online shopping

haha poy
smile.gif
isa lang ito.. pili ka, kaliwa o kanan? jk

So for online orders, try to avail of other shipping options other than EMS ... malabo EMS dito sa atin...

^^^ Well, they figured that the people who use EMS are those who are well off as EMS is the most expensive post office shipping method. I guess that's thereason they scrutinize EMS shipments.

Here in CDO though, they scrutinize ALL packages regardless of whether it's EMS, Priority or Regular Airmail. The sheer volume of the shipments in Luzonforces the BOC officials to be more discriminating though and so there are better options. I guess Priority Mail would be a better shipping option for you guysthere.

I usually say to the seller, use Priority Mail instead of Express Mail, it's much cheaper.. The only Cons of Priority Mail, is that it takes 2weeks to1month before it'll be delivered to your house or you pick it up at your local post office... Saan ka? Sa may Tax o sa Wala... It depends on your craving(kun gaano ka nangagati na maisuot o makita kaagad) on the item that you bought... ika nga "PATIENCE IS VIRTUE"...

Another News Re: Customs

Top brass to resolve sacked Customs officers's appeal
09/08/2009 | 12:10 PM
Email this Email the Editor Print | | More

The body formed by the attrition law to review the tax and Customs bureaus' collection performance will decide on its meeting Thursday on the appeal ofthree Customs officials, Finance Secretary Margarito B. Teves said.

Port of Manila customs officials Antonio Arrojo, Nicolas Bejar and Arthur Sevilla Jr. filed a motion for reconsideration last month before the RevenuePerformance Evaluation Board (RPEB), headed by the Finance chief.

"Pending resolution of the motion for reconsideration, Customs Commissioner Napoleon Morales has relieved these officials from their position and put themon floating status," Teves said.

The biggest contributor to the bureau's collection, the Port of Manila fell short of its P74.68 billion target by nearly P6 billion.

Two Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) officials were dismissed from service effective November 2008 in accordance with Republic Act 9335, otherwise known as theLateral Attrition Act. These were revenue district officer (RDO) Julieta Makilan of Bacolod City and officer-in-charge RDO Josefino Ong of Bontoc .

"The attrition act is seen as a measure not only to encourage revenue personnel in improving their collection but also to strengthen governance in theseagencies through a system of rewards and sanctions," Teves said.

Revenue collection in 2007 fell short by 7.5 percent as provided by the law. Collection districts are entitled to cash and non-cash rewards if they exceedtargets, while revenue officials may be subjected to demotion, reassignment, or dismissal if they fall short of target.

The RPEB has yet to receive the 2008 performance review from BIR and BoC.

The board also consists of heads of Department of Budget and Management, the National Economic and Development Authority and the commissioners of the BIR andBOC. - Ruby Anne M. Rubio, GMANews.TV

Now they are laying off people just to hit their collection targets. This is bad news for shoeheads who purchase from abroad regularly....and now evenoccassionally

Back to local releases nalang tayo hehehehehehe

On another note, I feel bad for those customs officers who were retrenched. What if they really can't meet their quota due to low collection? They'rehelpless against it. May pinapakain din naman silang mga pamilya.
frown.gif

some of my items that i receive before was opened and it was repacked again. although they admit that they opened my package, they didn't charge meextra or tax me but getting your stuff opened by somebody else is a bit annoying.
i think it's absurd that others are tax by customs every time they have some stuff coming in. i know they only do this randomly but even if they alreadyknow you as a "regular", they won't use that excuse and do it on a purpose just to make that hustle...

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

I usually say to the seller, use Priority Mail instead of Express Mail, it's much cheaper.. The only Cons of Priority Mail, is that it takes 2weeks to 1month before it'll be delivered to your house or you pick it up at your local post office... Saan ka? Sa may Tax o sa Wala... It depends on your craving (kun gaano ka nangagati na maisuot o makita kaagad) on the item that you bought... ika nga "PATIENCE IS VIRTUE"...

tama Engr..mahal maging atat..
grin.gif

Got my packaged this morning.. Marilao Post Office FTW! they charged me only 35 pesos..

thanks.. nope di na tinignan, the lady already knew that it was shoes coz I think it is my 4th/5th time getting my package there, and 35 pesos always..

gijace wrote:
thanks.. nope di na tinignan, the lady already knew that it was shoes coz I think it is my 4th/5th time getting my package there, and 35 pesos always..

that's what I'm saying. if they already know you as as a "regular" they won't hustle you anymore.. well of course, get that envelopeready come holidays season just to show them your appreciation
wink.gif

As long as the shoes are declared not more than $$40 or 30, it won't be taxed particularly at your local post office (buksan man or hindi)... Based lang saakin experience... Yun nga lang, there's always a first time and wag lang mapunta sa EMS Pasay...

^^co-sign with you flashout01..

^sir i3asuncion, there was a time when I picked up a package on EMS Pasay and they also charged me 35 pesos.. declared value was $100.. guess I was a littlelucky that time.

Originally Posted by Flashout01

gijace wrote:

that's what I'm saying. if they already know you as as a "regular" they won't hustle you anymore.. well of course, get that envelope ready come holidays season just to show them your appreciation
wink.gif

same here 5th time.... btw Tita ko yun nasa Post Office here in Pakil Laguna..i don't think na i-charge niya ako ng ganun..sabi may nakalagay na collectdun sa sobre.mukhang di nga din niya alam sabi dumaan daw sa customs ..then money order nila yun binayad ko na P1,488 sa pinanggalingan nun..
eyes.gif
nakakatawa nilagyan pa ng 2 old magazines ng seller yun package kaya bumigat pa lalo..
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

airpopoy, sakin naman nilagyan ng newspaper na "welcome to taiwan", good thing may malaking picture si meagan fox dun sa entertainment section ithink..
laugh.gif

^Well, it shows pala na timing timing lang or depende sa mood ng customs ang pag charge ng Tax... Unless pag kita palang ng name mo, pera na kaagad ang naiisipnila...

Originally Posted by arsure

how long does it usually take for customs to hold your package?

What do you mean? If the shipper used EMS for shipping, you will receive a notice from the post office that you need to pick up your package in their officeafter a couple of days... In my case (QC area), I was told to go to their Pasay Office... After paying the taxes and/or 35 pesos storage (?) fee, they willrelease your package right away...

^^ I don't quite understand your question but I think customs people go to the post office everyday to check on international arrivals. So I would say fromthe time it arrives to the time it's held for taxation, it's like 24 hours. It will be held until someone pays for the custom duties and taxes. If noone pays for the taxes, I believe the package is confiscated by customs. Not too sure about that though

Philpost will send you 3 notices ... if still unclaimed, it will be sent back to the shipper... yun ang alam ko...

i once got taxed 6-7k for 2 pairs of shoes
laugh.gif
the person who sent em tome got careless and declared that they were over 200USD each
laugh.gif

oh well.

shipper used the US post office, in their status the package is with the phil customs. It's been there since Sept 2. I have not received any notice yet.

Arsure, wait for a couple more days and then call Philpost if there's still no notice ... The notice is just a small piece of paper, like a 3"x5"index card

Back
Top Bottom