On average how many hours do you look at a screen per day

Ever since I started working out of college, I been looking at a screen prob 9+ hours a day.

My job requires me to literally look at a computer 8 hours a day. Add looking at my phone/TV and thats easily 9+ hours a day.

I swear thats making eyes strained even more and more man smh :smh:

Highkey wanna get out of IT so I can stop looking at a computer all day

Way too many, feel like my eyes are going because of computer and iPhone screens. I'm ****ed.

un-plug yourself out the matrix If you don’t your only a prisoner of your own mind and until then your just cog in the system.

#Staywoke

Lots - depends on the day but I've been sitting from 9-3:30 so far staring at a laptop. On a normal day it's more on and off.

As an eye doctor that doesn't bother me one bit though. Using your eyes doesn't make them worse. It can cause strain (particularly if you need glasses and you aren't wearing them) but it doesn't cause your eyes to degrade - either health wise or by making you need glasses.
Wearing glasses can remove strain and taking breaks helps too - looking into the distance relaxes the focussing mechanism. It's best to start that early in the day rather than waiting until your eyes are sore - it's easier to prevent than to undo.

With time your natural ability to focus gets worse - and that's why people get reading glasses usually in their 40s. That's not because they used their eyes though - it just happens.

The stuff out there about radiation from screens causing problems is nonsense too. They have proven that blue light can damage retinal cells - but the last study I saw was using cells in a test tube and tons of light - the exposure you get being outside on a regular day for a few minutes blows away the amount you would get from looking at a screen all day. So, anyone trying to sell you special glasses to protect your eyes may as well be selling you snake oil.

Too many. I take my dog for a walk in a state park on Sundays and I feel a whole lot healthier and happier than when I'm glued to my screen at work 9-5.

I don't spend much time at all on my phone.

Get the Twilight, f.lux, or CF.lumen app for your phone and PC. It will filter out the blue light which disrupts our circadian rhythm in the evening and switches to a warmer red light as the day progresses.

You can do eye exercises. There are 6 muscles attached to the eye so it would behoove us to exercise them. Staring close range at a fixated object for long periods is unnatural and can cause strain.

Last edited:
Way too many, feel like my eyes are going because of computer and iPhone screens. I'm ****ed.

Same here. I always find myself taking walks around the office/bathroom trips just to give my eyes a rest during the day.

a lot...i do my usual 9-5 gig at work 8 hours right there in front of the screen Mon-Fri... on my downtime im at home chillin on the computer and watching tv until i go to sleep

All days basically. I work on a computer then relax at home watching sports or a movie

Back
Top Bottom