Old washed Supreme Thread vol. LOCK IT UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's gonna be in the mid 90's with 60% humidity this week in H-Town.

People finna get antsy in a couple of days.

Over at soho since last night They're giving us the "option" to leave , which makes no sense. Said if you want to waste your time out here for days that's on you but we're getting no product. There's also been rumblings that the 5th ave store isn't getting stock and it's being pushed over here. So everyone is being shady now at this point
I seen a video. those people will be skipped that are camping. 

There is zero line at 5th avenue location, if that's what you are referring to. I was told they said to everyone to leave because it was cancelled at that location. 

LOL so much for the resellers talking about fake news.

They should just open this up for VIP clientele only.

Somethings just aren't meant for everyone.

Over at soho since last night They're giving us the "option" to leave , which makes no sense. Said if you want to waste your time out here for days that's on you but we're getting no product. There's also been rumblings that the 5th ave store isn't getting stock and it's being pushed over here. So everyone is being shady now at this point

R.I.P.

It's gonna be in the mid 90's with 60% humidity this week in H-Town.

People finna get antsy in a couple of days.
Yeah I dont mind waiting overnight but 5 days in this humidity and intermittent rain while its hot out... No thanks.

YUP !... 

All this hope/hype/hormones will make the next Sup x LV drop more like getting Birkin bag from Hermes and less like getting Sup foams

wouldn't be fair though to the supreme audience and most people in general

if you do  have to drop 50k in a year or few months to be VIP, lets be real that's going to be mostly old heads who don't give a **** about this release or rich kids using mom & dad money

a lot  of consumers would be left out in the dark

yes, a lot of items are highly priced there are still the small items that appeal to some people and that they can reasonably  afford

this isn't rocket science, they just need to formulate a better plan for release.

personally,I think they love the press, as "there is no such thing as bad publicity"

Last edited:

wouldn't be fair though to the supreme audience and most people in general

if you do  have to drop 50k in a year or few months to be VIP, lets be real that's going to be mostly old heads who don't give a **** about this release or rich kids using mom & dad money

a lot  of consumers would be left out in the dark

this isn't rocket science, they just need to formulate a better plan for release.

personally,I think they love the press, as "there is no such thing as bad publicity"
​VIPs don't want this.

They don't care about resale and don't care about Supreme.

I know 4 VIPs, but they're business partners of mine (their wives). I'm not going to create a weird situation for asking to buy a hoodie and shirt with their accounts lol

Last edited:

​VIPs don't want this.

They don't care about resale and don't care about Supreme.
that's my point.

opening it up only  to them would be stupid.

a lot of the users on forums I've read who refer to knowing a VIP, usually are referring to their dad, uncle, aunt.

No one who this release really appeals to.

that's my point.

opening it up only  to them would be stupid.

a lot of the users on forums I've read who refer to knowing a VIP, usually are referring to their dad, uncle, aunt.

No one who this release really appeals to.
Should just release the leather goods / accessories on LV.

Release the ready to wear on Supreme.

Not all VIPS are allowed to get the collection from what I heard.

Sales reps had to "nominate" their VIP clients and corporate chose based on purchase history. 

I also heard that list of nominees was being created as a back up in case certain cities didn't sell out. Apparently they don't understand how Supreme drops work lol

All these cancels. Guess LV management didn't know that their LV customers are different than supreme customers.

Not all VIPS are allowed to get the collection from what I heard.

Sales reps had to "nominate" their VIP clients and corporate chose based on purchase history. 

I also heard that list of nominees was being created as a back up in case certain cities didn't sell out. Apparently they don't understand how Supreme drops work lol
If it didn't sell out...

Good thing I didn't ask anyone to see if they could buy 
roll.gif

Wife missed on CDG shirt this year, I ended up finding one at a good price resale recently, so I'm happy with that and sitting out on LV :smile:

Last edited:
As I stated some things are NOT meant for everyone, regardless if you're a "fan".

