open sketch thread

My version of the J XXII

Myeah, not 100% satisfied. Tell me what you think.

img4953rd0.jpg

lol now that I look at em I think they're both pretty ugly...

Oh well, I did them this morning at 3.30 coz I couldnt sleep coz of jet lag.

I'll get some better stuff soon.

HMM prince you got good ideas but the proportions are off.
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Quote:
Tokes, do you work as a designer somewhere?

not yet, hopefully that chages soon...

whuts good arch, i think i leaning that way too, but none of these really jump out at me, lets see if i get something done this weekend...
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Here's the second version of my XX2, I tried to lose some of the 21 connections and translate the B2 more subtly.
Jordan XX2
4 carbon fiber heel inserts (the B2 can attack up to 4 targets in a mission), ankle eyelet inspired by exhaust vent on B2, forefoot phylon midsole cut up into triangles resembling "Double-W" shape of B2, and adds flexibility and responsiveness. Rounded toe mimics the B2's radar-deflecting form. Heel IPS has three interchangable pillars for big-men, guards, and for after game (inspired by flight modes on B2, go-to-war, take off, and land.)
219npzm.jpg

And those are just sketches.
I'll try to post a full rendering when I get back from vacation...

def prince keep at, try tracing over an image of an actual shoe to see where you might be off at...

ak47, it is always good to see those thinking sketches, sweet stuff! your aj seems quite detailed and busy one thing about the currrent j's is that they are really simplified and focus more on small detailing elegant styling...good stuff though

more dwade stuff

dwade1.jpg

adidas b-ball sketches, partway inspired by the and1 edge shoe...

freeStylin.jpg

lately i been drawin' characters, these are based on my conceptions on the sort of hypebeast shoe culture, and from that i started thinking of something with i am more aligned with: the hoopbeast, it is a lil' cheesy but i want to do more of em'...

hypebeast_004.JPG

Those Hoopbeast sketches are pretty cool. Good Idea
Im drug free, Alchol free, and thats why I'm better than you

tokes your stuff is quality...like the wade (and even the sketches)..its all dope...so that makes me believe one thing: some1's obviously been watchin hogan knows best...hmm....

Before me there was many; after me there will be none. I am the one.​

Quote:
so that makes me believe one thing: some1's obviously been watchin hogan knows best...

hahaha! nah not me...i wish i could though (no cable tv) so i could see what the fuss is about...you and dstokes should start a club...

more adidas stuff:
21ltr93.jpg

more hoopBeasts:
21ltqti.jpg

NIce drawings Tokes. About the Wades, really nice job, one thing that startled me was all those stars, reminds me of a shoe they wear to All Star games not during the season. Did you enter that? Ill post my sketches of my Wade sometime., curious if I got the proportions right.lol
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Cool drawings tokes.. u should do a cartoon strip or something...

my wade design..
inspired by the mcDavid protection pads wade wears.. on my design it wraps around the top of the foot and has a zipper... the design also features a full length innerbootie that is visible in the front...
All in all, the shoe is designed around wades quick-slashing type of game, but with maximum protection in mind..
Let me know what ya think..

23ld3k6.jpg

Also, made a quick poster to see the shoes on his feet..

23ld3x0.jpg

Peace

Thanks for the comments on my XX2 tokes...

Here's a slightly simpler version:
23tnus9.jpg

Any comments on the newer version...? Better, Worse?

Othieno: That Dwade poster is Sweet! Looks like you really centered the design around Dwade, nice. You might wanna try hand rendering the shoe to keep the McDavid areas from dominating the rest of the shoe.

Honestly ak47...Im not feeling this one as much as the first...Its good that you really turned around to start over and put a lot of thought in it...But theres something about it I just can't put my finger on it...
Definition for ARFF- A blocked shot or rejection.
Arffinater- One who arffs a lot.

Nice sketches everybody! This is something I drew during school, just a tribute to the Vs and something to welcome their come back. Enjoy (Sorry for the bad quality pic, but I do not have a camera that allows me to take really detail pics. But in the background, the city of chicago mixed with SF)

23uxvf4.jpg

LilJRDN: From what i can see in that pick it looks great. Which color V's are those?

Arff: Thanks for the comment. Do you think you could give me some idea of what I could do to improve even though you can't pinpoint the problem?

Well the shape is a little off..Towards the front on the toe...It slopes down a little to much, and seems kind of narrow, so that when it goes to the toe it is pretty thin...Maybe the design would look a little better if you fix this...

^Nice your almost there...Now just fatten the toe some...

Back
Top Bottom