Original Nike Shox

when did these white/silver/red R4's come out? they look pretty similar to the first shox that came out. I might have to cop! does anyone know iffinishline has these? I've only seen them on eastbay

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Originally Posted by MREVAN

If I'm not mistaken, the first GR shox were the black/silver/lapis BB4's in Fall 2000. The black/orange XT4's were supposed to come out about 2 weeks later (but got scrapped, something about the spring plate disconnecting) and white/silver/red R4's were supposed release 2 weeks after the XT4's, but got pushed up since the XT4's didn't come out.

With that said, I thought all 3 were released the same day the BB4's had a GR but only at select stores or Niketowns. That is how some people have XT4's, since they had a limited release before their GR got scrapped.

The only Shox I'm unsure of is the Olympic BB4's. I don't remember if they came out before the black/silver/lapis BB4's but I am certain that the black/silver/lapis BB4's were the first GR (while the XT4's and R4's had a limited release that same day). I think the blk/sil/lap came out first since the Syndey Olympics took place in Oct. but I'm not 100% sure.
Great post! I am almost certain the Olympic colorway came out (online) first.

Yeah, the Olympics were the only ones I was unsure of.

I think I remember the XT4 being held back due to the fact that it did not feature the transition wedge between the shox unit and the forefoot... there wereworries about how the structure of the shoe would be effected, and also that it may cause injury or discomfort to the consumer.

Back
Top Bottom