People who buy LV on the regular aren't in the same category as people who buy Supreme, plain and simple. It's not about being fair, but you can't be that naive enough to think this would be like a regular supreme drop when they partner up with an extreme luxury brand. This collab was really never aimed at the average fan of either brand.

And it's not about LV being afraid of the crowd but the hypebeasts and resellers that accompany Supreme are not who LV caters too so in turn they shouldn't have to be exposed to the phoockery that accompanies them or the negative press that may and will occur.

Some of you feel simply because you have seasons of supreme in your closet you're "entitled" to purchase this collab but you're really not *shrug*

As I stated some things are NOT meant for everyone, regardless if you're a "fan".

People who buy LV on the regular aren't in the same category as people who buy Supreme, plain and simple. It's not about being fair, but you can't be that naive enough to think this would be like a regular supreme drop when they partner up with an extreme luxury brand. This collab was really never aimed at the average fan of either brand.

And it's not about LV being afraid of the crowd but the hypebeasts and resellers that accompany Supreme are not who LV caters too so in turn they shouldn't have to be exposed to the phoockery that accompanies them or the negative press that may and will occur.

Some of you feel simply because you have seasons of supreme in your closet you're "entitled" to purchase this collab but you're really not *shrug*

FACT.

Most logical post I've seen about this yet. TRUTH.

Welp. I'm glad it was cancelled ahead of time instead of wasting time out in like on Thursday.

However, Louis Vuitton should have known better, especially about Supreme hypebeasts and resellers.

so not true!

a brand that tease a collab 6 months in advance is entitled to receive any kinds of customers from all sprectrum. Noone forced them to collab with Supreme. They felt it will appeal the younger generation into their historic brand. And bingo! Everyone wants a piece of it. Some for resale. Some to wear or to collect. 

Whoever thinks this is not for everyone is playing their game of "selecting" their customers. Again if they didn't want Supreme crowds to wear their stuff they should have never do the collab firsthand. 

On the other hand they LOVE celebs wearing LV now... (bieber, drake, gaga etc), so they use that free advertising and now **** us all. 

F U LV.

I mean it happens for every release, no matter Supreme, LV, Nike ect. Supply and demand mixed with resellers. Would people be camping on Monday, knowing that the hoodie then can cop can be flip for 3 times the retail price?? or the jacket?? I mean its part of the beast.

I love it when people say " ohh I hate re-sellers because they kill the game" Re sellers been around since this started, so they are as much as part of the game, as you the regular consumer.

Last edited:

so not true!

a brand that tease a collab 6 months in advance is entitled to receive any kinds of customers from all sprectrum. Noone forced them to collab with Supreme. They felt it will appeal the younger generation into their historic brand. And bingo! Everyone wants a piece of it. Some for resale. Some to wear or to collect. 

Whoever thinks this is not for everyone is playing their game of "selecting" their customers. Again if they didn't want Supreme crowds to wear their stuff they should have never do the collab firsthand. 

On the other hand they LOVE celebs wearing LV now... (bieber, drake, gaga etc), so they use that free advertising and now **** us all. 

F U LV.
agreed

everyone should have the same opportunity to cop. 

resellers is part of the game

LV should have just had a better game plan to release, not this FCFS nonsense.

Even the original plan where we were allowed to place orders with our SAs in the beginning was a lot better than FCFS.

so not true!
F U LV.

Yes they can receive fans from all walks of life, however it still doesn't mean it's aimed at all of them.

Some perspective:

$500 retail for a shirt. If you're making $25/hour that's 20 hours or HALF your work week you'd be essentially wearing. (FYI that's a $52k a year salary) Sure Nike is pushing the limits of it's kicks into the $400+ range however this is for a plain white t-shirt. Now if that's not a way of selecting your customer than I don't know what is.

And LV doesn't need to appeal to a newer generation, because as you said it celebs love wearing LV and they're all over social media where everyone can see it so people already are exposed to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom