Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II ??????

Sorry if I'm late on any updates, but is this shh still droppin? I haven't heard no word in months! Did it get pushed back so Rae could do the Wuthing???
Any info appreciated

the last word was 1st or 2nd quarter of 08 but aftermath is playin their normal games so ill be happy to get this before 2010
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Plan Beats

+%@@ DRE
Exactly! I'm not too excited that he's co-producing this with Rza. I think Dre is vastly overrated these days and is a big reason Kingdom Comewas a disaster imo.

Whenever it drops, people will be sadly disappointed. It's taken WAY too long, and the anticipation is kind of done. And if you're like me, you'rethinking "if it took this long, that joint better be a effin' masterpiece". Annnnd, it probably won't be.

Same goes for Dre's "Detox".

Yall do know the album is already done right? Im betting this leaks and Rae has to do it over I got a feeling it might not have been as good from the songs Iheard that leaked, hopefully he goes back in the lab seeing that he on the shelf but he might be serious with that Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang album

smokin.gif

in the time since cuban linx 2 was rumored to come out, there have been like 4 ghostface albums and two jay z albums.

i don't understand what the hold up is. as far as i'm concerned, it's not coming out. he'l make a new album on koch, and release that beforecuban linx hits the streets.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

in the time since cuban linx 2 was rumored to come out, there have been like 4 ghostface albums and two jay z albums.

i don't understand what the hold up is. as far as i'm concerned, it's not coming out. he'l make a new album on koch, and release that before cuban linx hits the streets.

The album is under contract of Aftermath, thats why. Since that time there's been the Curtis album and the Re-Up album, Aftermath is a graveyard andRae is on the shelf like he just got in the game.
smh.gif

smokin.gif

That's because Jay-Z is the president of Def Jam and can drop whatever and whenever he wants. As far as Ghost goes, I really think it's because nobodyis stupid enough to piss him off so they let him drop whenever he wants too.

heard some leaked tracks,,, not bad. but i still say the album shouldnt be caled "cuban linx 2" because,,, its not going to be a hip hop classic likethe purple tape.

same way nas shouldnt try to do a illmatic 2,,,,,,,,,,,,, jay shouldnt try to do a reasonal doubt 2, etc.

in the words of nas "but its always fwd im movin"

I agree with Pastor ... But for someone like Rae who has pretty much lost his hype except to Wu fans, then he would never have gained so much attention forthis album if it was named otherwise

...never backwards stupid here's another classic

I mean he did name his album stILLMATIC, I dunno if you can use that quote in this situation

i know he is on aftermath, that's the point. why do albums go to die on that label? what the hell are they doing over there that every album gets pushedback until infinity? it's annoying.

if rae had signed with def jam, this album would have come out YEARS ago. i remember being in high school i first heard about cuban linx 2. that was a whileago.

and who would be dumb enough to piss off rae? son wears wolf shirts. iovine better recognize.

I highly doubt this album sees the light on day on the shelves, we might find it on the net someday though. I'm not sure why Rae would even link up withAftermath in the first place, he didn't see how they did Rakim back in the day. Not a smart business move on Rae's part, not to mention its a bad ideafor him to even name this album Cuban Linx II, he's already setting himself and his fans up for a let down. Just about everybody holds Cuban Linx in highregard so mentally people would already be expecting big things from this album, but I just don't see it happened.

seriously, i think he's naming it cuban linx 2 just so people will think that it's on par with the first one.

like onyx and bacdaf**up pt. 2.

then you get the record and it sucks. it's false advertisement.

I hope Dre isn't overly involved with this project
You not the only one. Who the eff thought Dre would be a good fit for a concept album like this???????? He's a single type producer. Doc Dre& Cuban Linx??? NAH!

Don't really care for it no more.

Been pushed back so far... (insert some type of response about something or someone's hairline).

Like other's have stated by the time it does come out it won't live up to the hype.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

i know he is on aftermath, that's the point. why do albums go to die on that label? what the hell are they doing over there that every album gets pushed back until infinity? it's annoying.

if rae had signed with def jam, this album would have come out YEARS ago. i remember being in high school i first heard about cuban linx 2. that was a while ago.

and who would be dumb enough to piss off rae? son wears wolf shirts. iovine better recognize.

Because in the end, for Interscope/Aftermath, it's ALL about the $$$$$$$$$$. I've gotta believe that Iovine has more to do with that than Dre, but heain't off the hook completely.

I have no idea why this dude wanted to work with Aftermath anyways. Dre is ill, without a doubt. But the styles of Rae and Dre are just so damn different. It'd be one thing if the album wasn't name Cuban Linx II--then work with him all you want. But when you attach that name to it, and I see"Aftermath", all I think of is a wack album.

Yeh, I've always wondered why albums on Aftermath never see the light of day ... I was looking fwd to Bishop Lamont's album but probably will not getto hear it until 2020.

Back
Top Bottom