Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me proof. Show me the material difference from a retail pair and unauthorized pair. And don't post some bull **** about the shoes minor flaws. Actually post something about how the materials are on both pairs if you're so well educated on this subject.

http://niketalk.com/t/601814/legit-check-2011-air-jordan-retro-3-black-cement Have you ever seen a pair of 11' BC3s with a tumbled tongue.. I guess in the "factory" where they were making the real BC3s they got the leather mixed up with the the grey tumbled leather that they used for what again? Oh yea the fake ones.. I guess that Eprint is the same to you too right. Hell the whole damn shoe is outta wack fam.. If you cant see it I cant help you.

http://niketalk.com/t/588355/jordan-fear-5-legit-check Top pair is legit, bottom pair is fake.. TOTALLY different texture and color material for the uppers. As you can see wrong 3M for the tongues etc etc.

View media item 636643 Cheap *** pleather they used for the 1's..Its terrible and 9/10 times the wrong shade..Tell me how thats possible?

Just a few. Now Im done doing your HW. If I was you I would start listening and reading the GM page and the millions of articles and videos showing you the other obvious flaws with these fakes.. Dont be a fool and get played for your cash dealing with these people.

Last edited:
http://niketalk.com/t/601814/legit-check-2011-air-jordan-retro-3-black-cement Have you ever seen a pair of 11' BC3s with a tumbled tongue.. I guess in the "factory" where they were making the real BC3s they got the leather mixed up with the the grey tumbled leather that they used for what again? Oh yea the fake ones.. I guess that Eprint is the same to you too right. Hell the whole damn shoe is outta wack fam.. If you cant see it I cant help you.

http://niketalk.com/t/588355/jordan-fear-5-legit-check Top pair is legit, bottom pair is fake.. TOTALLY different texture and color material for the uppers. As you can see wrong 3M for the tongues etc etc.

View media item 636643

Just a few. Now Im done doing your HW. If I was you I would start listening and reading the GM page and the millions of articles and videos showing you the other obvious flaws with these fakes.. Dont be a fool and get played for your cash dealing with these people.

First of all those 3s aren't even unauthorized they're just badly done replicas. Same as the 5s. Anybody can post authentic next to a pair of really bad fakes.

This is what I'm talking about. How some fakes are identical and the quality is the same if not better.

View media item 636643 Cheap *** pleather they used for the 1's..Its terrible and 9/10 times the wrong shade..Tell me how thats possible?

This dude didnt even deserve the time it took to get this info but hopefully he will take it for what it is. Which is cold hard facts. Not an opinion. Not a theory. And there are thousands of people who aren't members and who read these threads and take it that this is a highly reputable place to come to talk about Nike. On ebay right now they refer people to check with niketalk to be able to learn how to detect fake air jordans. So even if this dude don't get it there are always thousands of good intentioned sneaker enthusiasts if you will non-members getting their nike info here. Great stuff Timmy.

Cheap *** pleather they used for the 1's..Its terrible and 9/10 times the wrong shade..Tell me how thats possible?

Good stuff, repped but I found myself on another thread on the same subject and its just a back and forth going no where. There is no way to put sense in these kids, don't bother. We live in the age of hypebeasts. Still plenty of real sneakerheads on NT, just have to block the posers. 

You gotta be so goddamn careful nowadays unless u get it straight from a GOOD website... Its so aggravating.

Quote:
I don't have to prove anything, it's common sense.
Right because you and everyone else here blather on with conjectures.

There is no evidence that replicas or supposed "fakes" rake in that much revenue to even be considered big business. That's the boogeymen on this board.

Maybe at one point there was a minor market for them on eBay, but not anymore. In fact eBay has gone so far to accidentally removing authentic Jordan listings.

But nobody is making any significant money advertising their shoes as "AAA Super Perfect Replicas". They can deceive people but that's why cardholders have rights in creating chargebacks against those kind of merchants.

And if those merchants were even taking a piece of Nike's market share, you think the later is just going to sit back and do nothing?

View media item 636643

First of all those 3s aren't even unauthorized they're just badly done replicas. Same as the 5s. Anybody can post authentic next to a pair of really bad fakes.

This is what I'm talking about. How some fakes are identical and the quality is the same if not better.

no such thing as unauthorized, these guys have their own factories, their own materials. Don't think you understand the complexity of their business and the hundreds of millions of dollars they make. It all started with a little reverse engineering, it's that easy

You know so much ryanjumpman420. Lmao, if you say so. I mean you work at the factories right?

Show me proof. Show me the material difference from a retail pair and unauthorized pair. And don't post some bull **** about the shoes minor flaws. Actually post something about how the materials are on both pairs if you're so well educated on this subject.

I tried to find one of my old post cause I've said this before but there are 2 things that I want to point out, not from a speculative perspective but a professional one. I'm an engineer with a specialization in manufacturing and process development .

