Omri Casspi

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

I can say from seeing him play every night that dude was the steal of the draft.

That part automatically nullifies your statement.

I watched him for the first time last night. When he makes plays they are great (floaters, 3ptrs, getting to the hole), but when he doesn't they'rehorrible (missing most of the rim, missed layups). He's a solid piece for the Kings though.

i thought he was a nobody they drafted and would stay in europe and play but dude has impressed me, seen him play a few times. hes gonna be a nice player in afew years.

dudes has extra swag....
laugh.gif

cf5c4256db57604bdc2260ba7cc8385a-getty-90041752rw043_wizards_kings.jpg

I wanted Memphis to get him with the 27th pick last year because I read scouting reports on his toughness and hard-nose play. I wouldn't consider him aSTEAL because it wasn't like he was a late 2nd rounder. He will definitely be a guy like Matt Harpring who isn't afraid to scrap it up and candefinitely give you 10-12ppg and 5-6rpg mainly off the bench.

Everybody the Kings got, I wanted Memphis to basically pick. Tyreke and Casspi
laugh.gif

^he'll put up more then that if he can start. example, last night.

and he has def. impressed me. Reke+thompson+Omri are great pieces. Hawes+Martin should be traded for some more draft picks or veterans.

Originally Posted by BangDak

and he has def. impressed me. Reke+thompson+Omri are great pieces. Hawes+Martin should be traded for some more draft picks or veterans.

Well last night as an exception. He's not an exceptionally great scorer to average THAT much more. He averages 24 minutes a night. He's just the typeof guy that feeds off other guys and provides energy and hustle. I'll give him 14-15 at the max.

I think they need to trade for some vets. They already going to have cap space this off-season. They still need another PG other than Udrih starting to playbeside Tyreke. Just someone who can shoot and can play off the ball. They also need another center. Okafor would've been perfect for them.

I love his competitiveness. He needs to work on his free throws though, that's the only thing that bugs me about him.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BangDak

Well last night as an exception. He's not an exceptionally great scorer to average THAT much more. He averages 24 minutes a night. He's just the type of guy that feeds off other guys and provides energy and hustle. I'll give him 14-15 at the max.

I think they need to trade for some vets. They already going to have cap space this off-season. They still need another PG other than Udrih starting to play beside Tyreke. Just someone who can shoot and can play off the ball. They also need another center. Okafor would've been perfect for them.
the reason why he played well last night was because he was moved into the starting lineup.

i think they should trade Kmart for sure. Beno+Reke has benefited greatly.

Why people still want the Kings to trade Martin away baffles me. Like can he be given a chance first to mesh with Tyreke? Oh I get it, your team needs the mostefficient scoring SG in the league that can get 30 a game. Haha.

He shoots 3s better than he shoots FTs.
But I'm sure it's because he chokes a little bit at the line. He seems to be a great shooter

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Why people still want the Kings to trade Martin away baffles me. Like can he be given a chance first to mesh with Tyreke? Oh I get it, your team needs the most efficient scoring SG in the league that can get 30 a game. Haha.
He get's 30 a night because he's selfish. What he can do great is draw fouls, that's where most his point come from. When he comesback he needs to really play "team" ball if not he can be selfish somewhere else. But I do agree he needs time on the team to see how we all mesh.Garcia coming back is also a question mark. We can't trade Martin until we can play the whole team together to see if they mesh well or not. If we dodecide to trade him we need to trade for a true center. That's what we lack..

Originally Posted by 49er4Life

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Why people still want the Kings to trade Martin away baffles me. Like can he be given a chance first to mesh with Tyreke? Oh I get it, your team needs the most efficient scoring SG in the league that can get 30 a game. Haha.
He get's 30 a night because he's selfish. What he can do great is draw fouls, that's where most his point come from. When he comes back he needs to really play "team" ball if not he can be selfish somewhere else. But I do agree he needs time on the team to see how we all mesh. Garcia coming back is also a question mark. We can't trade Martin until we can play the whole team together to see if they mesh well or not. If we do decide to trade him we need to trade for a true center. That's what we lack..
LOL. Dude, are you really a Kings fan? How can you call Kevin Martin selfish? Dude is very efficient in getting 30 a game and now he'sselfish. Before Tyreke, who else on the Kings was going to really help him score? Right now, it is time to see if they can play together or not.

Really though, what seems like Martin forcing and trying to draw fouls at the expense of a free-flowing offense was still better than any other Kings playertaking a shot. Remember when Mike Bibby and Ron Artest were still around and Martin was even more efficient at scoring? I really hope he gets back to thatextreme efficiency with Tyreke helping him now.

Back
Top Bottom