- Opinions on Ipod Touch -

What are your opinions on the Ipod Touch? I'm currently being offered the 16th GB one for $310. Is this IPod really worth that amount of money though?I'm worried about 16GB not being enough memory but I know that you can jailbrake the Ipodtouch and it can serve me as a nice lil'gadget. Besides theability to surf the net, watch videos, and modify the ipod itself makes up for the lack of memory. Any owners want to share some insight on your experiencewith the Ipod Touch? Thanks

had mine for a week.
realized that it didnt make any sense to have it b/c its pretty much an iphone without the phone.
so i returned it, sold my sklx. and bought an iphone.

but 310 for a 16gb seems like a deal. unless its pretty beat up/old.

No, the Ipod Touch is in excellent condition. My friend got it as a chrismas present but never really used it. He wants to get rid of it and instead use thatmoney to buy one of the Jordans Packs. I'm pretty content with my 30GB Classic Ipod but I thought that it was an interesting offer.

I'm not worried, I just wanted to hear some opinions from the people that have owned one because it's always helpful to hear some "Do's andDon't's" before you buy something like this.

it's kinda like a novelty item... like the other dude said... it's the iPhone without the phone part... nothing more.

with that said... I do like the multi-touch better than the click wheel... much faster when you're scrolling through stuff.

If you're the type who likes storing a lot of videos on their iPod... then this might prove insufficient memory...

If I were you, I'd rather get an iPhone.

I love it. Of course, being an apple product, its overpriced, but I dunno, I just love it. Does everything I want. As long as you dont have any otherexpectations from it, it will satisfy you. But of course there are better mp3 players out there that cost less then the touch, so be aware.

Im not a applestan either.

The memory really isn't an issue. You're never going to listen to your entire library in a day, unless you have 100 or so songs.

It's a great device, albeit a bit overpriced.

310 is a great price in new condition.

Just be prepared for it to get old quick. Apple really should have considered incorporating a camera.

Honestly, thats a pretty good deal. I don't think that you'll be listening to all your songs and watching all your videos in ONE DAY, so the memoryreally shouldn't be a problem.

I prefer my iPod Touch over my Classic. But thats just my opinion

you can buy a new one for 370 on buy.com.....just use google checkout and save 10 bucks. Definitely worth it, jailbreak it, run VOIP, and you got yourself afree ($370) iPhone. I use it everyday and dont regret buying it. but coming from me...imma little biased (check the sig/avy)

i have the 80gb video iPod. and i must say i should have waited and got the touch.

with my 80gb i put everything i got on my computer on it, and i still have 50+ gbs left. and i buy CD's so i have a lot of skits and intros and interludesand all that so a lot of the songs i skip, and since EVERYTHING is on there, over the course of the past few months, working monday-friday 4 hours and with theiPod on shuffle all, ive listened to everythign on there multiple times, so its getting pretty boring.

i would get it, i actually am going to get one, i have the money to spare, so my old iPod will be my workout player, and the touch for everyday use. eventhough knowing apple, they will probably be a newer version released before spring

My only biggy with the classic is the HD. I dropped my classic and it totally bugged out on me.

Apple replaced it free of charge, but the touch's flash drive is better.

I bought one for my mom and her friend for x-mas.. Wish I would've bought onefor myself.
ohwell.gif

l love it because Im with sprint and it was too much off a hassle/$$$$ to switch to ATT and get an iphone, so my touch + sprint upstage gets the job donepretty well

What is the jailbreak, what does it do? Thanks!

I bought one for one of my shorties and she really likes it, the internet capabilities are better than my MW 6 and I can access a lot more sites, but with thatsaid for a buck or less more you have the actual phone ...

It's a great product once you jailbreak it... The possibilities are endless.

Check the official iPod Touch thread if its still around.

Originally Posted by Bruce Uppercut

If you're worried so much to post about it on NIketalk, you'll probably regret it in the end.

Finally something that we agree on
laugh.gif

BTW, i think its too much money for only 16gb of space.

Well i have had mine since xmas and i like it alot. In terms searching for songs its much easier using a touch. Its also fairly easy to navigate web pages. Theonly issue could be memory. How many songs do you have and how many do u listen to at one time? I had a 20 gig color and now i have an 8gig touch and i couldntfit all my songs on my ipod but i dont listen to most of it anyway. Hope that helps.

might as well go for the iPhone if youre gonna spend that much, IMO

my girl just copped me a 80 gig Classic for my bday and im plenty happy with that

Yeah, the iphone does look like a better deal but I'm not sure if you can jailbrake it and use it with Metro PCS? (Yeah, it's the worst service outthere but you get to talk all you want for $35 bucks a month). I haven't heard from anyone using the iphone with Metro PCS, do any of you guys know if youcan use with any telephone service out there? If so, I'd would probably then get an iphone.

why would u suggest the iphone? why spend almost 100 a month when u can get the same features in the itouch without the phone? the itouch is a good look IMO

Back
Top Bottom