1. whether or not you want to acknowledge the "minor flaws' or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is they are there. I'm well aware that shoes come with flaws here and there but the problem is that these "unauthorized" or "GM" shoes consistently have the same flaws time and time again. retail shoes may have 5 out of 100 pairs that have similar flaws for the sake of example lets say a slightly misplaced lace loop. That flaw would just be a manufacturing flaw because 95 out of those 100 pairs came with the the correct lace loop placing. From a manufacturing standpoint the 95 pairs is what is representative of the manufacturing process used. People will say all the time that theres no quality control and theyre b-grades but No quality control would mean they'd have tons of different flaws. Not all the same flaws. Like a wider "23" stamp on the 11s, or crooked tongue stitching on all 3s and 4s, or faded symbols on all DB3s, the list literally goes on and on. "No quality control" doesn't explain why the "same workers" who make nikes shoes would make these "extras" with all the same mistakes ALL the time. I'm an engineer and I know manufacturing the only way to explain the consistent differences between the retail pairs and the GM pairs ARE A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. Meaning they are NOT the same and that's why we can tell them apart. The minor flaws arent minor if theyre consistently there. Wrong stretched 23s on the 11s. The wrong facing face on DB4s, the crooked tongue stitching on the 3s. And it doesn't end there. Every model and I'll go as far to say even every color way of GM has flaws that are consistent across all pairs. Those signs are consistently on GM shoes and not on retail pairs and that's why we can tell the difference. Pretty much the whole point is this, even if the GM shoes are 95% identical to retail pairs, if that 5% difference (what you call minor flaws) is present 100% of the time then what we know is that GM shoes use a process that make ALMOST authentic LOOKING shoes. Which means youre getting an imitation NOT the real deal. At the end of the day it's still 2 different entities using two different processes (whether they're completely different or 99.999999% identical) to put out two different products. End of story.

2. As for materials how much do you about materials and manufacturing? Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. They're COMPARABLE as far as you are qualified to say. I've had projects at work that we've worked on where we had to create 2 products out of the same manufacturing process but with 2 separate metals. To the naked eye they looked exactly the same but when looked when magnified the textures of the metals are completely different hence 2 different products. Factories and manufacturers have access to huge quantities of thousands and thousands of materials of different shapes sizes and textures. Heres an example, when it comes to rims you can buy Aluminum rims or you can buy titanium alloy rims for your car. Both look the same both feel the same but titanium is a much stronger metal than aluminum is and last much longer. You can say that the materials LOOK the same but they definitely dont act the same or have the same structural properties. And with people claiming left and right that the GMs shoes they bought arent holding up, how can you assume that the materials are the same when their arent complaints like that for the authentic ones? With out the proper knowledge, equipment, and experience you or anyone else for that matter is not qualified to say that the materials ARE the same, but it can be speculated they arent solely based on performance.

And thats my 2 cents on the matter.

Last edited:
If i'm wrong I welcome the rebuttal but the LC forum proves time and time again that people are able to point out "unauthorized" kicks day in and day out. If they were the same that woudlnt be possible. Its a shame that people are using youtube posers that literally know nothing more than what the last youtuber said as the end all be all on sneaker information instead of a community of people that has been around longer than most of them have been collecting

I tried to find one of my old post cause I've said this before but there are 2 things that I want to point out, not from a speculative perspective but a professional one. I'm an engineer with a specialization in manufacturing and process development .

1. whether or not you want to acknowledge the "minor flaws' or not is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is they are there. I'm well aware that shoes come with flaws here and there but the problem is that these "unauthorized" or "GM" shoes consistently have the same flaws time and time again. retail shoes may have 5 out of 100 pairs that have similar flaws for the sake of example lets say a slightly misplaced lace loop. That flaw would just be a manufacturing flaw because 95 out of those 100 pairs came with the the correct lace loop placing. From a manufacturing standpoint the 95 pairs is what is representative of the manufacturing process used. People will say all the time that theres no quality control and theyre b-grades but No quality control would mean they'd have tons of different flaws. Not all the same flaws. Like a wider "23" stamp on the 11s, or crooked tongue stitching on all 3s and 4s, or faded symbols on all DB3s, the list literally goes on and on. "No quality control" doesn't explain why the "same workers" who make nikes shoes would make these "extras" with all the same mistakes ALL the time. I'm an engineer and I know manufacturing the only way to explain the consistent differences between the retail pairs and the GM pairs ARE A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. Meaning they are NOT the same and that's why we can tell them apart. The minor flaws arent minor if theyre consistently there. Wrong stretched 23s on the 11s. The wrong facing face on DB4s, the crooked tongue stitching on the 3s. And it doesn't end there. Every model and I'll go as far to say even every color way of GM has flaws that are consistent across all pairs. Those signs are consistently on GM shoes and not on retail pairs and that's why we can tell the difference. Pretty much the whole point is this, even if the GM shoes are 95% identical to retail pairs, if that 5% difference (what you call minor flaws) is present 100% of the time then what we know is that GM shoes use a process that make ALMOST authentic LOOKING shoes. Which means youre getting an imitation NOT the real deal. At the end of the day it's still 2 different entities using two different processes (whether they're completely different or 99.999999% identical) to put out two different products. End of story.

