Opinions on the Jordan Columbia XI

I've always like them. I can remember when Will Smith wore them on Fresh Prince and it was beautiful. Never copped the OGs or the Retros, so hopefully Ican get the re-retros once they drop.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

I've always like them. I can remember when Will Smith wore them on Fresh Prince and it was beautiful. Never copped the OGs or the Retros, so hopefully I can get the re-retros once they drop.
I remember this. What's funny, is that I didn't even notice that he had the XIs on (because I was not used to seeing that colorway ingeneral) until my cousin that I was watching this with pointed it out.

man i loved these shoes,one day i useds them for basketball and they felt so good that i kept using them until i killed them.
oh yea ive been meaning to ask,why are the jordan signs on these backwards??? is it because they were one of the first 11s to come out or what,i know these arereal because i went to the store to buy them.

2h80kkx.jpg

mls7du.jpg

Originally Posted by DrJayIV

Columbia's are definitely popular but their problem is the yellowing of the patent leather since they are 8 year old sneakers>

Do the Retros have the same yellowing problem as the OGs?

Originally Posted by frankthekingdtx

man i loved these shoes,one day i useds them for basketball and they felt so good that i kept using them until i killed them.
oh yea ive been meaning to ask,why are the jordan signs on these backwards??? is it because they were one of the first 11s to come out or what,i know these are real because i went to the store to buy them.

2h80kkx.jpg

mls7du.jpg
at least you got some use out of them, you wont be able to do this with upcoming retros

the jumpman is "backwards" on these, because thats how the design has always been, he faces the front on both shoes with XIs. However, now JB seemsto think its necessary to murder classics by flipping it to face the heel, which is the "right way", but not the way the design was originally made,and IMHO throws off the entire balance and design of the shoe

^thanks for clearing that up bro. the quality of these was so much better than the 11s that have been coming out lately.my friend had some fake 11s and icompared the quality of those to the cdp 11s and they felt exactly the same,dang shame

These are in my top 3 all time Jordans. I am a UNC fan and remember the days of the Tarheels rocking them during games...gotta get a pair, I just buy too muchto save up for a decent pair.

columbia's are underrated because i feel that when they think of them........ they think of the retros and not the OGs. The OGs super blue tinted sole setthe whole shoe off and made it one of a kind. Check the sig.

There cool, u just gotta know how to rock it, I spent a pretty penny gettin my girl some for her birthday last year,

I sweat the IV's, V's, VI's especially. When the VII dropped, I liked'em, but w/out the visible air unit, I wasn't as sprung at all. Whenthe VIII dropped? ..I thought they looked like moon shoes/boots. Wasn't happy. I jumped on lows/runners mostly after that, so by the time that theXI's dropped, I wasn't even checkin'for JB anymore. I'm rare in the fact I don't really feel too many of the models past VII, so I slept onXI's, & regret it to this day.

After seeing all the pics. on the net of the Columbias, the yellowing so widely documented by this point, is so gay. At least as far as maintenence goes.White's dope, we all know that, but cleaning it/maintaining it can be tedious IMO, not that that stops me from liking a white shoe, esp. if it's mesh.Blah.

The SJ's are dope, but I think I like the CG's the best. Then the SJ. The joints that: Never Wear Them posted a month or so ago are butter. Notta'ride, but those are crisp. Blah.

2 cent.

Columbias wit icey soles in my opinion are the best jordan ever made, i hope you dont think you gonna get these for cheap either unless they used, i would justwait for them to be retroed again, im sure it will happen soon

Well... Columbias to me are best looking when they're still white.. however.. I dont plan on dropping 3+ on a pair thats still white and icey to have themyellow as soon as I start rockin em. Id say Breds or Space Jams.. Easiest to keep looking nice.. My og breds are amazing. Super comfy.

OGs are
eek.gif
beautiful, but retros
grin.gif
ehhh

I don't mind yellowing on the patent leather, it gives it that vintage look.

If ANYONE has a pair size 10 - 11 I'd pay ^^^HIGH^^^ prices to get my hands on them.

i love my columbias, i got a pair on ebay for $175 in vvvvvnds condition with no yellowing whatsoever on the patent leather, ive been wearing the hell out ofthose bad boys since i know theyll eventuallly yellow, i might as well get my moneys worth.

becuase of the yellowing problem with these, they should retro them every 4-5 years.

Back
Top Bottom