On Lying To Women, and Whether It's Necessary at Times

Originally Posted by StuntHard

Originally Posted by Nako XL

yes. good luck when she sees those group pics though. you wanna talk about conflict and stress? try explaining to what sounds like an overly suspicious girlfriend why you lied even though you did nothing wrong.

She saw the group pics a few hours ago, and sent me a text that reads, "you are a F-- liar!!! and you wonder why I don't trust you..."

I told her I lied because I was trying to avoid the b--------, and bam... b-------- commences.

If I felt like I could tell her the truth, I would, no doubt.

It just seems like telling her the truth leaves me with a headache, whereas telling her a lie results in either no headache, or the same headache I would have if I would have told her the truth in the first place. Might as well try to circumvent that initial headache.

I don't like lying, but I loathe arguing.

EDIT: don't know if you can say b------- on NT anymore.
Thats the story of our lives fam. Thats just part of being a man in a relationship... 
Every man gets caught up in some **#% like that, whether its serious or not. You girl will always take it over 9000. 

You just gotta learn to calm her the hell down and gain back control over the situation. 

You thought logically, she thought emotionally. Right now its her- 1, you- 0.

Now you have to logically rationalize the situation through emotions to overcome her estrogen filled anger. 

so i apologized for lying, and basically said that I would tell the whole truth, regardless of whether it hurt or not.

we agreed on this, and then later on, she asked me if i wanted to take couples pics this weekend.

i replied with a swift "absolutely not".

after this, she asked if I would like to go out to eat with her and her homegirls.

once again, a swift "hell naw".

this hurt her feelings, and then we had to have a talk about how "white lies" are critical for maintaining affiliative social bonds, etc...

i can't win for losing, smh

It's all innocent and for the "best" until troy is sucking on your woman's breast. O.p. lies attract lies and it leads to a +%#!@ that looks like plies mixing up your woman's pourage between her thighs. All that deceit is gonna lead to another man's semen where you sleep. False stories lead to random "holes" lead by "glory." It's all an innocent game until she screams out her personal trainers name. My point o.p. is that you are setting yourself up for a good old devastating tale. When deception enters into a relationship it usually opens the door for a outside sources inception. The only problem is a Brotha isn't gonna be peeling back the 3 levels of a dream, he is gonna go get one hole and leave the other two for his team.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif
@ My man Deuce. Don't let folks take pictures of you man. Treat yourself as if you are The Big O and you are always at a strip club. Don't let folks take pics man

But to answer the OQ

(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)The day I lie to my beautiful wife is the day that I take my life (/(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)

Wow chill dc. Too much personal
Ya'll should report this dude, he's on ya'll jock constantly(harassment as he'd call it), because this petty coward does when you call him on his bull more than once.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

pimp.gif
@ My man Deuce. Don't let folks take pictures of you man. Treat yourself as if you are The Big O and you are always at a strip club. Don't let folks take pics man

But to answer the OQ

(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)The day I lie to my beautiful wife is the day that I take my life (/(KSteezy + Washington Wayne)

Wow chill dc. Too much personal

The same name use in your videos/blogs that you post here on NT. My fault for being too personal. 
laugh.gif

Let me get this straight:
You lie to avoid an argument. Sooner or later the lie will be revealed causing an EVEN BIGGER and probably LONGER argument. Why not tell the truth and get the argument out the way?

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

I don't get the point of lying in the first place. Why go through all the hassle of covering something up only to have it come back and kick you in the #+% three times as hard. To me, it's just not worth it. I'd rather keep it real and face the repercussions right then and there then [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]than[/color] to have to turn back and try to justify my lying.
smile.gif

Smart man. We all do it. Details are for females.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

It's all innocent and for the "best" until troy is sucking on your woman's breast. O.p. lies attract lies and it leads to a +%#!@ that looks like plies mixing up your woman's pourage between her thighs. All that deceit is gonna lead to another man's semen where you sleep. False stories lead to random "holes" lead by "glory." It's all an innocent game until she screams out her personal trainers name. My point o.p. is that you are setting yourself up for a good old devastating tale. When deception enters into a relationship it usually opens the door for a outside sources inception. The only problem is a Brotha isn't gonna be peeling back the 3 levels of a dream, he is gonna go get one hole and leave the other two for his team.

I used to hate you back when you used to write bible verses upon verses but since you cut down on the walls of text and got right to meat of your sermon I must say sir you have been on point lately.
pimp.gif

I went to a birthday party for one of the homies this past weekend, and my girl asked me where the party was. It started at the barber shop, then we went to the club.

I told her I went to the barber shop, but not the club, which was a lie.

I didn't do anything wrong at the club, didn't even drink. Just ate, took group pics, and bounced. It was unnecessary for me to lie, but I did anyway.

I lied in order to reduce the chance of having an argument about me going out. Even though I didn't do anything wrong, I felt like that was the best way to avoid that altercation. Lie, or have a 30 minute argument over something of little importance.

I try to live an honest life, but sometimes I feel like I have to lie in order to keep conflict over trivial BS to a minimum. I know this is wrong, but a lie comes out before I even get the chance to assess the situation.

Lying is wrong; I know this. But do you feel that it is necessary at times to reduce conflict/stress, or should you be unconditionally truthful with women, regardless of circumstances?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

OP lied because he don't want his girl going clubbing since he went clubbing.

You don't gotta lie to us famb. You avoided the club part out to her, because that'll give the opportunity to club out too!

You can't handle any of that! You can't handle imagining the fact that multiple dudes will offer to buy her drinks, caress her hair, kiss her neck and grind all up in that !*%!

if she cant understand you, why are you with her?

id rather tell the truth, because lying just digs you deeper and deeper into a hole that is hard to get out.

Originally Posted by youngdoc

I should also add that I've cheated on her before, about a year ago. This is where the distrust stems from. I was remorseful for that, and didn't do it again.

My dilemma at this point is whether my energy would be better spent patching holes in this boat, or finding a new boat.

You shouldn't lie about any situation where you could be cheating again with that history

Hol' up... OP also cheated on her? And he is STILL with her... A year later?

I don't think you the know how the mind of a woman works. And if you don't, you better start catching hints now! Because best believe, she's getting wrecked as soon as gets off the phone.

She's getting both Mandingo and Lexington Steele all UP IN THAT COOCHIE!

withholding information =/= lying.

shouldn't be a big deal anyway. sometimes i do that too. it's not worth the argument.

if my gf keeps texting me nonstop at night, and im enjoying a nice movie im watching, ill tell her im going to bed
laugh.gif

problem fixed
pimp.gif

Shouldn't have lied about that. The pics will be posted somewhere which means she can eventually see them. If she does, this argument will be worse than the one that would have taken place originally. 

so i apologized for lying, and basically said that I would tell the whole truth, regardless of whether it hurt or not.

we agreed on this, and then later on, she asked me if i wanted to take couples pics this weekend.

i replied with a swift "absolutely not".

after this, she asked if I would like to go out to eat with her and her homegirls.

once again, a swift "hell naw".

this hurt her feelings, and then we had to have a talk about how "white lies" are critical for maintaining affiliative social bonds, etc...

i can't win for losing, smh

I chuckled

Originally Posted by gameovertripleh

withholding information =/= lying.

shouldn't be a big deal anyway. sometimes i do that too. it's not worth the argument.
Lying by omission 

Back
Top Bottom