Osama Bin Laden is dead

Originally Posted by MrDoeBoI

Originally Posted by sickickz23

So now it's okay for people to celebrate osamas death saying he deserved it but If someone kills my relative and I go shoot them these the same people that say I'm wrong .Go figure I guess

30t6p3b.gif
 how old are you?
I'm 24 and idk y u shaking your head for

im shaking my head that you're 24 with the mentality of at 14 year old.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I still believe the U.S. government was responsible for 9-11.
I still to this day do not feel he was solely responsible for the tragedy, I never fully believe the media/politics, but this was way long overdue.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

So now it's okay for people to celebrate osamas death saying he deserved it but If someone kills my relative and I go shoot them these the same people that say I'm wrong .Go figure I guess

30t6p3b.gif
 how old are you?
I'm 24 and idk y u shaking your head for

im shaking my head that you're 24 with the mentality of at 14 year old.

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I still believe the U.S. government was responsible for 9-11.
I still to this day do not feel he was solely responsible for the tragedy, I never fully believe the media/politics, but this was way long overdue.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Is being anti-government/rebellious/conspiracy theorist the 2011 hypebeast?
Religion-bashing to that list
laugh.gif
Is it not a good thing that people are not easily accepting everything they're told, and questioning the world around them?

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Is being anti-government/rebellious/conspiracy theorist the 2011 hypebeast?
Religion-bashing to that list
laugh.gif
Is it not a good thing that people are not easily accepting everything they're told, and questioning the world around them?

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

So, y'all think Al Qaeda is gonna retaliate?

It won't stay like this, they will retaliate hard, probably not this year or next but in 10 or 20 we don't know.

Maybe someone can help me understand this line of thinking. This is what Al Qaeda already does isn't it? So all you people saying they wish they would have left
bin Ladin alone what do you think he would have been doing? Masterminding more plots and plans to bring harm upon the "infidels of the west".

I'm guessing that if there was a person who was creating havoc in ur neighborhood, y'all would want the authorities to just let him be; not go capture him or kill

him cause of the possible retaliation. To me that seems to be backwards !@@ thinking. 
ohwell.gif

Perhaps someone can clarify this line of thinking.

It won't stay like this, they will retaliate hard, probably not this year or next but in 10 or 20 we don't know.

Maybe someone can help me understand this line of thinking. This is what Al Qaeda already does isn't it? So all you people saying they wish they would have left
bin Ladin alone what do you think he would have been doing? Masterminding more plots and plans to bring harm upon the "infidels of the west".

I'm guessing that if there was a person who was creating havoc in ur neighborhood, y'all would want the authorities to just let him be; not go capture him or kill

him cause of the possible retaliation. To me that seems to be backwards !@@ thinking. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Yes and No.

yes, Osama is dead. all those soldiers didn't die in vain.

no, when I wake up tomorrow.  I'm still a +%%*! in a coupe.

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Figureheads are figureheads for a reason. Osama Bin Laden was the face of terror around the world. He was the one who set up numerous television/video tapings urging other militants to join the fight against the West. He was the one who financially backed Al-Qaeda for quite some time. He was the one who took responsiblity when the towers fell.

While there are numerous other individuals involved, this is a blow to there organization.While they will most likely continue to try and carry out their objectives when someone who is the face of an organization is killed, that organization as a whole takes a step back and it needs to look for someone else to step up to the plate and become the figurehead and lead the fight.

Our president is technically just a figurehead, behind the scenes he has the best of the best working for him, but many don't know who those people are who make the critical decisions and brief him on what should or should not be done. You better believe though, if our president is killed, it's a blow to our morale and makes things difficult here.

I agree a lot more work needs to be done, but we tried getting him for 10 years and we got him. Many began to believe he would never get caught or he would die naturally. We never gave up and we got him. It doesn't mean the world goes back to being perfect, but in could indeed be a snowball affect that leads to other great acheivements by our military and intelligence.

To your first point, you're right, and now that we've killed him in such a way we've only made him a martyr to the delusional people who still subscribe to his brand of extremism. 
You're misunderstanding Al Qaeda as a group. They don't have weekly meetings where Osama stands up, gives a rousing "death to America" speech and rallies the troops. They're a VERY loosely organized operation. There may be many people who claim that they were part of Al Qaeda when committing an attack, but they are most likely just a very small cell that planned the attack. Also, now that he is dead, as I stated above, his martyrdom will only rally the most extreme members more. 

Comparing Al Qaeda to the U.S. government again shows how you're not understanding just how loose the ties holding it together are.

Originally Posted by gabers

ohwell.gif

well said.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Yes and No.

yes, Osama is dead. all those soldiers didn't die in vain.

no, when I wake up tomorrow.  I'm still a +%%*! in a coupe.

Of course it's a moral boost, but what does it actually mean? The man was just a figurehead for the organization. As they were just saying on Al Jazeera English, he's simply just another high profile target taken out. This isn't the end of the war on terror. This isn't  the end of violating Pakistans borders with drone strikes and infantry incursions. This isn't the end of extremism. We still have a lot of work to do in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

Figureheads are figureheads for a reason. Osama Bin Laden was the face of terror around the world. He was the one who set up numerous television/video tapings urging other militants to join the fight against the West. He was the one who financially backed Al-Qaeda for quite some time. He was the one who took responsiblity when the towers fell.

While there are numerous other individuals involved, this is a blow to there organization.While they will most likely continue to try and carry out their objectives when someone who is the face of an organization is killed, that organization as a whole takes a step back and it needs to look for someone else to step up to the plate and become the figurehead and lead the fight.

Our president is technically just a figurehead, behind the scenes he has the best of the best working for him, but many don't know who those people are who make the critical decisions and brief him on what should or should not be done. You better believe though, if our president is killed, it's a blow to our morale and makes things difficult here.

I agree a lot more work needs to be done, but we tried getting him for 10 years and we got him. Many began to believe he would never get caught or he would die naturally. We never gave up and we got him. It doesn't mean the world goes back to being perfect, but in could indeed be a snowball affect that leads to other great acheivements by our military and intelligence.

To your first point, you're right, and now that we've killed him in such a way we've only made him a martyr to the delusional people who still subscribe to his brand of extremism. 
You're misunderstanding Al Qaeda as a group. They don't have weekly meetings where Osama stands up, gives a rousing "death to America" speech and rallies the troops. They're a VERY loosely organized operation. There may be many people who claim that they were part of Al Qaeda when committing an attack, but they are most likely just a very small cell that planned the attack. Also, now that he is dead, as I stated above, his martyrdom will only rally the most extreme members more. 

Comparing Al Qaeda to the U.S. government again shows how you're not understanding just how loose the ties holding it together are.

Originally Posted by gabers

ohwell.gif

well said.

shut up

shut up

Back
Top Bottom