open sketch thread

New Design....dont know what to name them though
2hyz482.jpg

juan, can you post all your stuff from futuresole? i'd like to see the design process, from sketch to final, and model.

Futuresole: Due to BPs request, im showing you my design process for the Futuresole contest, where Ben A.K. and I won grand prizes.
My assignment was to create a Flight shoe. with that in mind, i began to research different aircrafts, helicopters, cars...anything that had to do with speedand anti-gravity

i landed on the Comanche helicopter, which i felt had beautiful lines
i also took design cues from supercars like Buggatis and Ferraris, with the use of carbon fiber and the idea of using only essential materials in essentialareas, and cutting down on extra material, thus cutting down the weight.

here's some of my inspiration:
2d8299v.jpg

35173ip.jpg

28l9o52.jpg

161dp4k.jpg

First sketches/ideas/drafts (rough)
n62nme.jpg

30w0ys9.jpg

epj802.jpg

Final Drawing:
51oqid.jpg

Photoshop Renderings:
2mmzvgj.jpg

330si6v.jpg

29eoi9s.jpg

bj0pg.jpg

2q1z14h.jpg

11jql3t.jpg

16741np.jpg

Hey Juan, Great work
smile.gif
You got talent man
smile.gif
The design is very unique and solide, did you do more sketches because it seems like you had more on the pics isaw months ago? What about the rendering of your shoe you had with the chicago wood floor? can you post it?
How long did you have to design that shoe?
How was the final model made?
I have so much questions, it might have been amazing to meet all the legend at nike...i'm jealous
smile.gif

Keep up, you are the man
smile.gif
Good luck for the future

Originally Posted by Flight84

Hey Juan, Great work
smile.gif
You got talent man
smile.gif
The design is very unique and solide, did you do more sketches because it seems like you had more on the pics i saw months ago? What about the rendering of your shoe you had with the chicago wood floor? can you post it?
How long did you have to design that shoe?
How was the final model made?
I have so much questions, it might have been amazing to meet all the legend at nike...i'm jealous
smile.gif

Keep up, you are the man
smile.gif
Good luck for the future

thank you flight How do you know about the chicago wood floor one?......anyways, that was a poster they gave me as a gift, i dont have a digital copy of thaton my computer i had one month to do the design, from conception to completion yes i had more sketches, but i posted the ones that were the real startingpoints of the final product the model they gave us was a z-core model, it's made out of starch, it feels ceramic and yes, it was spectaculor going to thenike campus and talking to all those guys.....it really motivated me to pursue footwear design

thanks Juan, i like it a lot. i love the swoosh layout, with it wrapping over the toe.

Ben, do you mind posting the same type of stuff?

No problem man...

I was assigned a force shoe, and the idea with mine was that since big men are changing and becoming more athletic, the shoe had to ADAPT to that. I connectedthat to natural selection/evolution, and then more specifically the finch bird, which was the first bird Darwin found on his trips to the Galapagos to findevidence supporting his theory of natural selection.

214692_rdo8LAKKdnK6KwU9rcmPu9St8.jpg

great wprks! Juan did you do those PS renderings? Or did the Nike staff help? Cause they are off the chain! Are you guys entering next year? Oh and anotherquestion, do you know if next year it will be modified to accept entries from all over the world?

Originally Posted by nocomment6

great wprks! Juan did you do those PS renderings? Or did the Nike staff help? Cause they are off the chain! Are you guys entering next year? Oh and another question, do you know if next year it will be modified to accept entries from all over the world?

No help...all the PSs are done solely by me and no one else. i cant do it next year, cause i graduated and its for high schoolers, and i believe i do rememberthem saying they wanted it to be international at some point, but im not sure about next year

Hope it'll be expanded, cause I'm really lookin forward to it. Juan, real nice photoshop skills, hands down. SOme work, critiqs would be appreciated!
w7yam8.jpg

rqvo7s.jpg

Yeah, I asked D'Wayne about next year and it will be global.

Johnny, still gotta get those proportions down bro. The silhouette of the shoe isn't too bad, but you gotta make sure everything is where it should be-outsole on the bottom, stitching visible, etc...Also, try to work on implementing your lines onto the silhouette in a more fluid manner. I've noticed yourdesigns tend not to read as a whole.

The heavy highlighting technique is interesting, but I'd recommended experimenting with a smoother marker rendering technique.

Keep posting!

Originally Posted by ydnaHnairB

that one on the bottom right looks like it would make an ill team jordan
To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don't isolate.
-Michael Jordan
~ y d n a H * n a i r B ~
very tru

Back
Top Bottom