Origins of the original Air Jordan "Wings" logo?

I know I saw a picture of the original wing logo somewhere, it was "Force" or "Flight" or something similar related to Nike basketball,before Jordan's "Air Jordan" wing logo was introduced. Anybody knows what I'm talking bout?

I don't know what similar logo you might be referring to, but I know the Air Jordan Wings logo was an original mark drawn up specifically for MJ and wasscrawled on a cocktail napkin by Peter Moore.

Do you have a pic of what you're talking about?

The winged globe is a widely used ancient symbol. More than likely NIKE was going for a para-military, Air Force style insignia.

Air_Force_Medal_of_Honor.jpg

04901.jpg

st-christopher-pin-m.JPG

Originally Posted by dunkadelic2k3

There is a wings logo with NIKE on it instead of AIR JORDAN.

No pic though.

That logo came AFTER the AIR JORDAN one, and it was not an officially sanctioned logo by Peter Moore during his Nike tenure. Overseas factories were mostlikely taking the MJ Wings logo and replacing the lettering with NIKE and selling it in their own countries...again, all unauthorized when Moore was there.

^

The logo youre referring to is featured on the Nike Air Chicago - which came out after the Jordan 1.

Love the feedback guys - but whats up with these Nike Air Chicagos? I've never heard about those, were those some superlimited release?

Moore says those shoes are either unauthorized or came after his time at Nike. He's never seen them before and did not approve of the logo. Again, it'slikely that the overseas factories were just making up their own styles at the time without official authorization back in Beaverton about logo changes orotherwise. At that time outside of the U.S., they'd probably never heard of "Air Jordan" and replaced it with the much more familiar"NIKE" instead for their own markets...the concept of branding and trademarks didn't really register as much back then in certain countries.

What are those shoes called with Nike and wings
Logo sorry guys never seen them I think there fire

Originally Posted by Steez

Moore says those shoes are either unauthorized or came after his time at Nike.
The way this is written makes it look like you just went and asked him

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Originally Posted by Steez

Moore says those shoes are either unauthorized or came after his time at Nike.
The way this is written makes it look like you just went and asked him

nerd.gif

considering the last time someone replied was 2 years ago he had time to do more research

Back
Top Bottom