Opinion on bought Air Total Package

Ok so I bought the Nike Air Total Package on eBay thinking it was the Nike Huarache 2k4 obviously because they look pretty similar and I never had a pair of2k4s.
The seller said they are 2k4s in the description and title. They are VVVNDS and I got them for $35.50 shipped. I need your opinion: Should I keep them or tryto get a refund?

Link to auction I won: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eB...em&item=220381966851

v_20090322022831_A57C9.jpg

For 35 shipped don't even bother refunding them...they don't perform badly at all. No zoom air and carbon fiber plate, but other than that, they aredecent to beat up.

i had the total package... they are pretty decent shoes.... grip wise, they are almost identical to the 2k4.... the heal cup on the 2k4 makes the shoes morestable and hug the foot more, giving more stability and ankle protection....

I've got some Air Total Package shoes as well. Never worn the Huarache 2k4 so I can't judge on the difference between the two shoes. Eventhoughthere's no forefoot cushioning other than the standard phylon, it holds up pretty well when it comes to cushioning. For some it could be bothering thatthere's no zoom air in the forefoot but I like it, it's a neutral feeling.

Traction is superb on these shoes. I play on dusty courts and I hear that great squeaking sound everytime I make a cut. I've never slipped with theseshoes. And unlike my Huarache 08, Melo 5.5, dust doesn't seem to gather on the outsole.

EDIT: forgot to say that you should keep them. Really nice shoes for that price you got them.

They are cool, and I still got mine.
I just needed to buy sofsole insoles for cushioning in the forefoot because the first time I played in them on outdoors man...... the ball of my feet hurts sobad I could not walk for a day. Other than that, you are good.

shame on you for not being able to identify that it was the Total package not 2k4
smh.gif

they are my outdoor balling shoes (in the all star cw) 2k4s are great and these arent that bad for a take down shoe. holds up close to the 2k4s and just lovethe design in general.

I recently got a pair of these, I replaced the insoles with the ones from some Jordan trifectas (full zoom) and they feel great, so I say change the insole andkeep them.

Traction and responsiveness is great. Ankle support not so much. I broke my right ankle and had a severe ankle sprain in the right, now I'm relegated towearing braces anytime I so far as jump in the air.

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

shame on you for not being able to identify that it was the Total package not 2k4
smh.gif

smh.gif
truth
Like you guys were born with an encyclopedia of sneaker knowledge in your brains.

Shame on all of us for being addicted to this lame "culture", so that if someone can't recognize the difference between two similar shoes we lookdown on him. A+

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

smh.gif

smh.gif
truth
Like you guys were born with an encyclopedia of sneaker knowledge in your brains.

Shame on all of us for being addicted to this lame "culture", so that if someone can't recognize the difference between two similar shoes we look down on him. A+
It's call knowledge. There's no excuse for being ignorant. You learn something you don't know. 1st of all, this is no lame culture.Most of us are athletes, we actually play in our shoes and know about the shoes. 2nd, he's weak for not being able to ID that it's not the 2k4. 3rd, hecame into a sneaker forum and show that he's a "noob". That just begging for flame. peace

Great response, pretty much laid everything out huh?

No excuse for being ignorant. So I guess that means it's our responsibility to learn about EVERYTHING we don't know. We're talking about bballshoes.

It is a lame culture, if you can even call it a culture. Some people only like shoes to play in, great, but that's part of the same "culture"where people hoard sneakers that they're never going to wear and mindlessly support corporate prerogatives. What do you know about the shoes exactly? Doyou know how much they cost to produce? What the working conditions in the factories are like? That the person who made your shoe that retails at $140 makesabout $2 a day? That billion dollar companies have labor standards for overseas factories, but do nothing to enforce them?

He came into a sneaker forum and asked for advice about something he doesn't know anything about. He's trying to become informed, because"there's no excuse for being ignorant", but he's just begging to be flamed. Which one is it?

wow...im speechless, i guess its all a misunderstanding from reading all this. people need to chill, some people dont know whats what so if you can help help,if not why be so quick to flame? its not like he bought fakes or something. spread the love people. must be a hippie day for me.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

Great response, pretty much laid everything out huh?

No excuse for being ignorant. So I guess that means it's our responsibility to learn about EVERYTHING we don't know. We're talking about bball shoes.

It is a lame culture, if you can even call it a culture. Some people only like shoes to play in, great, but that's part of the same "culture" where people hoard sneakers that they're never going to wear and mindlessly support corporate prerogatives. What do you know about the shoes exactly? Do you know how much they cost to produce? What the working conditions in the factories are like? That the person who made your shoe that retails at $140 makes about $2 a day? That billion dollar companies have labor standards for overseas factories, but do nothing to enforce them?

He came into a sneaker forum and asked for advice about something he doesn't know anything about. He's trying to become informed, because "there's no excuse for being ignorant", but he's just begging to be flamed. Which one is it?
roll.gif
. 1st No, you don't necessarely have to know abouteverything ,BUT given the fact that the 2k4 was one of the most popular Nike shoes ever released and there are dozen of ads, commercial everywhere about it,you can't tell me that you never know how the 2k4 look nor don't remember how it look like. You basically saying that you don't need to know aboutwhat you're buying simply because it's bball shoes. That's an excuse for being ignorant

2nd. If you consider this is a lame culture then i guess you have a very narrow point of view on life and for the stuff that goes around you.

3rd. It's not forbidden secret in regard to how Nike chooses to operate its business overseas. The internet is just simply one click away. The majority ofpeople on this board know what's up oversea BUT then this has nothing to do with being able to know about a particular shoes or how it perform

4th. The OP could just try the shoes on himself and see how it feel simply because he have them in his possession.
and i rest my case

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

wow...im speechless, i guess its all a misunderstanding from reading all this. people need to chill, some people dont know whats what so if you can help help, if not why be so quick to flame? its not like he bought fakes or something. spread the love people. must be a hippie day for me.
Listen to this guy.

And the Air Total Package do look a lot like the 2k4. I can't blaim the OP to have mistaken it for a 2k4.

Wow so now I am ignorant for not knowing the slight difference between two similar looking shoes? I mean aren't they supposed to be a take down version ofthem anyway? Oh never mind, I guess I am ignorant for not watching a "dozen of ads, commercial everywhere about it". I wasn't very much intoshoes when they dropped so there is no way I could have paid attention to a sneaker commercial. Since when was it necessary to know every detail of a shoebefore buying it? If they are good bball shoes, I will get them. I don't need details unless I was the person designing them.

And yes I can try them on, but will I be able to tell on the spot how they would perform on the court? I didn't want to test that out and than find out Ineeded to return them after I heavily wore them.

I saw a deal and jumped on it quick, it is $35. The seller had good feedback and it said they were 2k4s in the title and description. I didn't know aboutany similar looking shoes so I just went for it.
They are OK shoes and I am keeping them. I asked for help and help doesn't include you telling me what I stated I don't know and need help on.

Back
Top Bottom