2. As for materials how much do you about materials and manufacturing? Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. They're COMPARABLE as far as you are qualified to say. I've had projects at work that we've worked on where we had to create 2 products out of the same manufacturing process but with 2 separate metals. To the naked eye they looked exactly the same but when looked when magnified the textures of the metals are completely different hence 2 different products. Factories and manufacturers have access to huge quantities of thousands and thousands of materials of different shapes sizes and textures. Heres an example, when it comes to rims you can buy Aluminum rims or you can buy titanium alloy rims for your car. Both look the same both feel the same but titanium is a much stronger metal than aluminum is and last much longer. You can say that the materials LOOK the same but they definitely dont act the same or have the same structural properties. And with people claiming left and right that the GMs shoes they bought arent holding up, how can you assume that the materials are the same when their arent complaints like that for the authentic ones? With out the proper knowledge, equipment, and experience you or anyone else for that matter is not qualified to say that the materials ARE the same, but it can be speculated they arent solely based on performance.

And thats my 2 cents on the matter.

You should post that in the thread in General.

If i'm wrong I welcome the rebuttal but the LC forum proves time and time again that people are able to point out "unauthorized" kicks day in and day out. If they were the same that woudlnt be possible. Its a shame that people are using youtube posers that literally know nothing more than what the last youtuber said as the end all be all on sneaker information instead of a community of people that has been around longer than most of them have been collecting
spot on bro..I been telling these kids this stuff for years but they won't listen..I guess when we were 16 we knew everything too..

Ya'll dudes strive so hard to make a statement and retain that 'SneakerHead' title, it really doesn't mean anything lol...when you resort to buying fake shoes to maintain an image, that's going too far...

Same as paying a ridiculous amount for a legit pair...going too far to make that 'I'm a sneakerhead' statement.

Who really takes pride in being labeled a sneakerhead? Cause you got a closet full of shoes? 100 instagram likes cause you got the newest releases hashtagged up with #sneakerhead #shoehead and so on?

What is the point you guys are looking to make? Arguing about real vs fake yet the markets still exist where the real is a lot of money for a pair and fake is still overpaying for something.

Dude you just said some mind blowing **** here. We are at a period where fakes cost the same as authentic! That's cray!

spot on bro..I been telling these kids this stuff for years but they won't listen..I guess when we were 16 we knew everything too..
It's crazy though cause there are grown *** men on YouTube who believe the same too. One went as far as to say "Chinese retail" aka unauthorized pairs are different than the US retail pairs. They'll literally draw every conclusion except that they're fake. It's ridiculous.

It's always gonna come down to opinions when it has to do with this topic. Everyone has their own opinion. Just like with anything else in life. And that's all it'll ever be. An opinion against another opinion against another opinion. What's not an opinion is that these so called unauthorized shoes are real. That is 100% NOT true and no opinions can argue that. Where you wanna buy and wear them instead is totally up to you. To each his own...

the fact is if these so called "unauthorized" fakes are made in the same factory they would've look exactly the same as the retail pair, but they are not. another fact is that if these factories contracted by Nike does make these Nike would've shut them down LONG TIME AGO when every tag on the shoes tell you which factories made them. i.e. the sz, y3, etc tag.

What I don't get is this video clearly shows the "unauthorized" royals are different from the retail one from the box tag all the way to the actual color of the shoe and the shiny *** leather but people are still claiming they're the same. Smh. And xchurch at it again View media item 1123646

Last edited:

What I don't get is this video clearly shows the "unauthorized" royals are different from the retail one from the box tag all the way to the actual color of the shoe and the shiny *** leather but people are still claiming they're the same. Smh. And xchurch at it again 

Yeah not only that but the guy even said the quality was s***. The stitching was bad, the ankle was padded more, the wings were pointed down more, and I could see little widows peaks even though he said there are none. Hard to see but I can

That many flaws just prove that it's not the same. Especially since it's common for all the fakes. Let these fools waste their money if that's what they wanna do. 

Last edited:
Yeah not only that but the guy even said the quality was s***. The stitching was bad, the ankle was padded more, the wings were pointed down more, and I could see little widows peaks even though he said there are none. Hard to see but I can

View media item 1123877

That many flaws just prove that it's not the same. Especially since it's common for all the fakes. Let these fools waste their money if that's what they wanna do. 

Exactly! The whole "no two pairs of shoes are alike" argument is ******** because these flaws are exclusively common on these high quality fakes

Exactly! The whole "no two pairs of shoes are alike" argument is ******** because these flaws are exclusively common on these high quality fakes
All those guys on YouTube are mostly sell outs. They know damn well there are differences in the shoes, they just lie because their getting free bootleg shoes and **** from the bootleg companies. I get e mails from bootleggers(Chinese websites) all the time jus because i put up a few jordan review videos, and I've even deleted all of them and the bootleggers are still e mailing me trying to get me to shop with them. Maybe this is normal I dunno. I've never responded except for saying "I don't buy fakes." Bottom line is these guys on these real vs. Fake videos talking bout the fakes are the same are just sellouts, they're getting paid in counterfeit goods from the chinese bootleggers to sell their counterfeit product and lie about its quality. In this case it just happens to be bootleg Air Jordan shoes. #sellouts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom