"ONLY THE STRONG" -Top 5 Capoeira Movie of All Time- Disagree? Capoeira Me Bro!!!

Masterpiece from 1993.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Like Michelle Pfeiffer's Dangerous Minds...but with way more kicks and attitude!!!
  Chairman from Iron Chef saving those kids from Lincoln High

Love this isshhh - used to sing that "Bannnana waaaaa" before I would kick my homies upside their head something quick 

Originally Posted by aznjmacan

Love this isshhh - used to sing that "Bannnana waaaaa" before I would kick my homies upside their head something quick 
YES! I, too, thought it was, "Bannnana waaaaa", for years until a couple of hours ago.
Come to find out it's, "Paranaue"
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif
Oh well, bannnana waaaaa!!!

Originally Posted by richiecotite

top 5 capoeira movies of all time?

are there even 5 capoeira movies??
laugh.gif

Watched this on Netflix last week. This was my %*#% when I was younger
pimp.gif

Man I used to love this movie..I'd watch it everytime it came on USA Up All Night or late night TBS..

Right!
laugh.gif

I was never into this stuff nor even heard of it until a couple of years ago....

Movie looks dope though.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

What's does capoeira mean?
You serious, bro?
Watch the movie or capoeira yourself, b.
All will be explained.

In my opinion, this film is THE #1, premier capoeira movie, the Dylan of capoeira movies, takes all 5 spots.
But this is the internet, though.
In case there's an incredibly hard-lined capoeira fanatic out there, and you know there is, there won't be a need for argument if he feels differently.

This movie was a staple of my youth... it was ALWAYS on HBO... and naturally, I always had to watch it.

My brother and I wasted too many hours imitating the fighting in the movie. Plus it's so damn catchy to listen to.

It has all the elements of an awesome late 80s, early 90s movie. Inner-city tough kids, teacher who tries to change them, cartoonish bad guy, equally ridiculous conflicts and resolutions, and just awful dialogue.

I love it.

eek.gif
I forgot all about this.

That flick was a total mind blower for me back then.I was like "wait a minute... these cats are fighting... but dancing... WHILE FIGHTING!!!!".

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It has all the elements of an awesome late 80s, early 90s movie. Inner-city tough kids, teacher who tries to change them, cartoonish bad guy, equally ridiculous conflicts and resolutions, and just awful dialogue.

I love it.
But you know what set it apart from all the rest...aside from the capoeira and a part-Asian lead?
They killed the kid trying to save the instruments from the fire.
It was so unexpected as a kid, made me believe s___ was about to pop off, and it sure did.

Yoooo I was addicted to this film as a child. And that song will forever be embedded in my head.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I love it.
But you know what set it apart from all the rest...aside from the capoeira and a part-Asian lead?
They killed the kid trying to save the instruments from the fire.
It was so unexpected as a kid, made me believe s___ was about to pop off, and it sure did.
Thanks for the spoiler brah. I was gonna watch too.

pimp.gif
the song was tough. they turned the song into a bboy song back when i used to break i killed it. its called Black Noise- keep on dancing.

I remember the trailer as a kid and that spinning flip kick had me like
eek.gif
. Def a cool movie, but just horrendous acting.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Thanks for the spoiler brah. I was gonna watch too.
Watching and hearing references of Fredo's betrayal in cartoons and other movies didn't stop me from watching the Godfather series.
Before you even ask if I'm comparing this to the Godfather series....yes, yes I am.
You're doing yourself and the world of capoeira a disservice by not viewing this film.

"Hey look at this, the childrens are back from the plaaaaaygrouuuund."

That line always had me
laugh.gif

I always enjoyed watching this movie. Thanks for bringing me back.

man i miss taking capoeira classes and sparring with my cousin...he's a few belts in. its a workout and a half, full body, but you feel +++!$%* great doing it. mad fun too plus looking at pros doing it is
eek.gif
i remember during one session, one of the old masters was up for a vist from brazil and he changed his shirt to get ready to take part in the class. dude was like 70 but ripped like bruce wayne, no ayo. i mean this guy mustve been doing it since he was still breastfeeding. never seen a senior in such shape in my life
30t6p3b.gif

....and dude could still move too
30t6p3b.gif

I remember I lost my damn mind when the Mazda Zoom commercials used ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM
SMH

Back
Top Bottom