegetables.

Where I live, old rich people driving benz's and bimmers make up a good percentage of the zipcode. When the speed limit is 55, they go 20-25 at the MOST. Then they fall asleep and swerve away from stop-signs at the last second. Then you have the old people who want to believe that they're younger than they really are and decide that they want to go 70 in a school zone.
roll.gif

Drivers above 65 should be required to take the test again every other year to ensure they're stable enough to drive, ESPECIALLY IF THEY TAKE MEDS that can effect they're senses. When old people drive to the pharmacy to pick up their meds, take them in the parking, and then drive, they turn into vegetables.

It should be harder to get a drivers license for everyone. Way too many dumb people are allowed to drive cars.

theyr just slow. what thy should do is legalize mj and toke em out all day so they can just stay home not wanting to do anything like a pothead.

Back
Top Bottom