Opinions from College NT'ers, Summer School to take 4 classes or not?

So I'm in a jam to say the least.

Summer School:
-2 Sessions, each session consists of 6 weeks.  So you're taking a 16 week course in 6 weeks!  My chemistry class is a 12 week session!
-I took Anatomy 1, Psychology and Chemistry in the 1st session and have finished everything except chemistry because that's a 12 week course.
-For the second session I was thinking of taking Microbiology, Human Development, and Anatomy 2 with Chemistry.  Keep in mind this is 6 weeks only!
-Would I be crazy to take those classes all together?
-I want to finish all my pre-reqs before September 1st so I can apply for the program I want to get into.

Chime in. Thanks

So I'm in a jam to say the least.

Summer School:
-2 Sessions, each session consists of 6 weeks.  So you're taking a 16 week course in 6 weeks!  My chemistry class is a 12 week session!
-I took Anatomy 1, Psychology and Chemistry in the 1st session and have finished everything except chemistry because that's a 12 week course.
-For the second session I was thinking of taking Microbiology, Human Development, and Anatomy 2 with Chemistry.  Keep in mind this is 6 weeks only!
-Would I be crazy to take those classes all together?
-I want to finish all my pre-reqs before September 1st so I can apply for the program I want to get into.

Chime in. Thanks

My fiance is doing it now for her Masters program and it's killing her. Literally working non-stop when she is not at work (she's a teacher). Not leaving the house much at all even on weekends and she is only taking one class. IDK how much that helps but it is a struggle just to take one class. Maybe it's just because it's an education program I'm not sure.

My fiance is doing it now for her Masters program and it's killing her. Literally working non-stop when she is not at work (she's a teacher). Not leaving the house much at all even on weekends and she is only taking one class. IDK how much that helps but it is a struggle just to take one class. Maybe it's just because it's an education program I'm not sure.

Time is money.  I would do it.  I'm not a medicine-related major (I'm Mechanical Engineering), but from my experience, summer session classes tend to be easier because things stay fresh in your mind and you're constantly on a fast pace, don't know if this works the same way with your type of classes though.  Good luck! What school btw?

Time is money.  I would do it.  I'm not a medicine-related major (I'm Mechanical Engineering), but from my experience, summer session classes tend to be easier because things stay fresh in your mind and you're constantly on a fast pace, don't know if this works the same way with your type of classes though.  Good luck! What school btw?

Look into CLEP exams for some of those classes..If you pass the exam you get 3 or 6 credits depending on the test and if you study a little for them you'll be straight...I needed 6 credits to graduate n took a stupid Literature CLEP and passed, giving me the 6 credits i needed to graduate on time

Look into CLEP exams for some of those classes..If you pass the exam you get 3 or 6 credits depending on the test and if you study a little for them you'll be straight...I needed 6 credits to graduate n took a stupid Literature CLEP and passed, giving me the 6 credits i needed to graduate on time

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

I graduated FIU with a bachelor's in criminal justice this May haha.  I decided that the medical field is what's best for me and the job security and demand is always going to be there.  Immediately after I graduated I started doing pre-reqs for nursing and I'm just about done.  My plan is to get into this accelerated program at Miami Dade College, which is a 1 year generic RN program for people with a bachelor's.  Work in the ICU for a year while obtaining my BSN, take the GRE, and then apply for an ARNP or CRNA program in do time.  I did well the 1st session made all A's, but Microbiology with Anatomy 2 doesn't seem like a good idea.  Trying to make up for lost time SMH

Originally Posted by ChiHigh91

I graduated FIU with a bachelor's in criminal justice this May haha.  I decided that the medical field is what's best for me and the job security and demand is always going to be there.  Immediately after I graduated I started doing pre-reqs for nursing and I'm just about done.  My plan is to get into this accelerated program at Miami Dade College, which is a 1 year generic RN program for people with a bachelor's.  Work in the ICU for a year while obtaining my BSN, take the GRE, and then apply for an ARNP or CRNA program in do time.  I did well the 1st session made all A's, but Microbiology with Anatomy 2 doesn't seem like a good idea.  Trying to make up for lost time SMH

I wouldn't do that. You're talking about a seven week class in which they gotta get a whole semester's worth of stuff in, so it's all crammed into 7 weeks. Taking 4 of those = a massive amount of work = an incredible amount of stress. Then you gotta turn around & go back to school in August? Nah. I'm only taking one.

I wouldn't do that. You're talking about a seven week class in which they gotta get a whole semester's worth of stuff in, so it's all crammed into 7 weeks. Taking 4 of those = a massive amount of work = an incredible amount of stress. Then you gotta turn around & go back to school in August? Nah. I'm only taking one.

grind now. when you have like one class left in you final semester, you can focus on interships and biddies

grind now. when you have like one class left in you final semester, you can focus on interships and biddies

If you think you can handle it do it. I took two statistics and two management courses over the summer and while it was brutal it felt good not to take the course over the full semester.

If you think you can handle it do it. I took two statistics and two management courses over the summer and while it was brutal it felt good not to take the course over the full semester.

Do it.

Summer classes at FIU are gold, thats why financial aid doesnt pay for them.

Taking full courses in 6 weeks is
smokin.gif
just took a business law final today that i started at the

end of may.

Summer B starts Monday. Two degrees in 4 years ... yuh simmie doe

Do it.

Summer classes at FIU are gold, thats why financial aid doesnt pay for them.

Taking full courses in 6 weeks is
smokin.gif
just took a business law final today that i started at the

end of may.

Summer B starts Monday. Two degrees in 4 years ... yuh simmie doe

from my experience, it really depends on how human your professor is. Some summer courses you will get the professor who is trying to enjoy their fun in the sun too. Others, you will get academic drones who want to push you harder because they think you signed up for the class because you thought summer classes were an easy fix. Just make sure you get the right professor and you should be straight

Back
Top Bottom