Original AJ XI November 1995

i think somebody posted this a couple months back after going through what his grandma had kept....thanks for the pics though

yeah those were the good old days
pimp.gif

Ah the good old days. That's when Nike was king because only 2 or 3 Jordan's would come out per year. The brand still had a measure of exclusivity toit.

Nowadays, we get trash like Spizikes every week and the quality is terrible. I know MJ retired, but are the current releases the best JB can do? Whathappened?

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by spizike231

Originally Posted by seinfeld4

wow dont forget the X on DISCOUNT!
eek.gif

fa3knt.jpg

the toe cap on the shadows were probably the cause of the re-call that Tinker was talking about in the Interview for Sole Collector. MJ wanted a clean toe box. That might be why they were on discount.
well i'll be damned

Love those powders

might consider getting a pair
really nice find

but why blur the numbers

wow...seeing these clips from the eastbay from back in the day sure does bring back memories...I know me personally I wasn't 100% sold on the XI when itfirst dropped, I was intrigued but after the AJ VIII I really stopped copping J's....anyway...funny story about this Eastbay issue...I remember way back in95 or whatever, I was in I believe 10th grade...once I had decided that I thought the XI's were DOPE, I decided to try and get a pair of concords, problemwas, it wasn't until like March 96...lol, well I had been flipping through my old eastbay issues, and I saw this one, and I said, eh, why not call and seeif I could order concords from them...well, when I called the rep told me that they did in fact have a pair of XI concords in sz 9.5 left - I took a size10..but there was no way I'd let .5 stop me...lol...well, I went ahead and ordered them and got real excited about it...about a week later, a packagearrived...but....instead of my icey pair of concords - I had received some merked pair of $60 Nikes...needless to say, I sent them back...and was left withoutmy XI's
frown.gif
...I had to settle for my XI LE's...until 2000 when theretro's dropped....and now I own 10 pairs of XI's
glasses.gif

anyway...props for posting this...brings back memories, albeit bittersweet!

Yup the 90s were great...great shoes, great players and on another note: we did have more freedom in the 90s compared to now. It seems like the PIGS can getyou for anything nowadays.

I remember when I picked up my OG XI's a week after they released, walked into foot locker, they still had a bunch, wore them to basketball camp that yearand everyone said they were the worst shoes ever............Or the best shoes ever, it's crazy how much some people hated this when they first came out.

Look at the white/black/grey behind the Shadows. They have the toe cap as well. Eastbay shoots their catalog photos off of samples, not off of production runs.About half of the time their catalog photos have variations from the production runs that they recieve in their warehouse. Highly doubt that the toe capversions ever existed in mass quantities. If someone ever saw someone wearing them, 99.9% that was a size 9 sample pair.

what the.. did the shadows REALLY have toe caps? I thought it only the ChiSox colorway OG that had them?

Originally Posted by LStepCorrect81

haha i was 5 years old

its crazy.. i was in jr. high, and i would have never thought 5 year olds then would come to grow up and appreciate the shoes that were out... i thought by2009 we would have flying shoes though lol

The dreaded toe cap the reason i didn't buy X back then until the new york colorway came out

Back
Top Bottom