open sketch thread

this was done with chalk on the street, 6 feet by 8, and took 3-4 hours
comments are appreciated ( I know the shape is a bit off....)
2ylwbyt.jpg

Nice job on tha Audi. Nice photoshop skills fernandes. Anyone on my sketches?
No bird soars to high as long as it soars with its own wings.

Quote:
Anyone on my sketches?

some cool ideas there, maybe you should work on clearly commmunincating them with cleaner sketches? also try tracing a few shows from pictures or keep a shoe on your desk beside you when you sketch so you have a good reference for the shape of sneaks

keep at man, trust it will pay off
No idea is original...It is never what you do, but how it is done

Yeah Imtryin tp work at it. So I guess my proportions were still a bit off. Thanx for the info. A question I've heard a lot but don't know what it exactly means to make a cleaner sketch? Or how to communicate more clearly?

Quote:
A question I've heard a lot but don't know what it exactly means to make a cleaner sketch? Or how to communicate more clearly?
"Two Suns in the Sunset"
P. F.​

Yeah I usually do the story part, its on another page.

some great talent in here. i usually just stick to photoshop but draw every once in a while. nothing near most of you guys but here's something i drew and then photoshopped tonight.

BP the owner.
thats a great sketch and i love the idea.

the midfoot/forefoot might be a bit too big. if you lower the top a bit and start the toe spring a bit earlier, the shoe would be great =D

just some suggestions.
Team M.B.S.W.

Nice job, although proportiopns need work. The shape is off.

not new, just wanted to bump this...

27z99pc.jpg

Tokes nice job man, how did you do those with? Nice shoe Fernandes, real good photoshop.

A question to ya'll that sketch, dont you guys go mad that you have to sharpen your pencil every minute otherwise, your lines will be thick enough to fill half a page?! I'm using like a pack of pencils every week or two....?!

not been here in a while...
stopping by to show my Zoom Kobe 2 i did awhile ago.. done before pictures started leaking.. tell me what u think...
peace

35i9gzq.jpg

To tell you the truth, I aint feelin the Kobes all that much, too bulky I cant really picture Kobe in those. But the T's, those are fire really nice mix of simple timberlands and a modern touch. Real nice, did you use photoshop to render it?-peace

man othieno i really like those timberlands...is that mesh on the whole thing that you can see the leather through? if thats what it is, its very un-timberland-@#%$ but i think it looks sweet

Quote:
A question to ya'll that sketch, dont you guys go mad that you have to sharpen your pencil every minute otherwise, your lines will be thick enough to fill half a page?! I'm using like a pack of pencils every week or two....?!

believe it or not pencils (especially the soft leaded variety) are not all that good for sketching, pencils are really good for shading, tone, and value because you can get really smooth gradients and blending and such but it results in a quickly dulled pencil and easily smudged papers. try getting a harder lead so you will not have to sharpen as much...

Quote:
I actually either use a mechanical pencil or a pen. I hate using #2 pencils.

yeah, pens or mechanical pencils would seem to be better alternatives...

Quote:

Sketching with HB (#2) can be a pain if you do a lot of little thumbnails on a page since the lead is soft and rubs over easily. I prefer, when sketching with Leadholders, to use a 2H lead (#4).

Pens are good too, but lately I've been using markers to sketch and it's working great. I use a 10% Grey (warm, but cool grey works just as well) and just sketch. I then go over the lines I like with a pencil or pen.
-T

Wanted (10): The Kobe (playoffs), Nike Zoom 2k3 (any white based colorway)

Gekoh, I like your velcro/dunk sketch.

I remember seeing one plain nike tennis shoe with the velcro straps but that was just it. IMO, Nike should really put some thought in designing new veltro-strap shoes for adults.. (in color!) Bring back some old school flavor!
My name is Airon.

I see, I started to use a mechanical pencil a lot better. But I'll try a pencil with harder led. Markers are ok too, but it's kinda wierd how you cant erase it, lol...

Back
Top Bottom