Online Poker Appreciation Post

Alright, so just last week I figured I'd do something I've been wanting to for a while, throw some money on pokerstars and see what happens. I went outand got a $50 prepaid visa card since thats about the only way to get started from what I've been reading. I deposited $25 and hit the .25/.50 & .50/1tables and have been doing pretty well so far. I've got ~450 in my account and I'm averaging about $75 a day.

If anyone has any tips or wants to add anything about online poker, I'm interested. Thanks.

cash out now... no really.. do it.. you will thank me later... but i know you're not going to listen...

I play at pokerstars, and dretheman, thanks but i'm waiting untill I hit 500, or drop to 300 to cash it out

air23jordan45 wrote:
I play at pokerstars, and dretheman, thanks but i'm waiting untill I hit 500, or drop to 300 to cash it out

That's what i would do. Whats the screen name? My sn is lalakerfan1
happy.gif
, but i rarely play anymore.

Originally Posted by air23jordan45

is pokerstars free?

yeah i would cash out but leave 50-100 so you can keep playing. i want to start out again but i am having such bad luck the past few weeks. lost 200 last weekat morongos
smh.gif

congrats on that fam. when i first started out i lost about 3000. had to sell my ds space jams and all that to keep playing. it was horrible. right now imreading harrington on hold'em. tryna get back into this. i might try it your way starting at low limit. money management is my biggest weakness. once i hitlike 100 then i started to play 20 dollar tournaments and ill stay at that level trying to catch up.

oh and how long did it take to have the money in your account using a prepaid visa? and where do i cop one of those? after they shut down neteller ive usedepassporte but that was takin me a week to see the money in my pokerstars account. ineed a quicker solution.

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

you made 25$ into 450$?
sick.gif
mad.gif
Yes, i am mad

Online Poker is the devil. talk about losing a bankroll online
Actually it was $50 to $450, and why would you be mad?

SuperSaiyan, thanks man... and about those visa's.. it took less than 5 minutes to show up on my account. To find out where you can get one go here:https://www.allaccessgift.com and enter your zip under that location finder.

LALAKERFAN, it was actually $25 to $450 because i kept half the money back incase things didn't work out.

Cash out now..listen to everyone because people have been in your position. I went from $20 to $500 in one night and lost everything. I kept raising the bar ofwhen I would cash out, and once I lost some of it i thought "hey, i need to win it all back". Next thing you know i lost it all. This has happened tome multiple times and has happened to pretty much most of the people i know (although not that drastic of a loss). I tend to notice huge hot streaks when ifirst deposit and then instantly you are cold and cannot win a pot

its all about patience and waitin for the right hands. people do win on pstars. i had one friend win 10k along with a trip to dublin, came back from dublin,and won another trip to copenhagen. he won both for only 5$ tournament entry for the european poker tour. My other friend won 187,000 in the sunday millionabout a year ago which he got about 110k after tax.

You should cash out $400 of that and start over with the $50.
Money management is the key to being a successful gambler.

so its legal to play on line for real money on pokerstars ? my brother has party poker on his comp and we were going to play with some real money but when wewent to add it, they said it was illegal since we were in the us....?

Originally Posted by supmyhats2big

its all about patience and waitin for the right hands. people do win on pstars. i had one friend win 10k along with a trip to dublin, came back from dublin, and won another trip to copenhagen. he won both for only 5$ tournament entry for the european poker tour. My other friend won 187,000 in the sunday million about a year ago which he got about 110k after tax.

Damn, I thought they did not tax online gambling yet.

Cant play party poker if from the US.

lakerfan, the 187k he won counts as short term gains which they tax about 40% of. like if you win the lottery.

edit- my friend who won the 10k didn't report it on his income and didn't get taxed for it.he also blew through the 10k in about 3 months andhasn't worked in over a year. f'in bumb.

It is very easy to blow a lot of money playing poker online. Every game and stakes are a few clicks away. I like playing sit n go's, but they can hurt thebank roll just as bad as live money. Money management is key even though it is easier said then done.

edit: could your friend who won 187k have cashed out out like $900 everyday via check without getting taxed?

Well, as many thought would come, my hot streak has slowed and my bank is decreasing.. I'm taking advice of many of you, and I'm cashing out around 3oclock today.

Started with 25, was all the way up to 530.. had 2 horrible beats and now at 315..

Thanks, and lets keep this going.. i'm interested in what everyone thinks and how everyone plays online.

what games are you playing that got you from $25 all the way to $530? the .25/.50 and .50/1.00 sit and go's the whole time?

Back
Top Bottom