Orthostatic hypotension vol. Head Rush

Orthostatic hypotension (also known as postural hypotension,[sup][1][/sup] and, colloquially, as head rush ora dizzy spell and to some people "the elevator effect") is a form of hypotension in which a person's blood pressure suddenlyfalls when the person stands up. The decrease is typically greater than 20/10 mmHg,[sup][2][/sup] and may be most pronounced afterresting.

The incidence increases with age.[sup][3][/sup]
Symptoms, which generally occurafter sudden standing or stretching (after standing), include dizziness, euphoria,bodily dissociation, distortions in hearing, lightheadedness, headache, blurred ordimmed vision (possibly to the point of momentary blindness), generalized (or extremity) numbness/tingling and fainting, coat hanger pain (pain centered in the neck and shoulders), and inrare, extreme cases, vasovagal syncope. They areconsequences of insufficient blood pressure and cerebral perfusion (bloodsupply). Occasionally, there may be a feeling of warmth in the head and shoulders for a few seconds after the dizziness subsides.

Just passed out and hit my head on the toilet, stone sober.

i almost do this every morning but its the best feeling in the world.
take like 6 deeps breaths when i wake up, stand up and stretch as hard as i can, boom, euphoria.

Back
Top Bottom