"OTHER BRAND" - RUNNING shoe thread - asics, saucony, new balance, hoka one one, adidas, reebok, brooks, altra, skechers, etc...

Anyone has experience with Asics Glideride? Tempting to get one.

Anyone has experience with Asics Glideride? Tempting to get one.
It's a great shoe for long runs. Very smooth rockered ride that tends to hide its weight. Also, the upper fit and comfort is superb. ASICS build quality is really evident in this one.

New Endorphin speed colorway, exclusive to jackrabbit.

Any idea of release dates?

had the volt next% at release and they just didn’t work for me with the upper - not sure if it was a sizing issue but order another pair Gia ID with EM and hoping it’d fit better. Would add in the Endorphin Speed since I’ve seen some good feedback from Widefooters (currently running in Pegasus 37 EEE and the NB Rebels)

tempo walk

413CD365-17DA-4CD3-90FC-E258B6ECA169.jpeg

yo.. what do you think of the recovery slides? And how did you find the sizing?

sole searchin sole searchin I sold my Endorphin Speed because it makes my feet leaning inward like Adidas NMD. I believe the Speed is more for Neutral runner. Other than that, the ride is fantastic.

I just ran in Hoka Carbon X. The forefoot midsole is wide enough perfect for over pronation. It feels stable and good enough for daily slow pace running. It makes me want to try the Clifton Edge.

IATT IATT Hoka Recovery slide fits big. I think you can go down 1-2 full size. I guess since it fits big, my feet sometime gets tangled like woman in high heel :lol:. Also it is too wide makes my feet slide outward. rfx45 rfx45 might can give you better feedback since he seems to have the correct size.

Any idea of release dates?

had the volt next% at release and they just didn’t work for me with the upper - not sure if it was a sizing issue but order another pair Gia ID with EM and hoping it’d fit better. Would add in the Endorphin Speed since I’ve seen some good feedback from Widefooters (currently running in Pegasus 37 EEE and the NB Rebels)
I asked about the release and he said he didn't know for sure, but should be "soon". For reference, I think the first Saucony x Jackrabbit Jackalope pack came out in February 2020.

IATT IATT Hoka Recovery slide fits big. I think you can go down 1-2 full size. I guess since it fits big, my feet sometime gets tangled like woman in high heel :lol:. Also it is too wide makes my feet slide outward. rfx45 rfx45 might can give you better feedback since he seems to have the correct size.
They do run long. I wear 9.5 in Hoka and got the slides and flips in 9 after trying them on and they are still a tad long.

sole searchin sole searchin I sold my Endorphin Speed because it makes my feet leaning inward like Adidas NMD. I believe the Speed is more for Neutral runner. Other than that, the ride is fantastic.

I just ran in Hoka Carbon X. The forefoot midsole is wide enough perfect for over pronation. It feels stable and good enough for daily slow pace running. It makes me want to try the Clifton Edge.
Carbon X is a great shoe that I don't wear often anymore. I overpronate a bit in my right foot and find its wide/firm platform very stable and smooth, though it's a little firmer than I like. I think I read somewhere that version 2 will be somewhat softer, which would be ideal.

I have the Edge too and it's disappointing. I can't tell what the extended heel is doing (even when heel striking) other than adding weight; maybe it helps going downhill? It doesn't make the ride smoother for me; the normal Hoka metarocker does a better job of that, but the Edge has much less noticeable rocker than other Hokas.

Hey all,

Just ran in my new endorphin speeds after looking at all the rave reviews here and elsewhere. The hype is justified. I do feel the plate a little and I get the tech involved here. Great shoes.
does anyone feel that they are too squishy? Almost like the Pegasus turbo 1. I felt a little like I was sinking into the shoe. Compared to the Pegasus turbo 2 ( avid Nike runner) where IMO they felt a little stiffer. Maybe just me?

I feel they’re sort of analogous to the ZF. Maybe try the Pro for a stiffer more aggressive feel.

I like them. I don’t like how the paint chips. And I definitely feel that weird fatigue I get from other plated runners. Wish there were more colorways.

Great time to be a runner.

NB should price the TC around $180-ish and the RC elite at $200, similar to Saucony Endorphin Pro.
Regardless I wish the white colorway will release, and Endorphin Pro would have more colorway, like black-based colorway.

RCs intrigue me. However, if I already have the TCs. With that in mind, are the RCs still worth grabbing too? The main difference seems to be the outsole, correct?

weight and upper are different as well

the fuelcell midsole should be a bit different too, but just gotta remember that the RC is what they’re marketing as the racer of the two

i want to try it out, but am holding out for the white pair when they release next year

weight and upper are different as well

the fuelcell midsole should be a bit different too, but just gotta remember that the RC is what they’re marketing as the racer of the two

i want to try it out, but am holding out for the white pair when they release next year

3336D6E1-44E0-4255-A33B-070D7E33880E.jpeg

RC
C8D6A11B-8297-4BC5-899A-CB6E53E2B2EE.jpeg

TC
6F6A38B5-AAA7-412F-A491-0CF50192C0F6.jpeg

Perhaps the RC has a fuller CF plate?

3336D6E1-44E0-4255-A33B-070D7E33880E.jpeg

RC
C8D6A11B-8297-4BC5-899A-CB6E53E2B2EE.jpeg

TC
6F6A38B5-AAA7-412F-A491-0CF50192C0F6.jpeg

Perhaps the RC has a fuller CF plate?

unless someone actually dissects the midsole of the two, we won’t really know

only thing we do know is that NB has been dialing in different compounds of fuelcell with the different shoes they have, leading to the reason why some fuelcell shoes have either a softer/firmer rides than others. i would assume that the RC was made to have a much more comfortable and soft, yet light weight ride. again just some of the typical stuff i’ve been reading and seeing in the reviews out there

unless someone actually dissects the midsole of the two, we won’t really know

only thing we do know is that NB has been dialing in different compounds of fuelcell with the different shoes they have, leading to the reason why some fuelcell shoes have either a softer/firmer rides than others. i would assume that the RC was made to have a much more comfortable and soft, yet light weight ride. again just some of the typical stuff i’ve been reading and seeing in the reviews out there
The Fuelcell in the RC is supposed to be the lowest durometer of any of the Fuelcell shoes and slightly softer than the TC. Not sure how the plate compares between the two, but I recall seeing in at least one video review that the RC plate isn't as rigid as its peers.

Back
Top Bottom