On a "that just happened" note...People really asked for Obama's birth certificate though...Wow.

sillyputty

Banned
These past 4 years have been wild.
roll.gif

I don't care what people say...but I really think Obama pushed a lot of people over the edge
roll.gif
they don't even try to hide it any more.

I read something back in 2010 that said the number of militias grew by some ridiculous percentage in response to obama taking office
laugh.gif

hahaha it's not hard to believe. we've undoubtedly progressed.....just not by that much lol
inb4megatron?

sucks when I president their gonna be searching up and down to make sure I'm framed to being born in Mexico

well if you was born in Mexico, you wouldn't be able to be President
laugh.gif

roll.gif
Amazing. He's already close to serving that full term and people still making it an issue.

This country has become a joke. People all over the world used to hate us, now they just laugh at us because of @#$% like this. So embarrassing. It's like half these people don't have an ounce of common sense or intelligence in general.
What's even sadder is that many people in positions of power are actually pretty educated, but they cater to the neanderthal population of this country in exchange future support
sick.gif
  Selling your soul and promoting ignorance instead, just to gain acceptance
30t6p3b.gif

Obama could make gas free and they'd complain that he's hurting the ozone with unlimited vehicle usage. He could open jobs for every single person in the country and they'd find something to nit pick about. Yes you, Fox News.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Obama could make gas free and they'd complain that he's hurting the ozone with unlimited vehicle usage. He could open jobs for every single person in the country and they'd find something to nit pick about. Yes you, Fox News.
This

4 more years!!!!!

"The jobs that Obama has opened up aren't permanent. They're useless; after 3 months, they're gonna be unemployed again"

If Obama gets reelected, I want him to go into full heel mode. I want him to not give a single @#$% and just roast Republicans on a daily basis. Hopefully he's played the "nice, compromising guy" role just to make sure he gets re-elected and gets to really do work in his 2nd term

Originally Posted by M4rioL

sucks when I president their gonna be searching up and down to make sure I'm framed to being born in Mexico

With this type of English, you may have no defense.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

People all over the world used to hate us, now they just laugh at us because of @#$% like this.
Who are these people that laugh at the USA but don't have cause to laugh at themselves? This episode was certainly preposterous but there are untenable moments in the political sphere of every country. 

Originally Posted by HankMoody

People all over the world used to hate us, now they just laugh at us because of @#$% like this.
Who are these people that laugh at the USA but don't have cause to laugh at themselves? This episode was certainly preposterous but there are untenable moments in the political sphere of every country. 
That's true, but when you constantly claim to be the best, most advanced, most diverse, most accepting, most progressive, etc country in the world, you open yourself up to more ridicule when things like this happen.
We always trash other countries about not being diverse or accepting, yet we're arguing over whether or not the President was born in the U.S.

"The jobs that Obama has opened up aren't permanent. They're useless; after 3 months, they're gonna be unemployed again"

If Obama gets reelected, I want him to go into full heel mode. I want him to not give a single @#$% and just roast Republicans on a daily basis. Hopefully he's played the "nice, compromising guy" role just to make sure he gets re-elected and gets to really do work in his 2nd term

I just want to see the Angry Black Man stereotype come out. 

Sidenote: I hope Santorum wins the nomination. Obama would drag that fool. 
roll.gif

It's not that surprising at all. When you can't seem to find anything to discredit him over (word to that thread u made a couple days ago), you try to invent stuff.

That's true, but when you constantly claim to be the best, most advanced, most diverse, most accepting, most progressive, etc country in the world, you open yourself up to more ridicule when things like this happen.

It's difficult to judge other places according to those metrics because they aren't simultaneously as diverse and as prosperous as the USA. I can't think of one country that would be a suitable comparison. 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I just want to see the Angry Black Man stereotype come out. 

Sidenote: I hope Santorum wins the nomination. Obama would drag that fool. 
roll.gif
I want him to "do" these memes in real life

25050d1304624478-obama-releases-long-form-birth-certificate-gal_meme_21.jpg

6a00d83451f25369e201538e4ae2e3970b-800wi

it still gets me when everyone goes "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH" when the republican congressman yells "you lie" haha what a damn fool

This situation or the fact it was a situation is kind of our current political climate in a nutshell

It's difficult to judge other places according to those metrics because they aren't simultaneously as diverse and as prosperous as the USA. I can't think of one country that would be a suitable comparison. 
What I'm saying is those are the things we always bring up to "prove" our superiority. We always try to project the image that the US is the perfect nation. When this kinda stuff happens, it just goes to show that we're not really that great of a country compared to the rest of the world.

Just take a democracy like India for example. Pretty much the entire population is Hindu, yet the president of the Congress Party is Sonia Gandhi, who is an Italian-born Catholic (bornEdvige Antonia Albina Maino) and is one of the most influental figures of the entire country. The Prime Minister of India is Sikh, and the and past presidents have been Muslim (in a country that is bitter enemies with Pakistan). Don't get me wrong, there's still alot of prejudice and racism that occurs there, but at least they know when to put it aside in order to improve the country. Yet in a "1st world country" like the U.S., we're busy debating with fools about Obama being Muslim, being born in Kenya, etc

lol I'm saying they'll try to say i was born in Mexico with a fake Mexican birth certificate. born here man. Actually would only want to be Prez to know all the secrets

What I'm saying is those are the things we always bring up to "prove" our superiority. We always try to project the image that the US is the perfect nation. When this kinda stuff happens, it just goes to show that we're not really that great of a country compared to the rest of the world.

Just take a democracy like India for example. Pretty much the entire population is Hindu, yet the president of the Congress Party is Sonia Gandhi, who is an Italian-born Catholic (bornEdvige Antonia Albina Maino) and is one of the most influental figures of the entire country. The Prime Minister of India is Sikh, and the and past presidents have been Muslim (in a country that is bitter enemies with Pakistan). Don't get me wrong, there's still alot of prejudice and racism that occurs there, but at least they know when to put it aside in order to improve the country. Yet in a "1st world country" like the U.S., we're busy debating with fools about Obama being Muslim, being born in Kenya, etc

America is not perfect. No one with a serious opinion suggests this. 
But India? That place is rife with ethnic difficulties. Just look at what happened at the Jaipur Literary Festival. That is just one instance worthy of disgust. Improve their country? India's economy is deteriorating. And Anna Hazare's crusade surely rings a bell?

It's very easy to throw stones at any country. 

America is not perfect. No one with a serious opinion suggests this. 
But India? That place is rife with ethnic difficulties. Just look at what happened at the Jaipur Literary Festival. That is just one instance worthy of disgust. Improve their country? India's economy is deteriorating. And Anna Hazare's crusade surely rings a bell?

It's very easy to throw stones at any country. 

I already mentioned that India has those problems, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think Americans in general act all high and mighty compared to every other country on earth. We always brag about being the melting pot of the world and giving every foreigner an equal opportunity. We always talk about being the keepers of justice (
roll.gif
). That's been the way we've been attracting foreigners for centuries now
laugh.gif
Whatever, I guess any criticism of this country is invalid because we're "prosperous"
laugh.gif

It's been better here for foreigners than most places. I don't see how you can refute this. The USA has been a foreign talent magnet for much of the past century.
If the USA is not the melting pot of the world and if such a thing exists, which country is?
On justice, well, recent high-profile articles by Former Justice John Paul Stevens and Adam Gopnik have freshly unearthed the problems of racial bias and privatization. But that isn't what you want to discuss now is it?

You seem to be only interested in refuting hyperbole. On that end, you've done a marvelous job. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom