Osama Bin Laden is dead

0371_s7wp.gif

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Man it's crazy we are celebrating the death of another human being. I wish he would have been brought to trail, but still glad he was stopped.

this. Given the circumstances though I don't think it would've been possible. My first reaction was joy, but after watching all the celebration and trying to look at it objectively it looks like mass bloodlust finally fulfilled. I'm not here to judge anyone, I can't because no one I know was killed in the 9/11 attacks or any other attacks. But for our entire nation to be celebrating in such fashion for the death of another person is wild.

Man it's crazy we are celebrating the death of another human being. I wish he would have been brought to trail, but still glad he was stopped.

this. Given the circumstances though I don't think it would've been possible. My first reaction was joy, but after watching all the celebration and trying to look at it objectively it looks like mass bloodlust finally fulfilled. I'm not here to judge anyone, I can't because no one I know was killed in the 9/11 attacks or any other attacks. But for our entire nation to be celebrating in such fashion for the death of another person is wild.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I love Niketalk.
"I don't want to hear any negativity, I don't want to know why this makes no difference to the war on terror, I don't want to hear that this is just a PR victory, I don't want to hear that the troops still aren't coming home, I don't want to hear anything but '@!%% YEAH AMERICA' and 'YAY HE'S DEAD.'"

Ignorance really is bliss.
It's an overall American morale boost. You can't dispute that.

Yes and No.

yes, Osama is dead. all those soldiers didn't die in vain.

no, when I wake up tomorrow.  I'm still a +%%*! in a coupe.

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

this. Given the circumstances though I don't think it would've been possible. My first reaction was joy, but after watching all the celebration and trying to look at it objectively it looks like mass bloodlust finally fulfilled. I'm not here to judge anyone, I can't because no one I know was killed in the 9/11 attacks or any other attacks. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But for our entire nation to be celebrating in such fashion for the death of another person is wild.[/color]
how is it wild, though

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I love Niketalk.
"I don't want to hear any negativity, I don't want to know why this makes no difference to the war on terror, I don't want to hear that this is just a PR victory, I don't want to hear that the troops still aren't coming home, I don't want to hear anything but '@!%% YEAH AMERICA' and 'YAY HE'S DEAD.'"

Ignorance really is bliss.
It's an overall American morale boost. You can't dispute that.

Yes and No.

yes, Osama is dead. all those soldiers didn't die in vain.

no, when I wake up tomorrow.  I'm still a +%%*! in a coupe.

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

this. Given the circumstances though I don't think it would've been possible. My first reaction was joy, but after watching all the celebration and trying to look at it objectively it looks like mass bloodlust finally fulfilled. I'm not here to judge anyone, I can't because no one I know was killed in the 9/11 attacks or any other attacks. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]But for our entire nation to be celebrating in such fashion for the death of another person is wild.[/color]
how is it wild, though

That Obama walking gif would have been even better if he just walked straight and the double doors open infront of him

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

Just had to take them shots at Bron Bron huh
laugh.gif
 But there's some truth to what you're saying, America has a lot of problems that need to be addressed and this whole Osama thing could distract the public from them.
laugh.gif
I'm still steaming...
laugh.gif
at people calling us "anti-government". Please. The government doesn't care about you.

That Obama walking gif would have been even better if he just walked straight and the double doors open infront of him

Originally Posted by shaqtus92

Just had to take them shots at Bron Bron huh
laugh.gif
 But there's some truth to what you're saying, America has a lot of problems that need to be addressed and this whole Osama thing could distract the public from them.
laugh.gif
I'm still steaming...
laugh.gif
at people calling us "anti-government". Please. The government doesn't care about you.

Back
Top Bottom